Discord

Why does Jow Forums in general hate Discord? aside from the unfunny memes that they shove to your face

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dn8gealMDsg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because I talked to one girl on there and she cucked me right good. So now I hate it.

Robots don't use social media or interact with others outside of imageboards/anonymous chats at most.

because the servers posted here are absolute cancer, you'll see people posting nonsense that nobody other than 2-3 people on a server will understand and it stays on the front page until it hits the bump limit or else you get shitposts like the kathy poster and other nonsense

Jow Forums in general doesn't hate discord. Have you seen how fucking popular it is. No one shuts up about adding and using discord. The users massively outweigh the vocal minority of haters. Idk what you're in about

who cares someone post an anime server i can join

Attached: 8854f1d1aa998e31094a0fb7ea8ff2a5.jpg (590x674, 100K)

It's for gaymers, specifically the Steam community, and the Steam community is cancer.

this its what these kinds of people moved on to

Attached: steam.png (1236x722, 114K)

can any girls please give me a server I can talk to them in. I am a 27 year old virgin, please let me just talk to you.

why server are you too pussy for 1v1
i'll be your gf if you answer this post well

The fact that you're willing to be my gf makes you very attractive. I'm going to kiss your face.

BOTNET
O
T
N

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
E
T

Attached: Discord.png (969x966, 390K)

Does it actually count as social media? I see it more as a message service

>spyware
>cringe forced memes
>performs like shit, it literally uses Chrome for the UI, a full web browser just for a chat program
And that's without mentioning that this is Jow Forums, not /soc/

Attached: 1524601347705.png (2054x653, 247K)

And what are some good non-botnet places where I can chat?

I'd say it is since people seem to use it for everything video game wise and communication wise now.

find open source alternatives to discord. after that study the source code for backdoors.

also here is a blessing from stallman and may he guide you.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dn8gealMDsg

It feels like a rehash of high school where all the girls and attractive/influential men are fucking around in front of me abusing my weeaboo culture to do it, it's like ontop of being pushed out of real life they're now coming online to socialize and rape internet culture.
you can find thousands of retarded normalfag girls saying "uwu send me lewds daddy xDDDD" to some other normalfag chad and it honestly makes me sick.

Because it isn't anonymous. If you don't understand why Discord is a problem from that alone, then you should leave and join the other normies of the world.

Attached: 1533606257586.jpg (636x651, 39K)

I really really really want to see how the autisitic femanons behave in a conversation.

>go to online community
>proceed to make community-within-community offsite
>make it as cliquey as their highschool cafeteria they supposedly hate

Zoomers.

Attached: 1533044758604.jpg (953x451, 35K)

Its because a majority of people who use discord are underage. I'm 24 years old and the amount of whiny teenagers talking about suicide I've met on discord is baffling.

How are they in your experience? I feel they're disappointingly normal and most often less autistic than they make out on the board.

I never talked to any. Just found out about r9k discord yesterday. Dont even know how to add any.

Because it's literally a circle-jerk app of mentally ill people. It's pathetic and there are far better alternatives for making friends.

Attached: 1533649056737.png (201x320, 100K)

you're going to get catfished pretty much

Dont know how that is possible since Im in for the autism not to get any pussy, but thx for looking out for me user

>friends
Robots have no friends nor are capable of making them you norm

>alternatives
like what?

Because Jow Forums is anonymous and discord is not anonymous. It's simple.

i got on discord last night and it was just 2 teenage boys talking to each other. people who try to join in, but the butt-buddies were being hogs and only wanted to engage each other. pretty annoying unless you're the 2 teenage boys jerking each other off.

I don't disagree with you. The thing is, most people here seeking and keeping friends are failed normies anyway.

Steam for some nice one-on-one chatting
Teamspeak for a more civil, stable group chat since everyone actually has to speak.

Attached: 1512418361770.png (536x600, 125K)

well good luck anyway. i want to find genuinely autistic fembots, not failed normies, to talk to but its all teen trannies larping at least the ones who talk to me

how do you find people to talk to on steam though?

>teamspeak
ts is blocked in my shithole country unfortunately.

but what kind of phone do you have user

I wouldn't mind the occassional discord advert thread here and there but these fucks bring their drama to this board of all places. You can't go a day without some fags calling for their dumb friends from their shitty circle jerk servers attention whoring 24/7 and taking up space in the catalog.

Attached: 1511721447126.gif (300x168, 791K)

I too hate teen drama spilling onto the board. But it's no wonder.

Attached: 1525550402133.jpg (702x447, 116K)

You ever realize how community is literally a circlejerk? No matter where you go, you're going to be surrounded by echo chambers, your entire life will be an echo chamber on earth. If you're not comfortable with being human then maybe you should kill yourself.

>t. part of the problem

zoomer please go.

Matrix Chat is just better. If anything its kind of pointless and just used for social status. Why use VC when most games have built in VC why send random people messages when you already do that here. It's because you want to be in your little server where "wooo i talked a lot owner gave me a quirky title to my name" its for newfags of the internet its a pointless program because other programs just do what it does better without selling your information to gooks.

