So, Champ

>so, Champ...
>do you have a grower mindset or a fixed mindset?
>are you willing to do what it takes, or you give up at every slight difficulty you face?

Attached: 1533992359946.png (865x623, 180K)

Love how this pic implies you can only be one of the two. I know I can't be a top level athlete but I also know I can learn and get good at other things.

>Hey kid, do you have bad mindset for horrible, stupid, bitter assholes or do you have the good mindset for perfect, amazing, completely flawless human beings?
This shit is stupid

Attached: 1515006378383.jpg (800x750, 118K)

>>Hey kid, do you have bad mindset for horrible, stupid, bitter assholes
>implying its not true
>perfect, amazing, completely flawless human beings?
Strawman, the description by definition does not describe a perfect human being

A bit ironic it describes the fixed mindset as being negative and seeing things in black and white when this pic creates a false dichotomy of only these two mindsets.

No, it's saying you can be both but some choose to be the right and others choose to be the left. It's ironic that you're criticizing it for subscribing to the fixed mentality because that is literally just a projection.

>it's saying you can be both
Now that's just semantics, nowhere in that pic did it imply you can be both when it starts off with a leading question of which kind of mindset do you have. And it's not a projection because it does create a false dichotomy between the two by creating an either/or scenario.

Looks more like Arrogant Cunt vs Realist mindsets
>I can learn anything I want to
No you can't
>My effort and attitude determine everything
No they don't

You can always change your mindset, thats the entire point of the image. Youre literally projecting your own mindset on it and then criticizing that which you projected.

>Looks more like Arrogant Cunt vs Realist mindsets
True but its the right which is the arrogant cunt. Notice how humble people always are like the left and arrogant fags are like the right.

This.

I suffer from a neurological disorder which means I'll never be good at certain things no matter how hard I try. That doesn't mean I give up when it comes to other challenges.

>No you can't
>No they don't
You're wrong.
You sound extremely bitter.

>"You can do and achieve anything you want in life!"
>"No I can't, I'm in a wheelchair."
>"Wow, you're so bitter."

Wow great strawman buddy here is a participation price for you faggot

>this fucking meme again
Holy shit psychologists need to be gassed

Attached: 1479018293393.jpg (239x411, 74K)

aw, someone's mad their shitty little pseudo-philosophy got shut down by logic.

Don't worry, buddy, you can do anything you set your mind to except winning this argument! Climb Mt. Everest tomorrow! Fuck 100 supermodels by Sunday! Become a billionaire! Invent the Iron Man armour! The sky's the limit (except that it isn't because limitations literally do not exist)

fixed mindset except i hate being told i'm smart and when i fail i do learn. the rest of growth mindset is just optimistic crap.

optimism =/= realism

The fixed mindset is the objectively correct view of the world. The problem is we don't know the exact extent of our abilities and we know even less of the abilities of the people that surround us. That's why the growth mindset wins in the end. It's the right amount of retarded.

I never said that *everybody* can achieve what the want, i only pointed that that you're wrong.

Obviously, if you have some sort of mental or physical disability, you'll never get anywhere
But if you are a healthy human (WHICH IS 90% OF ANONS OR MORE IN THIS BOARD, stop kidding yourselves faggots), both mentally and physically, you can do what you want if you have the time to develop your abilities

the losers ITT are COMFORTING themselves by basically saying "hey, i never had much of a chance anyway", after all, this thought removes the GUILT, the guilt of never doing more effort, by saying "nothing can really improve me i'm born this way" they dropped the mental guilt weight of "what i could've been, i wish i dedicated more time" and they pat themselves even more in the back by saying "look my defeatist ideology is da trooth"

here's more
I mean here's me for example, i was a grade A subhuman, i used to have the attention span of a goldfish, memory issues, anger management issues and chronic procrastination and an average IQ

/sci/ niggers tried to convince me to put a bullet in my own head because "born that way, die that way no matter how hard you try", i proved them wrong -- every single issue i listed? i fully got over it.

