This is such a stupid fucking lift

This is such a stupid fucking lift

Attached: main-qimg-2ec337f0e9da529d09f399b521a71796-c.jpg (550x367, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XIbxBpMYifc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

your mom is a stupid fucking lift

Did it today, can confirm

hey now buddy

just use the t-bar instead

my juicy thicc back says otherwise

look here goyboy I row 315x10 clean with pauses at the top, it's been the single best thing for my deadlift. I know it's gonna be a shock to hear this but if you don't like one of the big compound lifts, the problem isn't the lift, the problem is YOU

lol get REKTED XD

Why is that Auschwitz victim doing a bent over row?

If you got trash hamstrings like me it's hard as shit.

Anyone know any substitute lift?

>try doin ya rows undahand

Attached: ooga.jpg (752x545, 90K)

Yea untrash your hamstrings

they look like bent over rows. just do em on a bench

literally the only thing i can do where i actually feel my lats contracting is single arm cable pulldowns(you hold it like a baton). i have decent lats but they're pretty much only from that. i can't row with a barbell or any kind of cable to save my life. i just end up using biceps and momentum

how do you do your rows? any tips for rowing? sounds like you know what you're talking about

>look here goyboy I row 315x10 clean with pauses at the top

you can't claim something like that without posting some evidence of your lifts, you'd be pulling 700+ for sure

Why not? Get a little supplemental bicep work in.

These suck ass because you have to stabilize a large load with your lower back. Great for stabilizers but if you want to actually move a decent weight it's just the goddamn worst. Literally 20 better options if you are going for thickness.

post body

>crediting the diploid groids instead of glorious Dorian
Get out

ITT dumb niggers who don't know how to contract their lats

I can't get my upper body parallel to the ground. Been doing some hamstring stretches but still

Pendlay rows are fun. Bitches like seeing you can violently throw weight into your cock.

I dropped barbell rows finally. I do machine rows now. Pull ups. That's it for my back. Well, stiff leg deadlifts if that counts.

How dare you make fun of the god twins

how are bent over rows better for your lats than seal rows

No one can and no one does, that's the secret

Its cause ur dyel and dont deadlift or do your compounds.

>Literally 20 better options if you are going for thickness.
like what?

This is the most uncomfortable exercise

My barbell row is some retarded half high pull half row sorta like Paul Anderson used to do. I do plenty of cable and machine rows that I keep strict. On my barbell I try and minimize my hip movement and just be as explosive as possible

deadlifts are for fluffy powerlifters not for aesthetics

t.dyel

t.manletdestiny

I'd been doing Pendlay rows but recently switched to regular bent-over rows (I keep the bar slightly closer to my body).
Watch Brian's video on rows, it's pretty good.
Anyway, I was getting stronger with the Pendlay's but wasn't really feeling it, like you pull hard but there's no eccentric component. They stills seem great for power so I do a set here and there but I can feel better engagement and pump after a few sets of regular rows.

t.ben shapiro

So, there's two schools of thought about it, one is to try to take the lower back out of the lift as much as possible, one is to accept the inevitability of lower back/hamstring work and use it intentionally as a deadlift accessory.

Therefore, however I am splitting up my workouts, I like to do deadlifts and rows at opposite points in the week.

Here is a good video on the topic. It's what made me start taking rows more seriously.
youtube.com/watch?v=XIbxBpMYifc

I like to do a pretty similar form to his, although like I said I do try to put a pause at the top of it. He of course is a monster who rows more than half again as much as me while ottermode, but the principle still stands.

How the fuck do I increase my strict pendlay row without using my hips to cheat the weight? I can do 235x5 but past that limit I'm just using momentum

if you row 315x10 strict how much do you deadlift? any lift vids or webms?

Get stronger. Try pullups, chinups, diddly, cleans, back extensions

t. liftlets

I have a hard time doing it my lower back getting sore.

I just replaced it with snatch-grip diddlies.

I mean, I'm not gonna stop, it makes the middle of my upper back joocy like nothing else, it's still fuckin gay tho

thanks for the writeup user, i liked the video, ill try giving that a shot next time i do rows

Nope haha

What? I can get parallel to the ground easily with only a slight bend at the knees. You guys must be tight as fuck in the lower back and hamstrings. Do good mornings.

What a great video. Cailer usually has great stuff.

> "Hey Tyrone can you show us how you do rows?"
> "Sure thing cracka, lemme put sum ebonix on dis sheeit! Das rite!"

Notice how even this allegedly clean cut articulate nigger still cannot help but insert muh blak powuh into even something as mundane as doing a fucking exercise. This is probably part of the reason like 60% of the planet wants to exterminate the entire nigger race

I diddly in the 500s. Gonna be honest, I don't put pics/vids of myself on the internet but seriously play around with it for 2 weeks and see what happens to your diddly.

That's the thing man, using your hips/back to get the weight up is /part of the exercise/. It's okay to use your hips (just like it's okay to be white). See

no fucking way, i deadlift in the 500s and there's no fucking way i could strict row 315 with a pause at the top let alone do it for 10 reps

If you say so. In the past I've tried just saying "fuck it" and ignoring the hip movement, but what happens is I add weight to the bar and I just use more hips and less back. And then add weight again and use more hips and less back, and so on until I'm barely using my back at all and basically just turning it into a horizontally-positioned deadlift + diving my chest to the bar.

lol oh please theres no way you can do that 500 dl lmao

Fucking this.

Post vid

it looks stupid as hell but it works though. most people don't do it right.

You wouldn't know them, they go to a different gym.

Dumbbell rows are so much fuckign better than these pieces of shit. These things can't effectively hit the lats because you're limited by your lower back, and the range of motion is absolute dogshit.

I always fuck my lower back doing bent over rows. I just eventually build up enough weight and then I injure my back slightly and it will stay sore and tight for 1 to 2 weeks unless I get a massage. I just stopped doing these even though they are very fun. Doesn't matter if I do strict or not, it's the leverage of the weights vs my back at an angle which fuck my shit up. So sad

Attached: 1534169769989.gif (300x228, 1.91M)

You're supposed to. You use your hips in a deadlift.

>tfw i have shitty leverage for everything except pressing even tho i'm 6'2"

i can't even deadlift correctly but i can 1RM 4pl8 on bench. kill me bros

>can do 165 for reps without jerking my body
>STILL have a bitch ass upper back

Fuck rows.

Attached: 33c3088f07b11741c6804e28a1296bc3.png (432x329, 130K)