Attached: 1512645611451.jpg (600x533, 94K)

It's a bunch of literal underage kids from r*ddit being snarky while posting Jow Forums memes on a platform that mines bitcoin and keeps all your so-called private data forever and sells it. Not even Telegram is this bad.

Does there exist a completely anonymous chatroom in the same vein as Jow Forums where no one has usernames?

What is that reply

Sorry I'm lonely and semi-desperate but anyone can add me -- bunny ^^#6479

>semi-desperate
>anyone
that's full on desperation, user.

Shitty non-anonymous circlejerk full of attention whoring teenagers.

discord or Jow Forums
oh, wait

Desperation isn't always bad :( Some people like clingy girls.

clingy is good
discerning is better

I don't believe the two are incompatible.

i guess we'll find out user.

Group chats are the death of social sites like Jow Forums, facebook, twitter, etc. and the people here know it instinctively. The initial problem of social networking was that you needed to find people to talk to, so sites like this sprung up. Now the problem is that there's too many people. You don't want to talk to your granny on facebook and most people don't want to talk to randos on twitter or Jow Forums anymore either, so they move to invite-only group chats that are based around excluding others, and that leads to those sites dying off. Even Jow Forums boards are becoming reduced to links to group chats now.

it's going to be real fun when the pendulum swings back again next year

I went to pee and make some noodles : (

Because discord servers have 300 people with 20 or so posters who orbit traps and women. I keep fooling myself I'm going to get gf if I joined.

>thread where someone is shilling a server
>"why arent you joining our server, friends are just waiting to be made!"
>make a post saying im shy
>op continues to try and convince me to join server
>say ill consider it
>op tells me they hope they meet me again one day
>few days pass, i bite the bullet, join the server
>its incredibly inactive
>regardless, i still try to find the person that wanted to be my friend
>cant find them

its incredibly disheartening

>cant find them
it's for the best user.
the shill didn't want you in there, they wanted a +1 on the member count.

yeah youre probably right
it still hurts though, felt like someone wanted to get to know me

Did you ask who was the person who made the thread?

yeah but it was someone else that tried to convince me, or something. they didnt respond when i asked if they told me to join

>felt like someone wanted to get to know me
that's how they get you user, they prey on anons that are desperate for acceptance or contact or etc

Discord is an even more normiefied version of teamspeak. Basically if you ever try to join a server thats been active for more than a few days you're going to have to somehow join a group of friends that have known eachother way longer than you'll be able to get to know them. Usually they're hostile to newer people so actually joining and talking to them on a consistent basis is hard.

Basically all of discord is just a highschool lunch room with a bunch of different tables where all the kids make the same shitty jokes and think they're funny and different from everyone else despite all their friend groups functioning the same exact way; 2 really good friends that have known eachother for a long time and are usually the reason everyone else hangs out, with another 2 or 3 people who are always there just because they don't really have anyone else to hang out with and would rather be there than sit alone. Sometimes a random kid will try to hang out with them but they'll realize they're assholes or incompatible, and the main group of 4-5 people want new people to join while hating anybody new that joins at the same time.

Also the second a girl joins the server its basically over. All the guys will start orbiting her until she dates the coolest or "most interesting"(usually the highest rank in whatever game she enjoys playing) person. At that point half her orbiters leave while the other half wait for her relationship to fail so they can console her.

I'm sorry user, hope you can find someone to talk to. There's a lot of decent people out there still.

I fear you may be right. Who'd have thought we'd be the only ones left who actually like posting our shit where the entire fucking Internet can see?

Lack of privacy generally.
There is no reason as to why we aren't allowed to host our own servers or compile our own clients like in Mumble.
Furthermore, that due to the simplicity it's common that discord attracts less tech-savy. Combine that with it being "free", and you've just got a user base consisting of young kids and generally normies.

Attached: 1533652208583.png (800x973, 963K)

>Basically all of discord is just a highschool lunch room with a bunch of different tables
You're right, but only in that discord forces you to talk and interact with others on a personal basis instead of the disconnected way you can shitpost on Jow Forums and other sites. I guess that's why it's so uncomfortable for so many people here.

>pic unrelated

The absolute state of normies. A man who dedicated his life to consumer products dies and people act like they lost Gandi.

It was dumblr, then plebbit, now discord.
Newest spammed garbage site. They all deserve the hate because, even with the sheer amount of normalfags here you dont see them inviting you to join a facebook group or crosslinking to faggyjunk like the users of those faggy sites.

Rn7YR7
we have an anime channel

how do i get into the sleepy server pls help

Too many riots without needing a riot
Jow Forums civil war didn't need any discord
We used autism and made threads

everyone on discord is just a failed normie.
All the men are cucks or thirsty and all the women are looking for attention. And they all are druggies.

Because it's for GAIN-MERS ie the biggest normies on the planet.

I don't need a quality response when I've got doubles