It's come time to realize that most people on Jow Forums have copious amounts of inferiority complex and crabinnabucket mentality so they try to tear down other anons' morale so they don't feel threatened by "competition", I mean look at /sci/, they foam in the mouth when they see a fucker's degree.

But how did i get over all of this? pure concentrated jealousy and Jow Forums's advice

Attached: 1532300036338.png (670x770, 182K)

I'm literally the fixed mindset. It fits so good it really hurts. I was always treated as the special smart kid growing up and can't deal with failure now.

I can learn anything but the more i learn of something the less I care for it so instead I just lurk this site in hope of some short lasting entertainment

>WHICH IS 90% OF ANONS OR MORE IN THIS BOARD
so to be clear, you're coming to the reject board and shitting it up for the rejects based on the idea there are non-rejects here you can save?

and you wonder why we hate you?

If that qualifies as grade "A" subhuman, what the fuck am I?

Attached: index.jpg (194x259, 6K)

Read what i fucking said, you doublenigger, i said MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY HEALTHY, aka no mental or physical diseases

not having friends and not being wanted by girls is not a fucking mental fucking issue.

Start listing your issues, do it objectively.
go.

Maybe the picture I posted didn't load for you. Okay, I'll give you a list:

7 vertebrae in the cervical region
12 in the thoracic region
5 in the lumbar region
5 in the sacral region
4 in the coccygeal region

Then as i said you're just physically unhealthy.

>start listing your issues
i'm of low social status

"low social status" is not a mental illness or physical handicap, read what i wrote you nigger.

Fixed mindset here. Growth mindset is just boomer nonsense. I don't give a fuck about growing, I just want to be comfy and live an easy life.

it's a problem all the same, what do i do about it asshole.

>strawman is logic

Attached: 5bf169b66b9b9690b9ec907401c1eed3.jpg (183x275, 7K)

>like to be challenged by stuff
>also get frustrated and give up a lot
fuck

Absolutely fucking based and redpilled
not original lol

the original picture itself is a strawman.

The image contains two options. It proposes a dichotomous model. That model is wrong. This isn't rocket science.

agree with everything except IQ. you are born with a certain IQ and cannot change that through perseverance or training

Not having friends, or being around people who see you inferior to them bothers you.

Read through the whole thing, it will be worth your time

The first thing you do is be objectively be better than them

Mindset: normalfags have the biggest hivemind, attitude, outcaster, passive aggressiveness and crab in a bucket complex i've ever seen, but they hide it well.
you gotta be a step above that, you gotta stop being bothered by what those faggots think, let them think what they think, focus on yourself, by understanding this your mentality is a step above your average normalworm.

Physically: Begin small,identify problems in yourself and fix them, start with improving your attitude, then your then your property, be very self conscious about your demeanor and looks, then move on bigger, what chances have you let gone in life? can you catch them now? for example -- can you get a better job? are you slacking in your education right now? is there something you can do that will tremendously increase your quality of life?

the physical advice i gave takes a long time to do it's effect, but it does, and when the effects hit you, they hit harder than cocaine, your quality of life will change for the better, you just gotta keep the mindset

Now this is the crossroads
You see i've given this advice to multiple people and it worked for them -- one of them is in fact me
as i said, crossroads, when the effect hits you, you either

A: become attractive to normalfags, you've got a job you hang out with a couple of friends you might get a gf everything is fine (most people i've talked to are here now)

B: realize that you don't really need normalfaggots in your life at all after a long time of self improvement, you have become INDEPENDENT, (this is where i am right now, probably along with some robots and Jow Forumsfags ) and this in my opinion, is the superior road, because i learned to not get emotionally invested in anyone at all.

Now go, start with the small things

Its not a fixed dichotomy. You can change, thats the entire point its making. By assuming its fixed youre projecting your own mindset onto it, ironically proving the point its trying to make

>willing to give up at every slight difficulty you face?

Yes, yes. Count me in.

Attached: E3D91A89-3B17-42B4-BBB8-14C1A4DB2E09.png (112x112, 18K)

Bull fucking shit, 18 years old took high school IQ test around 102
20 years old university IQ test 128

how did i get an extra 28 in two years?

it might have something to do with that i learned to program, became heavy into chess, math and puzzles.

