Uni thread

How you holding up bros?
This was my first week of college and it fucking sucked. I can already name people that hate me and doesnt want to fucking see me.

Worst, Im a freak and cant find other freaks like me, not even in my cs courses. Its going to be another 4 lonely years again.

Attached: 59B79547-094D-4F35-8B39-010DEB46E275.gif (645x773, 1.68M)

First week is ass, everyone is at their fakest trying to make "friends" that will go away by the next week. Play the long game. Stay quiet and get good grades. That's all uni is for. If you're lucky you'll meet another quiet person down the road. "Friends" are not the point of college.

This so much, thanks user.

I'm curious, why do they hate you already?

>it's a normalfag acts like normalfags post-high school all act in a civilized way all the time and are above bullying episode

Is there always one freak per school? i'm always the only freak, why can't there be more?

Why have your classes already started? I'm not due back until the 1st of October

As a guy who has been in college for almost 4 years now, I promise that you will never remember the "first week" of college.

Just focus on getting good grades, and you'll meet people that you like down the road.

What are you studying? Also, yeah, first week doesn't mean much. You'll form closer connections with people you meet in university clubs or in class, most likely.

Holy fuck this fampai

Im afraid its not so true. Uni is to get a diploma and contacts. Grades are to pass or to get scholarship at best. What is important, especially in cs, is to get contacts and work as fast as possible.
Sorry to tell you OP but grades are a meme in uni

This nigga failed

You make contacts by doing internships/going to job fairs/talking to professors, not "friends"

Class starts on the 20th. I'm 21 and have literally zero (0) friends. Surely the biggest red flag of all times, even murderers and rapists have friends. There's something so fundamentally flawed about me that I'm incompatible with all other humans. And yeah, I'm majoring in CS also. Lol

People in college suck

Ive never said you need friends for these contacts, they are sometimes useful if your uni is not a rat race because you can cooperate and help each other
Im just saying that grades are not useful at all if you are not going straight for scholarship

I'm majoring in poli sci, have two relevant internships, good grades and no debt and I'm willing to do any job as long as it pays 40k a year minimum. Am I totally fucked?

Start looking for jobs the summer before your gruadation year.

Gonna graduate in December. So I should send out applications now?

>I can already name people that hate me and don't want to fucking see me
Why didn't you just do what every robot does and stay low? Just don't fucking talk to normalfags if you don't want to be treated like shit.

Don't listen to this guy. You are supposed to network in college so you have a higher chance at getting a job outside of college. Good grades doesnt mean shit for a lot of people and they have bad luck getting a job after high school. Pretend to be normie and make a lot of friends or you will be fucked in the long run.

>poli sci
kek, why didn't you just study law, retard

Attached: tumblr_oqwnfnBBeA1vb0tywo1_1280.png (1280x898, 745K)

Definitely. The job market is harsh as hell these days, and lots of places expect you to apply early anyway.

When you network you need to be able to bring something to the table. Sometimes it's "being at the top of the class", sometimes it's "placing well in a contest", other times it's "having worked at a certain prestigious internship as well". Good grades can help if you leverage them properly, and they tend to be a reflection of your overall ability to achieve stuff.

fucking hate this degree

Attached: 1519799824607.jpg (250x249, 6K)

Smart but Lazy is just another way of saying you're a brainlet, a true smart person does not have to work hard to do well in college

>tfw I only go to uni for study/grades

I dont know if that is good or bad bros (im stemfag btw)

Attached: unnamed.jpg (236x221, 9K)

Thanks user, you cheered me up with your post. Im in the same boat.

>studying pre-law
>to get into law school

Attached: 1523145659709.jpg (339x504, 23K)

Not entirely true. I of course made contacts through the methods you mentioned.. but my first job in college as a programmer was because i signed up for a group programming competition and one of the randoms in my group pulled me aside afterward and said the place he worked at was looking for more student devs (super cheap programmers)... Working that job allowed me a huge leg-up on the people in my classes that didn't do stuff like that. My first job out of college, i got because i befriended some random dudes in a cyberSec class and they all went to work for a consulting firm the semester before me. I just recently went to an interview and got an offer (that i ended up turning down because my current company matched and exceeded their offer). That offer came because some dude i was in a class with worked at a company that was looking for other developers. The first thing a lot of companies looking to hire devs will do is ask their programmers if they have any dev friends. You can have good career progression just from knowing the right people and not being a dick to to others. PRO TIP: get used to socializing with your peers now... I Interview junior devs all the time and they are just so fucking bad at interviewing/talking to people.
TLDR: the people you meet in your classes can be valuable contacts for you down the road. Cultivate all the relationships you can with your Profs, other students and any tech recruiters that show up to career fairs. GO TO ALL THE HACK-A-THONS YOU CAN!!!!

Not a fucking reason sperg.

>dropped out of college last year
>decide to go back this semester
>realize i had some delinquent fees tied to my account left over
>forgot about it
>it git defaulted over to a collection agency
>cant re-enroll until i pay back what I owe
>cant transfer because college wont give up my transcript until i pay off the debt
Wtf?!?!?
Isnt there anything I can do????I cant pay all that money back but i wsnt to star college again

Attached: 1533256049661.png (460x460, 429K)

>uni took 3 weeks to process my payment
>get it so late i have to fly 12 hours back home to renew my visa and fly back next month to start uni
At least I already ordered my mask for helium suicide.

Attached: 1466609632924.png (350x729, 155K)

Reminders that grade is a meme and you need to make contact and most importantly, work experience. Any employer would take up a half-ass retard with internship year over a 1st class with no experience any day.

Attached: 1526193854691.png (626x626, 244K)

Holy shit I cannot wait until september for university to start, I've just been getting drunk every single day. I hate this.

Attached: 65687415_p0_-_Watch.png (768x1024, 1.13M)

>go to my physics class
>class is so loud, everyone literally yelling over each other about stupid shit
>overhear some guys bragging about their grades of 59%
>one guy says he got his scholarship revoked because his grades were too low
It was even worse in my engineering class last year, but it isn't like this in biology or chemistry at all. It's pretty quiet in those two classes and everyone mostly keeps to themselves. Why is it like this robots?

WHATEVER YOU DO MAKE THE MSOT OF THIS TIME
LIMIT Jow Forums AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
I'M SERIOUS
THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM YOUR FUTURE SELF
TO ALL OF YOU
DON'T WASTE YOUR COLLEGE TIME ON Jow Forums

Go study in a European country with free universities! Like Norway!

>but it isn't like this in biology or chemistry at all.
It's because Engineering is still the "take engineering and earn big bucks" degree along with CS. Chemistry and Biology aren't that great for earning money

Fuck you and fuck europe