Time under tension

>time under tension

Attached: 1531949547512.jpg (638x558, 64K)

God I hate /fit9k/

kys

>risking joint injury with heavy weights than just making lighter weights harder

this, time under tension is a fucking meme. just go for the pump

Nice selfie, tard

>Nice selfie, tard

Attached: 1533141591310.jpg (613x387, 20K)

Tf does this mean? Do you just do half a second sets? Time under tension doesn't exist? You really gotta elaborate when you say dumb shit like this

When you lift heavy, you can't regulate your time under tension.

no, it means don't use pussyweight with 10 seconds per rep. you won't make ANY gains. if you're actually lifting heavy you won't be ABLE to do it in half a second, retard. I hope your IQ is higher than your 1 rep max for your sake.

Yes you can? What does this even mean?

>lifting weights

>he's too weak to perform controlled lifts

Broscientists think the most important part of lifting is TUT, so theyll go incredibly slowly on all sets because if the set isnt 45 seconds then nogainz. But what they fail to take into account is that you have to lighten the intensity a great deal in order to do those sloth-like reps, which actually outweighs any venefit of increased TUT

Go hard and go fast and go heavy

Go hard, go controlled and go heavy

Instead of doing slow reps you could instead be doing normal reps with a higher weight

Controlled does not equal slow

All lifts are controlled. But going purposefully slow is just bleeding your power out. You should be doing heavier weights in a normal-paced manner. Not this shit where you drag out each rep as long as possible

cringe and bluepilled
TUT is a legit method, you should do both fast/heavy reps and TUT-controlled bodybuilding work within an appropriate programming

>joint injury

Attached: 1535326179056.jpg (211x239, 8K)

This is a thread about TUT, which by definition is about going slow. Stop conflating this with "controlled". Olympic lifts are fast and powerful anf controlled, but have little time under tension

Mechanical load drives hypertrophy

Volume is king. Not heavy, not TUT. Better off doing 5 sets at 70% than 3 sets 90% or 3 sets TUT. Lifting heavy = less volume = bad. Lifting for TUR = less volume = bad

>Not this shit where you drag out each rep as long as possible
You should be doing both. It helps you to generate power when you're used to going slow, then stopping at the end of the lift for 1-2 seconds. Just do it after your heavy sets

Don't conflate olympic lifts with your gay bench press low bar squat and cat back deadlift. You aren't training a tenth as explosively as weightlifters.

>Time under tension!
This pisses me off. At my uni gym some dude came and stopped me mid set to tell me this. I'm literally bigger than he is and have like 15% less bf. Fuck off bloatmaxxx wannabe

None of you first year lifting dyels understand that VOLUME consists of LOAD, TOTAL REPS, INTENSITY and TIME PER REP (eccentric + concentric) and that you are stronger in an eccentric so to take advantage of them you should go slower as well. Your divebomb parallel low bar sets of five squats aren't nearly as good as you think.

Attached: 1535351412992.png (645x729, 58K)

I was using oly lifts to make a point, you smooth-brained simpleton. If you're purposefully going slow on a lift, you'd do better to just do the lift at a normal controlled pace at a higher weight instead. Chasing TUT is a meme

Lmao just lift nerds

But your point is retarded because you're using olympic lifts to justify things on non-olympic lifts. GTFO with your grade-schooler logic.

Going fast mostly uses the initial inertia gained by the first reacting muscle, and gravity is used for the return. Effectively you're only working out the muscles initially used and the follow through parts of the muscles hardly get used.

Tldr
Coming down from a rep should never be the easy part

It's absolutely astounding to me, as a person that there are people who don't realize right away that they aren't using their muscles during the eccentric part of the exercise. Especially whenever any video at least I have looked at to do an exercise people are doing it correctly. Why do they refuse to get the most gains they can??

any theory in which parameter of lifting builds muscle is a twerpy cope to distract from putting in real work. THERE IS NO SECRET SHORTCUT IT'S 100% PAIN AND GAIN HARD WORK BABY

that image

/thread

>explosive on the first half
>controlled and steady on the way down

Attached: 1502817237839_18.png (449x602, 10K)

Fuck this made me laugh harder than it should have

This guy gets it

this is the correct answer. I’m angry how long it took to get posted.

Can someone please link me to this video again. I forget what it's called.

>just use the joint for a longer time so you don't hurt yourself
Okay

Attached: 1534526585495_0.jpg (420x416, 19K)

>IQ higher than 190
You're talking about my STRICT PRESS, right?

doubt it

Attached: makisebulli.jpg (427x431, 56K)