Attached: 15427896302547.jpg (628x335, 77K)

You can with stem cells and off label medical treatments.

The brain is extremely plastic and adaptive. Its probably the most "trainable" organ in the body

>the original picture itself is a strawman.
>shifting the goalposts

Attached: pp_550x550.u7.jpg (403x550, 21K)

Left is unironically good but getting into that state of mind for a robot is not an easy task
I did it partially but it took a long time

>bull fucking shit
Believe what you will, but I'm the one studying psychology. There are multiple possible reasons why you could've gotten different results. There are different IQ tests, that measure different types of IQ. There isn't just one type. This is possible because IQ is a construct, something that we humans have invented, which is not physically measureable. By choosing different criteria by which IQ is measured, IQ values might be completely different. Also might've been in a better mental state/less tired/more confident while taking the test the second time around. Even the placebo of thinking you got more intelligent might've helped.

My mindset is don't try at life until you break yourself trying to fix your abilities. Keep working on your abilities to get them up to par before you try.

Spend lots of time and money trying to fix yourself and don't try for success until you've been fixed. You can't succeed until you get your base abilities up. Take risks to self improve.

What mindset is this? I see life like a marathon. Don't try for it until you're sufficiently trained then go be competitive. What kind of life experiences lead to this mindset?

Have not looked looked into this admittedly.
see

People have changed their IQ witg vision therapy. If someone has multiple vision problems their nonverbal IQ becomes lower. Once the vision issues are fixed the nonverbal IQ goes up.

No, it has been proven that the brain is physically plastic. The actual physical structure of the brain is very plastic and adaptable

>Mindset: normalfags have the biggest hivemind, attitude, outcaster, passive aggressiveness and crab in a bucket complex i've ever seen, but they hide it well.
>you gotta be a step above that, you gotta stop being bothered by what those faggots think, let them think what they think, focus on yourself, by understanding this your mentality is a step above your average normalworm.
Thank you, user. That's a great way to look at it. I have a growth mindset, other than that I'm always so worried what people will say about me, my work, and any possible accomplishments. I purposefully never finish anything due to that. I'll start, but then abandon in the last 20% stretch. Particularly in gaming subcultures and on Jow Forums, people shit on everything. Sonic has different shoes and arms? People will dissect it, get angry, say how a redesign is terrible, how the artist is a complete hack, etc. On Facebook normies will shit on everything as well, will take whatever narrative is presented to them. I live in constant fear that I'll be rejected and outcast (even though I'm a NEET who has been a hermit for over a decade and couldn't get any worse than that) because of my work output not being up to the level of the judgement of normalfags. But if I look at them as crab in the bucket "normalworms" who are threatened by anyone who is trying their best, maybe their opinion doesn't matter much after all.

>B: realize that you don't really need normalfaggots in your life at all after a long time of self improvement, you have become INDEPENDENT, (this is where i am right now, probably along with some robots and Jow Forumsfags ) and this in my opinion, is the superior road, because i learned to not get emotionally invested in anyone at all.
And this. I don't even like normalfags nor have any interest in being in communication with normalfags. Yet, still, I need their approval. Have any advice on that user?

Fair enough, but that's not increasing your IQ, it's removing an inhibitor.

i was mentally neutral on both IQ tests, you cannot convince me that i scored two more deviations in the second test because i came in "pumped and confident"?

YES, something i forgot to say, normalfags usually have those complexes and shit on everything that moves TO BURY THEIR OWN INSECURITIES, they purposely shit on you for being fat in order to feel good about themselves for being fat and ugly.

You shouldn't bury your insecurities, dig them up and fucking deal with them, are you ugly? looxmaxx, are you a skinnyfat faggot? get fit, are you an extremely daft superficial worm? get some hobbies and personality, AND ET CETERA, make it a CHECKBOX, deal with every single bad thing about yourself and you'll see how good you are compared to the average normalfag.

What's the difference? Low IQ is also an inhibitor.

