Does 1/2/3/4 mean 1RM or for reps?

Does 1/2/3/4 mean 1RM or for reps?

Attached: bathtub guardian.jpg (646x607, 115K)

Reps

5 Reps

3x5 paused reps (no cheating with momentum/bouncing) for bench, ohp, and squat, 1x5 for deadlift. All in the same workout

2 reps then?

at least 12 reps

it basically means that you hit 1/2/3/4 for working sets, not maxes

38 reps minimum

It was changed to 40 after zyzz passed

It's for 1rm, dont listen to those fags. Most people reach it in less than a year. I reached it in 6 or 7 months with good genetics and kinda high end bodyfat. People with good genetics and athletic background might be at 1/2/3/4 the first time they step into the gym.
If you've been lifting for 2 years and still havent reached it then you're either a female, have shit genetics or simply doing something wrong.
1/2/3/4 is by no means impressive, it basically means that you're strong by normie standards.
All you have to know t'b'h, cheers.

>being stronger than 95% of the population
>not impressive

Attached: 1509014772329.png (403x448, 53K)

>12 reps
xD

If you can do 1/2/3/4 x 10 (you probably shouldn’t for deadlift) then you have a great strength base for a natural lifter. You will see diminishing returns at that point

5x5 circuit (ohp->bench->squat->diddly and repeat) with less than a minute rest in between. Also must be done at less than 100 feet above sea level to account for gravity (anything higher and you'll be cheating) but at the same time you must use one of those oxygen deprivation masks to emulate the effects of lifting at higher altitudes (3000+ ft).
Needless to say that it must all be done in a max of 25 minutes and no water is allowed.
Hope I cleared it up for you

In my book that's not impressive. You might want to act like tough guy to weak and inferior normies, but I will never think of you as a man if you can''t do 1.5/2.5/3.5/4/5
To get my respect, you have to earn it boy.

The overwhelming majority of the population aren't trying to be strong.

>you probably shouldn't for deadlift

You're not my supervisor!

Attached: Steveno!.webm (640x640, 2.03M)

Most of the population doesn’t get a PHD, but that’s still impressive.

How? Strength =!= size

>implying anyone cares about your respect

Because your strength/size potential is logarithmic and at 1/2/3/4x10 (with some variation from person to person of course) you start to get into the asymptotic region

it took me about 2yrs to hit 1/2/3 at 140lbs bw for 1 rep because i started underweight and had to work my way up. if you're high bodyfat, you'll likely hit it sooner

I can do 1.5/3/3/4

Fucking injured my back lifting an obeast patient one time during an emergency (no warmup, no good opportunity to use proper technique or leverage)

God damn!

being a young adult man means youre stronger than 95 % of the population

Wrong, you can go well beyond that naturally.

Read I’m not saying it can’t go beyond that, but that you will start to get diminishing returns. Look up the Pareto principle or Pareto distributions. Going from 80% of your natural potential to 90% requires monumentally more effort than going from say 30% to 60%. Just like going from 1/2/3/4x10 to 2/3/4/5x10 is substantially more difficult than 0.5/1/2/3x10 to 1/2/3/4x10

> People with good genetics and athletic background might be at 1/2/3/4 the first time they step into the gym.

Did you snort coke before typing that shit?

wtf is 1/2/3/4 can someone explain this to me in detail? i would like to try it

1 plate ohp
2 plate bench
3 plate squat
4 plate dl

it's a sign that you're making it if you have those lifts

A shitty landmark for people who have nothing else going on in their lives so they can brag on the internet that they're so stronger than the average gym goer

thanks user, jeez i am 1.5/2/2.5/3. should i start training my lower body more often?

No you should fix your programming or fix your bench form. If you’re OHPing 185 you should be doing more than 225 on bench