/fast/ - #263 - ooga booga edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of snake juice fasting, dry fasting, OMAD, OMAW, AFD and IF (Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

See your doctor before fasting if you have any sort of chronic illness (type 1 diabetes, malnourished, underweight, pregnant, breastfeeding)

>How do I safely do an extended fast (approx. 4-5+ days)
New snake juice recipe here - youtube.com/watch?v=1onQ0nxgWFM

>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max (NoSalt/LoSalt are high potassium-low sodium salts available in grocery stores or Amazon and the like)
Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day. The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional but recommended for 10+ day fasts.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (4% or less).

>Can I workout?
Yes. But don't overdo it.

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
Black, unsweetened coffee and tea - YES!
Diet drinks and artificial sweeteners are debatable (continuously)

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No. Fat burning provides sufficient vitamins

PREVIOUSLY ON FAST

Other urls found in this thread:

idmprogram.com/fasting-physiology-part-ii/
discord.gg/YT9xJB
youtube.com/watch?v=2PlKbYGGVPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1onQ0nxgWFM
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8
youtube.com/watch?v=0bNdhM4vt4I
youtube.com/watch?v=-ygExIZm7Wo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Will a average nutritionist know that I'm fasting even if I don't tell them?
I find most mainstream nutritionists more or less retards.

FASTINg is stupid I don't know why you guys do this I went 3 days without eating and I felt like shit you're all retarded.

Post an image that will last 1 min, noice

Low quality and ignorant

genuinely can't tell if summerfag or retard

why does fasting feel like I'm coming off of a hard drug?

Attached: KEtMoEpe_400x400.jpg (399x399, 35K)

Both.

Attached: 1533732093135.gif (300x250, 9K)

Because you are.

On day 2 of a 60 hour fast (breaking tomorrow at noon), don't have abs yet, fasting is a meme.

>lose about 18kg
>close to weight goal, but not quite there yet
>face is more defined, clothes fit better, all around more confident in my body
>people start taking notice and comment on how much I've changed
t-thanks /fast/

NEED SECOND OPINIONS:

6'4" 245lbs. Goal: Fat loss while maintaining lean mass. I lift mon/wed/fri

Look at this IF protocol:

Mon
>Eat 12:30pm - 8:30pm
Tues
>FAST
Wed
Thurs
>FAST
Fri
Sat
>cheat day / refeed
Sun
>FAST

That's three 40 hour fast windows and a full 24 hours per week of eating time. Too extreme? I've read most of the real hormetic stress benefits / autophagy / fat oxidation occurs from the 24-48 hour window.

You're welcome pal we're all gonna make it just continue to sip on the salty water.

Attached: 1534807463844.gif (500x281, 537K)

>>cheat day / refeed

Attached: 119.jpg (200x211, 6K)

Lift more but less weight and FAST MORE you dummy. You also don't need the cheat day fatty.

In fact the longer the fast the greater the benefits sir. 72 hours is nearing the point where autophagy / GH really starts to kick in.

you would consider a refeed if attempting to build while fasting yes, but I would recommend a longer fasted period. You will not lose any effective muscle mass even on longer fasts, and it will rebuild quickly afterwards.

Attached: 1534983880154.jpg (661x400, 62K)

>Weekly cheat day

Attached: 1534938078228.png (645x729, 82K)

Doing 20/4 on maintenance now, how am i supposed to get 2.5k kcal down in 4 hours without eating crap and without passing out after it because of the insulin release?

This is informative thank you

you're welcome, the entire 37 post series is excellent. If you have questions feel free to join us on the discord.

discord.gg/YT9xJB

About 48 hours into a fast, complete with cardio and lifting, and my keto strips are coming up negative is this normal?

can take up to 90hrs.

new here, 72 hrs done. dry fasted the first 24hrs, drank snake juice through the next 48 hrs. lost 10lbs, is it alright if i down one of these bad buys? it feels like im going insane without something

Attached: Monster-Energy-Drink-Zero-Ultra.jpg (500x500, 40K)

Why not have some coffee or tea instead?

