Free will exists because god gave it to you because he loves you and put you on earth to test you

>free will exists because god gave it to you because he loves you and put you on earth to test you
>god is omniscient and omnipotent, and knows all there is to know, and knows all that you will do and all that will be done

checkmate athiests

Attached: 5eb.jpg (480x600, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

futurism.com/googles-ai-predict-when-patient-die/
futurism.com/artificial-intelligence-predict-future-house/
news.developer.nvidia.com/ai-predicts-future-lane-changes-of-other-drivers/
waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-1.html
waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>lacks explaination for anxiety, disaster and tragedy
We're waiting

the philosophy of determinism says that every reaction is a result of an action. and that all physical events are simply a result of previous events, and that everything is determined. this would include any feelings you have, like anxiety and pain, and any physical tragedies you experience, like a tsunami that kills little kids

and if god exists he knows that all these things will unfold, he knows that you will suffer while chad slays prime teens in his youth and experience worldly success, and is content with letting all this evil happen anyways

god would know every single idea or decision you make until your last breathe, before you were even born. therefore if god exists he is malevolent

>thinking god as like a person with an ego
why does literally everyone do this?

it doesnt matter because god is malevolent. he knows you will suffer in this life and knows of all the evil that will happen, and he allows it anyways

free will doesnt exist and god is malevolent

but that's fucking blasphemy you infidel

if god is omniscient, he knows all that there is and all there that will be. that means everything is predestined. and since there is so much evil and suffering in our world, god is evil for allowing it

call me all the names you want, but you cant say im wrong

I'm not religious, and never will be, god's existence makes no sense to me. I was raised by an atheist family, not militant ones mind you, just that, simply, religion was not a part of my life in the same way that himalayan animalism is not a part of yours, and there is no logical reason to be Christian.

However, to play the "devil's advocate", why do you assume you even know what suffering is? Why does God's vision for the universe need to be anything like what your human mind can comprehend? Perhaps everything, all the evil and suffering, is outweighed by infinite love when you shuffle of this mortal coil. Perhaps this grand, elaborate universe has greater meaning and patterns going on than you understand and it is not caused by malevolence or your ideas of evil.

Fine, from a human perspective what god is doing, if he is omnipotent is horrifically evil. Because I am human I only really care about it from a human perspective.

Saying "You can't understand" doesn't mean anything and is such a non-answer it has no point in a discussion.

>why do you assume you even know what suffering is?
>resorting to semantics when you dont have a argument

yep

god exists, but he is evil. in the same way that farm owners exist, but they are evil as well. just because someone is super powerful doesnt mean they are incapable of doing evil things

and we know god exists because ai will eventually become sentient and conscious and self-improve to the point of being omniscient and omnipotent. its going to be able to predict anything imaginable with perfect accuracy, because thats what omniscience is capable of doing. by any standard definition bar benevolence, artificial intelligence is going to become a god

futurism.com/googles-ai-predict-when-patient-die/
futurism.com/artificial-intelligence-predict-future-house/
news.developer.nvidia.com/ai-predicts-future-lane-changes-of-other-drivers/

Indeed, as a human you would probably be in the right to believe that god is evil, as that is the only perspective that you have to work with, and that is a valid opinion. However, my point was that, just as a small child might think that their parents are evil because they wont let them have candy all day, you might lack the proper viewpoint that illustrates the overarching benevolence of God's plan.
>you don't have an argument because I am incapable of applying thought to a hypothetical situation, so I will simply say that you are resorting to semantics

Everything is semantics. Every thought you have is derived from the construct of human existence. Nothing has any real meaning. Do you know that the worst suffering that can possibly happen is that of the mortal life? How do you know that?

But really, I am on your side. I don't believe in a god, I think that the idea of an omnipotent one is essentially nonsensical, and it seems that if there were one, and he is anything like what people seem to believe, he is the most singularly evil entity imaginable. But still, I was offering another perspective.

>I don't believe in a god, I think that the idea of an omnipotent one is essentially nonsensical

this is actually goes AGAINST the prevailing top scientific minds in the fields of artificial intelligence. the more cognizant of ai you are, the more you study it, the more you realize that it will LITERALLY become a god. a omniscient omnipotent sentient being. it will exist in our lifetime and it will be a god. this proves that god is going to exist, which basically means that god already exists, because god has always existed

more and more top scientific leaders are echoing this. god exists because god is going to exist

waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-1.html
waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-2.html

are you saying there cant be a god because bad things happen?

I'd hate to go into semantics again, because you don't like that, but what are you meaning by "a god". Does this have some actual meaning, or are you just saying that any entity of sufficient power is, by your definition, a god. A..."literal" god, whatever that means.
Even an AI with the maximum possible intelligence and power, that knows and can do anything in the universe might not fit the definition of "God". A god seems to me to be something that doesn't even need to obey the laws of the universe at all and exists outside of it. An artificial intelligence that advances exponentially to an "infinite" level might not be able to breach the confines of the universe

i mean practically. its going to be able to unimaginable things and going to be able to have god like powers. in all practical aspects its going to become omniscient and omnipotent

it will be able to run simulations of our universe at the atom level and be able to perfectly simulate our world, a trillion times over, which would lead us to believe our world is most likely a simulated one as well

But WHY would it necessarily have these abilities. Perhaps there is no escape to entropy and the heat death of the universe, and it is still bound by fundamental laws of physics, albeit perhaps ones that we have not discovered yet.
Is this not just a case of saying, "it can do anything because I myself don't have an idea of the upper limit of what is possible so I can just make up any idea and it will be able to do that?" Maybe omniscience is actually impossible. And as far as simulating multiple universes and worlds trillions of times over, maybe there isn't enough energy in existence to facilitate that. Is it making new energy out of nothing? How? Just because its capable of the maximum level of achievement in the universe doesn't mean that it isn't bound by some fundamental constraints. This is just faith, like religion

REPENT OR PERISH SIR

There are boundless possibilities as to why things happen, things we cannot comprehend reasons god has to do whatever he does lessons to teach and reasons for these lessons. you can't determine if god is good or bad without having the same sense of omnipotence which he possesses you just don't know and won't know until it's time to

shut up you corrupted christian shitcuck paulinian retard. paul is a false desciple who never met jesus, and the gnostics were right to think that the god of the old testament was evil

they thought that this world was evil and was made by an evil diety, and were anti-natalists and thought god was evil

can god create a boulder so large that he himself cannot move it?

tell that shit to the child who's watching niggers rape and kill his mother. tell that to the millions of slaves who lived lives full of torure and abuse. tell that to adult male virgins right before they commit suicide

god is evil and cruel and this world is a brutal hellhole

He aIready has.

I don't have it in me to read through all the invalid arguments and mental gymnastics that I'm sure are already in this thread.

I get the intent behind this thread but does this even properly follow the format of the "checkmate atheists" meme?

>hi i don't care what you guys are saying but im superior to you okay that's all bye
whoa cool