Hex bar deadlifts: Faggotry or respectable work out?

Hex bar deadlifts: Faggotry or respectable work out?

Attached: 2E3ECF56-BA16-435E-9EB1-0BCD55E101E6.jpg (500x500, 35K)

It's retarded to call certain lifts gay and then refuse to do them

They're great, only "MUH NOT TRUE POWERLIFT" faggots will tell you otherwise

Useless imo unless you have super long legs

Just squat

I would love to try them but my gym doesn't have that kind of bar :'(

Immense faggotry. Defeats the whole purpose of a deadlift by turning it into a “standing squat” and eliminates most of the lower back activation. Only used by basedcucks afraid of hard work.

hurr durr different exercises do different things what a surprise

you have no clue what you're talking about

Only good if you don't have the space for a farmer's walk.

What if I can't grip this? hook grip?

Improve your grip as unless you want to be a literal limp-wristed faggot you're going to have to be able to hold the immense weights the rest of you could handle.

straps

Truth

That's a Smith Machine level of faggotry right there

It's a very great excercise. Coaches and the military are incorporating this lift more and more because it's alot easier on the spine and it trains explosiveness more than conventional deadlift. Been doing them as an accesory lift with lower weight and higher reps. It's doing wonders for my deadlift and squats, it really helps to develop your upperback, traps and grip strength. It tremendously helped me with clean and jerks, snatches and squats. Before I did these my upper back would often curl at the last rep of my deadlifts or when I tried some higher weight with cnj or snatches. Doing these goat babies for a month fixed that.

giving a shit about what other people think in the gym is faggotry in of itself. it's a legit lift, so incorporate it sometimes if you want.

I assume these are only for skellies, I can barely fit my legs in them. That's no joke and not a fatty either, I tried it once and was like wtf

t. definitely a fatty

Biomechanically a trap bar deadlift has the form of a squat; traditional deadlift limits the angle of the tibia since the bar forces the shin into an upright position. Furthermore, please consider the centers of gravity: traditional deadlift places the CoG in front of the athlete whereas trap bar deadlift place the CoG in alignment with the legs as does the squat.

It's used by top level runners to increase speed.

Speed is approximately proportional to strength/weight. So to maximize swr they do trapbar deadlifts where you drop the weight at the top.
Trapbar deadlift because it is part deadlift part squat.
Dropping the weight because that promotes CNS gains with minimal muscle gain and hence minimal weight gain.

This. No reason to make it the first lift of a session, but anyone who thinks it shouldn't ever be incorporated later on in a workout is retarded.

good for walking carries but the supplenated grip makes my biceps feel at risk when its deadlifting weight

You should probably put your statement in quotations if you're just going to state the opinions of Joe's guests.

I like to flip it over and use the lower handle for a deficit lift.

Do these or leg or back day?

have you tried closing your hands? its literally the easiest grip

leg

They destroy your upper back if you're using a decent amount of weight (4+ plates).

Are you retarded? Have you ever used a trap bar? "UMMMM BUT I HEARD DAT TRAPBAR DEADLUFTS ARE MORE QUAD DOMINANT..."
Shutup, faggot. If you've ever deadlifted with a trap bar, you'll realise that they aren't an effective leg workout. I've never had leg DOMS from doing them, just lower back and trap doms. And I'm 6'+ for ypur information, so don't try and claim that it's becuase I'm small. Idiot.

does this really train the upper back or did this guy make a typo/is retarded?

ok fatty

You are small idiot

Sorry about that fat, buddy.

ARE YOU RETARDED?!?!?!? OF COURSE THEY TRAIN THE UPPER BACK, THEY'RE LITERALLY CALLED A TRAP BAR.
You utter waste of oxygen...

They're great for everybody from regular fitness joes all the way up to professional team sport athletes, they're even good for powerlifters although they do need to do the competition version with a straight bar regularly.

The only drawback is having to buy another bar if you homegym, which is why I do conventionals only.

Flip OP pic related over to use the low handles, you dumbass manlet.

Wrong.

It's about halfway between lowbar and conventional dead in terms of biomechanics, so it's a perfect replacement for both in the fitness crowd, and the lack of shearing on the lower back makes it a great way to get volume for people who need less of that.

When should I do this? On squat or deadlift days? I assume lower weight and higher volume too. Rep range?