I mean Im also craving food like a motherfucker. fuck me this is hard. i promised myself id lose 60lbs in a month but i want to break already after 3 days.

Attached: 1535278963152.jpg (1024x768, 309K)

push through it, the hunger reduction can take a few days. you guys are going to make it.

Stay strong bro. Use other activities to keep your mind off food. After the first few days it gets a lot easier.

DON'T EAT

of course its easy if i just stay at home... but i love food. 3 days has been brutal i might cave by tuesday afternoon.

Attached: GC-2016_MenuNutrition_Page_3.11.16_11.jpg (474x847, 142K)

Had a whoosh today of 3kg at 35 hours into an 100hr.

So I saw 67kg on the scale today. Feels good.

That's a shitty state of mind lad
Fasting is 90% mental effort

If you don't eat for a long time wouldn't the body burn the muscles first?

sup bois, bulked a little too hard and then went on vacation and gained 5 lbs so I'm back on the fast game for a week or two.

Even though I feel like a fatass right now I still weigh a lot less than I did when I was a fatass last year. It's remarkable how much your frame of reference shifts. I'm the highest weight I've been all year (190 @ 6') and feel like a fat piece of shit, but a couple years ago this would have been a weight loss goal.

If you are going to break it, make it a keto meal, and then start again.

Caveman has no food for a week. Body digests muscles instead of fat. Now caveman can't hunt and get more food as effectively and has non utilised fat stores.

Does your suggestion make much sense?

not until about 4% BF, if you get to that point while fasting, you've gone too far.

Attached: 1535263945641.jpg (569x393, 17K)

nigga step your bait game up

Keep CICO in mind. If you do cave have a small meal, with little carbs, maybe do IF for a few days before going back into a long fast. Don't binge on shit food and undo all your hard work.

>tfw when 4th day of fasting

Feeling euphoric. Anyone else?

Attached: 1498485666614.jpg (736x1040, 178K)

i got 4 days off work so im just gonna give my car keys to my mom and last for the full week milestone then ill come back to the topic of having a sip. fuuuck

Attached: zero-ultra-24oz.jpg (700x700, 29K)

Day 3 here but still feeling pretty confident and optimistic, no reason to not keep going.

only i get to sips!

MFW 37 :(

Attached: 1535296951418.gif (480x270, 2.48M)

im a 23 yr old boomer

>file deleted edition

Attached: 1533136871516.png (672x787, 979K)

youtube.com/watch?v=2PlKbYGGVPQ

Day three clan here too - stay strong

Have a social event on sunday so I'm fasting until saturday - hoping to get the last kg until my gw off

IF is a meme, especially with a FUCKING9 HOUR EATING WINDOW. You might as well be bulking

blue and cringepilled

red and basedpilled

Attached: 1512330091179.png (500x375, 341K)

>.

Attached: unnamed.png (500x824, 654K)

I just ate a few hours ago and now I feel fucking lethargic and shitty. Stay in the /fast/ lane

Attached: 1533308202495.jpg (589x570, 66K)

how long did you last?

On day 3 of nofap and fast. I've done 11 days of fasting before. This time is ez. Going for 35 days. Don't worry I've got pink salt and multivitamins. Also green tea.

Attached: 1533503368171.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

be comfy, good luck.

>multivitamins

what purpose for?

I was only going for a 2 day fast, but I've done a 7 day before and a 3 day dry fast so I'm not a /fast/let. Right now I'm going for something similar to this user except not doing the retarded 9 hour IF scheme or the cheat day. Basically I'll eat right after I workout and then don't eat until I work out again, and fast on the weekends.

I've been taking them since I was a kid. It's just habit. I know I'm just pissing them out.

i hope its not the sugar coated flintsones ones cuz then youd be a faggot along with being an autist

Lol, I remember those. They're big boy vitamins.

Attached: 1533735495805.jpg (600x580, 33K)

I can't find any kind of salts that are pure potassium here, the best I could find says it has 33% sodium chloride, rest is potassium. Is it okay to use this? Also, is table salt not recommended for making snake juice? I can get some Himalayan Pink Salt no problem but just wondering.