Sure you can take different IQ tests again and again and practice them I guess. But that's really just cheating the test. You're supposed to take the score that was achieved the first time you took it. Otherwise it just proves you're able to learn, not your IQ. Trust me I know the brain is plastic, and I'm not saying that the brain doesn't physically change when learning or that it's not adaptable.

i was just pointing it out not that other user.

I don't care if I fail according to society, only if I fail according to my internalized standards. When I failed to society only just didn't care and it didn't crush me.

My motivation for success is purely internal. So I'm driven by my own internal standards. If my inner standards aren't there I see no need to succeed at something. If they are there I want to succeed at that thing at any cost.

What kind of life experiences cause where your own internal desires and standards are everything and divorced from the outside world?

The difference is that you were born with a certain potential for IQ. Let's say 100, since that's the average. Vision problems distort the quality of your perception and thus inhibit your IQ to let's say 90. Visual problems removed and you go to your full potential (100). You did not gain any IQ.
Did you even read everything? You seem to have only read and thus responded to my last 2 sentences.
>I was mentally netral
That's your subjective feeling about it possibly months/years after you took the tests. It's likely to be a bit/somewhat/very distorted from reality.

You're still wrong, as the other guy said, the brain is extremely adaptable, your brain power CAN be increased with enough exercise.

>your brain power CAN be increased with enough exercise.
What kind of exercises?

It doesn't have to be "fixed" to be a dichotomy you stupid fuck. You are now playing dumb semantic games to avoid admitting you were too contrary to comprehend the simple two-item chart being presented to you.

Yes, I understand the image is telling me I should pick the one on the right. This shit about "projecting" is gibberish. Seriously, just go.

Virtually any exercise that pushes your problem solving and critical thinking skills to the limit

Can anyone give me insight on this? What kind of experiences cause you to be this way?

Your abilities influence things most so why not work on your abilities? Fix your abilities then compete after that.

I don't think you know what psychological projection is, it's supposed to be a defense mechanism that distances a person from perceived threats or anything that perturbs them. You are just using circular reasoning by trying to assert that my "projection" is the reason that the model is valid while completely ignoring my other points initially of it being false dichotomy. And the dichotomy doesn't even lie in the individual, we're critiquing the model. You're red herring to make it seem that way.

Congratulations, you just described learning.
IQ is determined by tests taken without practice.

Growthchad here

>FOUR year ago
>dropped out at 15
>no savings
>shit diet, got up late went to bed late
>no hobbies, no social skills, cried daily
>abusive parents

>NOW
>finished sixth form with A*A*A*/valedictorian
>200k in savings
>applying to cambridge part 3 next year
>vegan, get up 5:30 sleep 20:30 no excuses
>enjoy cycling and walking, know a few important people, beginning to feel genuine happiness

>FUTURE
>hopefully get into cambridge and get a 1st (4.0ish gpa)
>phd
>millionaire by 25, 10 mil by 30 (if btc doesn't work out, I'll just get a house/mortgage and live upper middle)
>marry into an elite family

I'm taking it fucking all. If I fail I'll just ignore it and work harder.

Attached: 027.png (1000x1000, 137K)

Sleep at 22:30.

Also if it wasn't obvious I work insanely hard. I only have 200k worth of btc by saving tonnes of money to buy it with. I also should have put 5 years ago, don't know why I'm such a brainlet

How the hell do you people maintain a regular sleep schedule? My life never works that way.

>user! Stay up till 3 am drinking with us!
>user, take me to the hospital!
>user, I need this report done / you to stay late / go early and open tomorrow!
>We're changing you to night shift two days a week.

I'm the walking dead, and just learned to never sleep now.

>>user! Stay up till 3 am drinking with us!
stop hanging around with these faggots, you're hurting both your sleep and your liver, for what?

At least both of the faggots in the picture will die someday. All that effort for nothing.

confirmed retarded boomer

Me in the middle
Origi

Both?
I've felt like both at times.
Depends on my mood.

hi dad its me mario

Attached: Electrolysis.svg.png (2000x1920, 147K)

I'm Millennial and think the same. We have the internet so we can look up any ideology. We choose our ideals after thinking about them. I've read history so I'm not only bound by the lessons of this timeline.