So is protein timing true or just a bunch of bs that whey producers want you to believe?

So is protein timing true or just a bunch of bs that whey producers want you to believe?

Attached: Protein_shake.jpg (2300x2372, 652K)

Whey gives me acne

Whey and other animal products are only good at giving you cancer and heart disease, eat your broccoli if you want to grow

Micellar casein is slow-release so it doesn't matter when you consume it

Arent whey side effects just related to lactose intolerance?

Attached: this-is-bait-of-cellent-quality-27681140.png (500x523, 37K)

Is collagen protein any good?

t.green skinned vegan with zyklon b tier farts

It's a load of shit.

It's bullshit. Just make sure your daily protein intake is consistently where it should be. Some complex carbs like oats before you work out is more important.

The whey itself is also bs.

>he fell for the complex vs simple carbs meme
Glucose is glucose retard

The whole "you have to eat a protein shake right after working out or your workout is wasted" is a meme.

However, there is at least one study that showed the timing between when you eat your protein throughout the day can effect gains. iirc 4 hours inbetween was better than 2 hours or 6 hours.

Complex carbs have protein and fiber as well as starches. Also, if you don't think there's a difference between glucose and sucrose/fructose, you're retarded.

So none of you cunts supplement with whey, creatine etc?

I would but I'm too poor for it.

>just do tren brah
>whey will give you cancer brah

Fucks sake Jow Forums

protein timing is a real thing up to a certain point, you get more anabolism out of a protein feeding the closer it is to a workout, but the magnitude of different isn-t high from 1h post workout to 8h post workout.

>calls someone a retard
>makes retarded statement

It's not the final form of glucose you should be worried about. It's the hormonal response of different carbohydrates. Simple carbs spike blood sugar, which the body responds to by producing insulin.

Excess insulin can be detrimental depending on your goals. Go to some research and un-tard your self.

It’s bullshit. Carb timing is real tho. You should always eat carbs right after a work out so your body can digest them and turn them into glycogen stores asap

not sure what you mean by "protein timing" in general, but the most recent research indicates that protein should be eaten immediately after strength workouts, and the body can use it to begin repairing muscle immediately.

dunno why everyone is saying "its bullshit" or whatever, they have no idea what they're talking about I guess

I do, but as the name implies, it should be supplemental. Most of your protein should come from food.

So, what, work your macros then supplement protein shortfall? Sorry for the noob question, just need to sort my shite diet out.

None of the fucking DYEL dags on here are training for Olympia so it doesn't matter.

Are your lifts going up? Are you making gains? Then keep doing what you're doing - your 'protein timing' is fine.

You pretty much have the right idea. Also, if you're pressed for time or you miss a meal, you can have some whey to get your protein without eating a bunch of extra calories like you would with fast food.

Feeding windows are bullshit.

The only things that are backed by evidence is that eating directly after working out is slightly more effective and also contrary to popular normie belief eating before bed is slightly more effective.

Notice I said eating. Shakes are not eating, they are better than nothing but real food is always better.

>protein or carbs in a shake aren't as real as nutrients from chicken and rice
goddamnit it hurts to read posts like this you dense faggot

Are you implying that all protein, carbs, and fats are created equally? If so I'm being completely honest when I say you are brain dead.

Attached: 1535143035918.jpg (881x749, 49K)

Muy religion says natchurel is betta

Not him but the entire point of a macro is that it's the same. A gram of fat is a gram of fat, period.

Now, if you give a shit about yourself you'll want to hit micros too which vary depending on what food you eat. You'll also avoid things like trans fats, excessive sodium, etc.

But in terms of getting energy and nutrition, if you get enough macros and micros it really doesn't matter where they came from.

So why not live on soilent then?

Jokes on you fag, I actually want to die faster

Actually this

>if you get enough macros and micros it really doesn't matter where they came from.
Cool, so if you believe that get all your protein from onions and get all your carbs from french fries. I mean, it shouldn't matter right? As long as you hit those macros.

I think you're right user

Source me.

No it doesn't wheat does

>t. Tingy yella Simpsons ass nigga with a little limp celery dick

Attached: MJf7MKu.png (469x620, 364K)

You just described all of fit with your first 2 statements

Yeah ? You know what else gives me cancer ?? You ! Ahahaha BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Attached: 9999999999999.png (151x129, 46K)

the anabolic window (protein timing) is a myth that is constantly disproven. as long as your hit whatever amount of protein you need during the day you'll be good. Also, you should get protein from food, not whey. Unless you're an athlete or professional powerlifter, you can easily get double the amount of protein you need from real food for cheaper.

Whey and animal protein spikes your blood sugar just as much as pure refined white sugar.
if you want to have diabetes just drink whey, its more likely than eat a cake.

(you)

these guys are dumb. Timing matters a lot. Theres no anabolic window but you need to eat around your workout (ideally) and you need to keep protien in your body throughout the day(ideally). This is important if you drink a lot of whey to supplemwnt your protien. Whey digests fast so it is better to not take a bunch at once. Space it out every hr or 2

For collagen yeah. But it's not actual muscle-building protein, so you won't be gaining anything except a less wrinkly face later in life

This. When my friends text me about the way they use their protein powder I feel like making sweet love to a wet light socket.

Use brotein like a desert. Mix it in with some broatmeal, or have a shake with low fat greek yogurt and a few scoops mixed in after dinner, but don't be fuck-stupid and use it as your primary protein source

inb4 reddit spacing, they're called paragraphs you mongoloids