Why is 16:8 not fasting? What about 18:6 or 20:4?

If its 33% NaCl and 77% KCl its probably OK to use, just add some plain salt to adjust the ratio.
20:4 is the earliest point where you may start to see benefits. OMAD (22:2) is close enough but good for maintenance. You may still lose fat on 16:8 but not optimally. For losing fat, long fasts are best.

Ignore my ratio typo ;)

So around what day do I still feeling like ass

don't you want some delicious curry? just break your fast

Attached: curry.jpg (768x1024, 63K)

*stop

Does levothyroxine break the fast?

take your thyroid meds and fast. Pills are negligible.

Good to know, thanks.

New Snake Juice Recipe:

tsp = teaspoon

youtube.com/watch?v=1onQ0nxgWFM
-Water = 2L (not limited to 2)
-Potassium Chloride Powder = 1tsp (2560mg) [Spa = Cloruro de Potasio]
-Sodium Chloride (Himalayan Pink Salt) = 1/2 tsp (840mg sodium)
-Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (1080mg sodium)
-Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (200mg magnesium)
You can cut out magnesium and it won't kill you. We didn't use it before.
-Drink as much snake juice as you want!
You can make another batch after you are done with the 2l. You can have 4l a day and it won't be a problem.
-Don't drink fresh water, only snake juice.
-Cayenne pepper optional. (watch old recipe)

Isn't this too much sodium? It is 4480mg of sodium, DOUBLE the ammount recommended by the Amurigan Hear Association

Wait, I made a mistake. I was also counting the potassium as sodium, sorry

Monster has less caffefine and zero calories it's also larger than a standard cup of coffee by 1/3rd.

Low sodium is much worse for you than high sodium. Your kidneys are excellent at filtering it out.

Is the high blood pressure due to excess sodium a meme? Is it a conspiracy of some sort?

Low sodium causes high blood pressure too, lemme get some links for you.
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8
youtube.com/watch?v=0bNdhM4vt4I
youtube.com/watch?v=-ygExIZm7Wo

Pretty much, you have been lied to about salt intake.

I just got back from vacation and start back at the gym today. I'm doing 5 day fast, 1 day eat, repeat. Whats the best lifting routine to speed up fat loss? I was doing 5/3/1 but cant there be something better?

Thanks bro, will check out your vids later

>let family know im gonna start fasting from 280 to 180
>get down to 230 in a month
>they think im starving myself to death, so they bought me a large meat lovers pizza and half liter bottle of coke just now

i mean, fuck. im doing so well but they see it as me being anorexic and they want to "help" me.

they're all obese pigs btw, my family

eat it bitch holy fuck that sounds good

it looks fucking good homie i wanted to post a pic but i got a pixel 2 that only takes high res af pics and the image limit is 4mb

I wouldn't worry, keep with your routine. Fasting is the most rapid way to cut fat, dont complicate it.

eat the toppings, pour the drink down the drain while staring them in the eye. throw the bread in the trash. easy.

Attached: skeltor.gif (500x374, 938K)

and then educate them.

Start them with:

Is snake man going to still upload his streams? I don't have a facehook so youtube was the only way I was accessing the content.

>when the ketosis hits

Attached: 1522380748002.jpg (749x748, 90K)

pls respond

Why would you even speak to a nutritionist? they are as useful as homeopaths.

The thing about unsweetened coffee and tea being okay is wrong.

Why?

citation needed

They look like Pajeet depositions.

Reasons outside of my power.

Don't speak about fasting then. Most nutritionists are retarded, uneducated and absolutely paranoid about malnutrition. They will preach the standard low calorie low fat bullshit that will make you worse in the end. 80% of what comes out of their mouths is psuedoscience.

I can't sleep.

damn my farts sweet af

Attached: 1527623880343.png (640x1136, 101K)

The fuck? You’re pathetic. Not even a man

dont your farts smell sweet too?
oh you mean my texts? she's just a friend well thats what she keeps me as now

No wonder, if you talk like that. Don't ever even joke about cuck shit.