Intermittent Fasting

Is this a meme? I have hit a body plateau and have being going with the traditional 6-8 meals a day diet that a lot of fitness advocates suggest. I have an above average physique but I just cant get the last few pounds off before I have that perfect fit and lean look. I have heard intermittent fasting is a newer practice that promotes fat loss but not eating for 16 hours a day seems bizarre considering how much work I put in at the gym and the repair your muscle needs. Does anybody fast and what results have or did you get?

Attached: intermittent-fasting-101.jpg (960x891, 87K)

>coffee
Isn't this not allowed?

Not sure how much of the 'extra effects' are a meme or not, but I find it helpful for doing IIFYM. Delay eating as long as possible = eating less overall and feeling fuller when I do eat. Otherwise I end up grazing all day.

It has to be black coffe, no cream or sugar

I am just afraid I will start to binge eat or something.

IMO to properly do it you need to be in a suitable environment.

I work 10 hour days from 9am to 7pm. So if I'm trying to lose weight, what I'd do is forgo breakfast and just have a bunch of coffee, work through the day, get home Start prepping dinner. Workout either after/during I eat depending on what I'm making (home gym) and continue eating afterwards to fill myself up without going overboard.

But it's a lot harder if you have a bunch of junk food in your house. And for me it's easy because if I don't bring any food to work, then that's that and I'm not eating until I get home.

Only if you are cutting. You ll see immense cuts if you fast, but prepare for a drop in weight gain overall.

I’d say after 3 months of bulking, take a buffer 4-days/1 week of eating less overall and then I-fast for like 2 weeks.

It still starts up the digestive system
Go all water mode no tea or coffee for full effects

>a mixture with no calories would be off limits
This isn't fasting for religious purposes user.

I prefer IF honestly.
It sucks for the start of the day, it's absolutely horrible and it makes me miserable.
However between 5-12pm I eat all of my calories for the day and it's hard to overeat. It gets to the point i'm literally force feeding myself.

However I can sleep with no issue whatsoever.
It keeps my weight down and I keep my muscle mass.
So really I have no issue with IF.
As far as worrying about muscle repair.
Muscles are constantly repairing and the benefits gained from eating protein at the exact moment of a muscle being stretched apart is so little it only effects the highest performing athletes going for world records.
Nutrients are consumed on a daily cycle, not an hourly or minutely cycle.

You can indeed ingest 150grams of protein in a few hour window and benefit from all 150grams of protein.

Since IF helps me from overeating this is particularly useful when bulking for me.
I save my protein shakes for the very end of my daily meal. Carefully counting calories with a table spoon/teaspoon measuring tool.
I down it with water. I gain the tiniest amount of fat while still gaining muscle.

So when cut time comes I only have to lose like 10lbs of excess fat.

As far as pure muscle growth, it has neither helped me nor hurt me.
My strength is relatively the same and i've noticed no negatives at all so it's probably one of the safer meme diets to experiment with.

Opposed to keto which causes major testosterone level drop after a few weeks.

I know you kind of touched on this but do you try to eat immediately after lifting? That kind of thinking remains consistent from what I have read about IF. The issue is I work full-time and the soonest I can get to the gym is maybe 6 pm? So the earliest I would eat is 7pm and then shut things down around 11pm? The rationale of IF makes sense to me. When we were cavemen, we did not have the luxury of eating whenever we felt like it and spent all day looking for that one meal and then filled up with as many calories as possible. However, we weren't lifting iron bars over our heads until we reached fatigue either lol. I usually life in the morning from 5 am to 7 am. Would I probably need to start training in the evening?

This user is entirely up to you.

I can make it through the day without eating.
I can.
I have no idea if you can.

Sometimes I have to down some coffee or caffeine (pre workout, but without the excess meme nutrients) to get me through my day.
I also buy from a place called Sprouts bulk dark chocolate pecans/coffee beans.
I measure them out very carefully and if i'm having a rough day where I didn't sleep well I'll eat them early in the day.
If you practice IF religiously every single day of your life you're going to be miserable. As you stated our genetics and responses to food are simply we ate when we can and if we couldn't our body would use fat as energy.
However some days are just harder than others and you have to break the fast. That doesn't mean you can break the fast absurdly. It needs to be minimal.

As for how I eat.
I wake up, have my entire day, work out around 1pm-3pm, go home, clean up, walk my dogs around 6pm-7pm, eat all my food as I want to until It's time for bed 12-3am.

