/fitlit/ thread

>your favourite lift
>which philosopher do you like the most
>why

Attached: GoltziusFarneseHerc.jpg (450x625, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GBT9LasyC3E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>squat
>your mom

>diddly
>philosophy is for idiots
>because it is the lift that takes the most raw strength and energy

Dumbbell shoulder press.

I don’t know any off the top of my head.

>overheadpress
>cucklopsohy is literally /reddit/ the hobby. homo shit for people who have no actual hobbies besides talking about they iq
>your mom

Bench
Currently working on "Reasonable Faith" by William Lane Craig. Highly recommend to Christian niggas. Pure deductive autism and I love it

Craig is legit the only protty that I like

Inductive, my bad

Attached: brainlet.jpg (800x450, 41K)

rack pull
don't read philosophy but I choose diogenes
pic rel

Attached: 1518386404220.jpg (1800x1322, 891K)

>the philosophical knowledge of brainlets on Jow Forums goes from nothing to christcuckism

Attached: 1456887993765.png (1106x1012, 660K)

Why did you include me in the reply list? I know more about philosophy than you.

I like pull ups.
I don't read that much philosophy (or anything) but currently reading Marcus Aurelius' Meditations

Power clean
Charlamagne
He has a good podcast

>OHP
>Albert Camus
>It's not a coincidence that I started lifting shortly after reading The Myth of Sisyphus.

>brainlets
>says the frogposter

>2018
>he reads meme philosophy so he can feel smarter than he really his
Baka. You're being Wolf Larsen when you should be Death Larsen

Squat.
I've read up on some stoic works, reading about zen now
Feels good.

Attached: Zazen.jpg (1707x2560, 560K)

>heavy lift
>rich piana
>because he left humanity behind

>Actually Pull Ups are my favorite exercise
>Emil Cioran
>Because his reasoning to make sense of desparate human conditions seems to be build on more despair but can be somehow uplifting without drifting near irrational hope. Like: "Killing yourself is not worth the effort, because you always kill yourself too late"

>your favorite lift
Military Press
Confucius
>why
Junzi

Attached: confucius-say-man-with-hand-in-pocket-feel-cocky-all-19559042.png (500x389, 139K)

Squat

Marcus Aurelius>

>OHP
>Thomas Hobbes
I found his idea on the commonwealth being rooted in human fear and the state of nature to be compelling. As for the OHP, I feel a greater sense of achievement completing a heavy OHP than any other lift (deadlift is 2nd favourite).

>favourite lift
right now, OHP
>which philosopher
I want to start reading and I love the ancient greek and roman cultures which I used to study so I need to start with someone I guess, just clueless since when I had philosophy in highschool it was only specific philosophers that coincidentally shared the same political values
>why
it's a fun lift which hits my favourite muscles like traps, upper back and shoulders plus looks manly as fuck

Attached: 1522842081830.jpg (1920x1023, 432K)

Have you asked that guy out yet faggot?
I hope you didn't sperg out and say he looks like little ceasars

>Favorite Lift
Squat
>Favorite Philosopher
C.S. Lewis
>Why
Best expositor of Christianity of the last century.
Explained Sehnsucht to me, which I had sought for over a decade.
Superb at explaining important concepts simply without losing their truth
Keeps the hypermasculine and belligerence and merges it with a proper merciful morality in his writing.
The final battle of Perelandra is the most ridiculously adrenaline-filled bit of literature I’ve read in my adult life.
Actual war veteran

I also really admire Aristotle, but I haven’t read enough of him (only the Ethics) and mostly know him by reputation. So I can’t rightfully say he’s my favorite.

Heard great things about Craig. Never read him before tho.

Attached: C.S. LOLis.jpg (632x810, 122K)

>merciful
so the weak can band together and rape the strong?

No, so the strong use their strength properly.
Here’s an essay of his talking about it - youtube.com/watch?v=GBT9LasyC3E

Attached: C.s. Lewis Smoking.jpg (219x292, 35K)

>deadlifts
>my main man Diogenes
Because his lifestyle and teachings are absolutely based.

Attached: 7in91oB.jpg (1800x1322, 344K)

>fav lift
Either bench or deadlifts
>Fav philosopher
Don't know, a tie between Schopehauer and Lao Zi
>y doe faggot
Schopenhauer basically discovered German Buddhism, aka a buddhism that is far more stoic and cynical, and he played a huge part in inspiring Nietzsche. Lao Zi because I find daoist way of thinking to be really healthy. ''Just chill out bro, if something goes wrong then there's no point in feeling anxious about it, it's all a part of your journey.'' Basically just take things as they come and don't make to big of a fuzz about it, live in the present and all of those memes.

feather cucks btfo

>pull-ups
>Diogenes

>Deadlift
>Camus

Because those are the correct answers.

I like arm supersets and Heidegger

I bet that Lao zi was a total bro who you could always go with as a wingman, he sounds cool as fuck

>philosophy is for idiots.

Nice philosophy retard.

deadlift
Marcus Aurelius or Lao Zi

Attached: 1515537212312.jpg (1280x1707, 968K)

Man with two hand in pocket not feel too cocky

>does a pullup count? if not lat pulldown
>diogenes
>boss

Squat bc it makes me feel powerful idk
Not a philosopher really but I like Christopher Lasch a lot bc he's a leftist who understands how fucked modern culture is in more than just economic terms

Pull ups. I’m good at them for some reason.

I’m currently reading Evola’s Revolt AtMW.