The reason for this is I personally can not sleep if I'm hungry.
So I need to eat all of that food and ensure there is enough food in my stomach to get me through sleep.

Otherwise I'll be up at 4-5am binge eating.
Now on another note.
Since I eat at above 500 calories on the weekend I do not fast on the weekend.
I eat as a normal person would and than at night time I eat the excess 500 calories usually as icecream+nut mixture. This helps me sleep.

This is simply because it's the weekend and my girlfriend might want to eat breakfast or go out at some weird time to eat.
Mon-Fri the fast is almost ceremonial.

>ketofags piggybacking their pseudoscience onto legit IF
ok here's the deal, you don't have to do keto to do IF and you don't have to "enter ketosis" by burning all your glycogen and not replacing it.

I eat close to keto, 22/2 OMAD. I have like a half gallon of milk and one (1) baked potato a day. Sometimes fruit. But I absolutely burn it off. I walk 10-15 miles a day moving furniture, bike another 15, and lift. The bulk of my calories comes from milkfat, steak fat, egg yolks, and nuts. I must be burning off 100% of my carbs every day and switching to fat, I'm losing weight. But my diet is not keto.

CICO is truth, IF just makes calorie and hunger management easier. You can have a damn bowl of rice if you want it

Attached: 1534547683048.jpg (672x960, 66K)

>I prefer IF honestly.
>It sucks for the start of the day, it's absolutely horrible and it makes me miserable.
sounds like your a beginner to fasting and IF.

me and anyone else i know who regulary fasts and does IF, feel amazing all day fasted, lasersharp focus and unlimited energy. are you eating healthy fats?

>tfw only two more hours left to eat today

Attached: 1518004838912.jpg (219x250, 7K)

>if can make you a superhero even though I won't provide any citations that any of what I'm saying is true

I've been doing IF for about 6 years since i was 24. It did nothing for me other than help me manage overeating.

I'm pretty sure everything you're saying is a meme and is no different than people who claim nofap works.

Which usually those people are virgins who don't actually exercise and wonder why their dicks aren't working so excuse me if i'm skeptical that IF is suppose to magically make my perception sharper and increase my energy.

Why don't you just admit things that are actually true and keep your personal feelings to yourself.

IF is
1. a way to manage a diet
2. all other benefits or cons are entirely situational and little to no evidence exist to correlate any meme response from people on Jow Forums

Rookie question.
I work early and long hours (5:30a-6p) most days.
Lift 5 days a week right after work with colleague. Hiking, bouldering, and hill climbs for cardio.
Should I push my eating window early to get through the day and be fueled up for the evening gym session? Or begin at 12 and eat my last calories right after lifting in the evening?

IF helped me drastically decrease my grocery bill, so there’s that

nah ur retarded and u eat shit, like empty carbs, junk food and sugary shit.

IF produces ketones and makes you burn fat in a fasted state.

IF produces Human growth hormones

>IF is
>1. a way to manage a diet
>2. all other benefits or cons are entirely situational and >little to no evidence exist to correlate any meme >response from people on Jow Forums

no, no and no.

you fat greasy scumbag, u don't know shit.

That's what I am wondering. I cannot get in the gym at 1pm. I work full-time and all the diet plans or suggested post-workout eating times for IF will not work with my schedule.

And I always find myself ravenous post-workout. But if I am not back home to eat dinner until 8 it feels like it's too late to eat a proper meal.

Wait, so picture in the OP is IF? You get an 8 hour eating window? That's all there is to it? It's basically just skipping breakfast no?
I thought you had to do something unusual like eat one single meal with all your daily calories and go hungry the rest of the day

all kinds of fasting are
m e m e s
e
m
e
s

From what I read there are people who do the extreme and go 23 hours without a meal and just have one giant one, but most IF meal plans I read are like
>1 giant post-work out meal
>1 smaller meal about 3 hours later
>1 before bed small meal and then fast for 16 hours and repeat

To be more specific, most plans I read are telling you fast for 16 hours and non-fast for 8 hours.

This
If you stop eating at any point in the day you'll die, which is why I have a drip feeder for when I go to bed.

Point taken.

>I'm gonna cope for the fact that some user called me out on my bullshit by posting no citations, but call him a fat shit

K

coffee or anything that affects the gut resets the clock