I’m so conflicted. 80% of the time he seems bat shit insane pulling stuff out of the air. Another 20% he seems to pluck at the primodial root of man and give a good insight into what’s truly wrong with our civilization..

But as far as my favorite philosopher? I don’t really know. I liked Aurelius. Probably because i’m a brainlet and everything he said made good sense... but I will say that many aspects of stoic philosophy are pretty anti-human. I could see the flaws but I like the ideal

>your favourite lift
Preacher curl
Socrates
>why
Many reasons but mainly because one of his quotes played an important role in making me decide to get Jow Forums in the first place
The quote in question;
“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”

>I like this guy I never read who had a quote posted in a motivational thread on an Italian spaghetti knitting forum

>FAVORITE LIFT
BENCH PRESS
>FAVORITE PHILOSOPHER
DIOGENES THE ORIGINAL CHAD
>WHY
EVEN ALEXANDER THE GREAT BOWED TO DIOGENES. ETERNALLY BTFO'D PLATO. LIVED IN THE STREET.

>favorite lift
Military Press
>philosopher
Not really a hard and faster answer on this, but I've been gorging on Kundera lately.
>why
He's just a very intriguing counterpoint to the traditionalist German philosophers, and I highly enjoy the conversation between the two views.

Words hurt user, I learned a fair bit about him during college history, the groundwork he laid for the kind of philosophy we learn today and the method named after him

If you think you're talking to somebody who takes the time to consider the matter of Epicurism vs Stoicism or someone who can even begin to fathom what Dostoevsky was on about in his depressing books then I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree

Shit. Didn’t want to hurt your feelings, m8.

Dostoyevsky is pretty accessible. I would skip The Idiot though. It was enjoyable yet boring

Deadlift
Probably pliny the elder

>bench
> Camus
Bench because it’s my worst and thus I must learn to do more of it and Camus because he’s the chad of all 20th century philosophy. Steiner would be a close second

Attached: 3E759266-149C-49EB-AA11-F55827055AF5.png (928x831, 713K)

Is diogenesis just red meat for nihilistic retards?

He’s a cynic in the traditional meaning

>Didn’t want to hurt your feelings, m8.
Nah it's fine you're right to a degree anyway, I probably only feel attachment to Socrates by process of elimination since all the other philosophers I've learned about don't really appeal to me
Maybe I'd choose Dante over him because of the liberal use he makes of poetic irony in his works, but I'm still trying to digest the Divine Comedy so I'm not sure

>Dostoyevsky is pretty accessible
Is he?
My first read was Crime & Punishment and it didn't take long after beginning reading for me to get trapped in the same existential dread as Raskolnikov

Maybe I should look into him more.

But from my impression of him based off his quotes and actions, he just seems like a comedic figure. He seemed extradinarily witty, yet someone who didn’t have any real beliefs or ideas that would benefit civilization

Is this more or less true?

>the amount of tryhards ITT larping as intellectuals by trying to convince others they read some dyel egghead's inane musings on life
literally what's the point? I know I'm gonna get some (you)s calling me a brainlet but really, think about it. I used to be the most elitist fuck too, only listened to classical music, constantly trying to expand my culture and vocabulary, tipping my fedora and patting myself on the back for knowing "the finer things in life" and then I turned 18. What's the point of culture really? What is gained by reading such and such or listening to such and such?

That and philosophy is literally just rewording the simplest shit ad nauseam and splitting hairs. Anything you can read in these books you could come up with by staring at your ceiling for an hour, albeit less aptly worded. Unlike physics, biology and a myriad other fields, you can literally just pull the answers out of thin air, they're sort of already within you. Plus most of you are just reading wikipedia entries about the books you purport to have read.

I don't know man I don't care about any of it anymore I'm a meathead o yea

Deadlift, because it's the ONLY lift that matters

He was pretty much the first historical account of being based.

Sumo deadlifts.

That one nigga that got executed for being smart

I enjoyed Crime & Punishment. I understand existential crisis he was going through. But the ending, where he comes to terms with his crime by accepting God as the ultimate source of meaning meant a lot to me. I’m a recovering atheist.

>He was pretty much the first historical account of being based.
Nice opinion I guess.

Deadlift
Bhudda
Death is inevitable, nothing lasts forever, pain is inevitable, the world is what yoy make of it, so lift really fucking heavy weights

>Deadlift, because it's the ONLY lift that matters
That's not actually true.

Deadlift into Zercher squat is the only lift that matters.

>not zercher deadlift

It’s hard to pinpoint him to a view point due to him not writing anything down, thus all of his exploits are second hand sources. He was similar to Socrates in the sense that he “question those that thought themselves wise, when they were not”. No matter if you were a scholar, a banker, a poet, or Alexander the Great. You were equal to the eyes to a homeless man who jerked off in public.

Kek. Thanks for the post

He's the basest/purest form of satirist. Irreverence taken to its extreme becomes its own sort of philosophy.

Attached: A1356E7D-7D46-45B3-852E-E491F45079CB.jpg (521x433, 45K)

>lit
>philosophy
Pick one and only one.

Attached: 1535413022397.png (500x501, 38K)

>deadlift
>Julius Evola

>push press
>Jesus
>Because he is the one true saviour of all

>dumbell curl
>Rich Piana
>8 hour arms

>your favourite lift
Deadlifts
Not a philospher but I like GK Chesterton
>why
Lifting lots of weight is fun and Chesterton is a happy warrior

>OHP
>Kierkegaard
>His leap of faith concept really resonates with me, there is so much unknown and out of our control a leap of faith seems reasonable to answer man's existential problems

best answer