Anime newfag here

Anime newfag here.
Name one animu I should watch to fall in love with the medium.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x177, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ip8kXnVXanc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Texhnolyze. Good starter.

watch jojo

You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.

anime has many genres you can't just watch one and like them all

Rainbow Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin originally

Unironicly jjba part 1-2
Liked it until those pokestands appeared but its still bearable after that

Rurouni Kenshin
then everything you watch after wont be as good and youll endlessly watch shit after shit trying to find something that even comes close. Then finally you stumble across onihei but it only has twelve episodes and no chance at another season.

sleeping with hinako

Gunbuster. Short and sweet.

I havent watched much anime but l really liked Love Hina and Great teacher Onizuka

Most people here are giving you good anime, but they are definitely not starter anime.
You should watch Attack On Titan or Death Note or My Hero Academia to see if you like it, then continue on with the more interesting stuff.
If you DO want something super weird that is still regarded as a starter, I highly recommend FLCL

There isn't any one single anime that's guaranteed to appeal to you, and anyone who claims otherwise is bullshitting you. Even the most popular and normalfag-approved anime don't appeal to everyone.

The stands get more interesting from part 4 onward. They're less just ghosts that punch each other and more hyper situational powers.

It really depends on what predispositions you have. Are you a fan of fantasy, sci-fi, drama, politics, horror? Really, what kind of stories appeal to you?

>the medium
Anime is simply just a cartoon. Don't let these fags try to convince you otherwise. It isn't any different than American cartoons. American cartoons also have storylines that stretch over years.

What genre or kind of story do you want? What kind of western cartoons or movies do you like?

I'm not sure I can even think of an element that is not different between American animation and anime. They are very, very different from each other, and the kind of story-driven shows that are an everyday occurence in anime are almost never seen in American animation.

Yeah, like Steven Universe or Danny Phantom? Cmon dude, there are clear differences between Japanese and American animation. It's okay for people to like things you don't like, no need to get up in arms.

Attached: ermmm.jpg (299x293, 9K)

Western animation has a "reset" button that is pressed after each episode. It's as if the entire show didn't happen, again and again.

>Cowboy Bebop
the dub is pretty good if you don't like chink words
>Berserk
the old one not the new 2016 cgi one
>Fist of the North Star
>My Hero Acadamia
>Space Dandy
>Trigun
>Devilman
only seen the old version but you can try the new one
>Full Metal Alchemist
>Hellsing
There's a lot, but I tried mixing in some older and newer ones that I enjoyed. The list isn't exactly chronological, so don't feel like it's a top 10. Research the anime first, and see if you'll actually enjoy it.

we dont know your taste, op, if we fuck up whole medium gets bad rap.

that's true for the most part, but the examples I gave (Danny Phantom, Steven Universe, and more and more that are popping up) have a continuous storyline. Still, they lack the grittiness you tend to see in Japanese animation, because anime is generally NOT written for children. At least, not the shows I watch.

OP listen to this guy. Lots of good examples. But still, if we don't know your preferences it's hard to recommend anything to you. Do you just want something that looks pretty? Do you want cool fights? Romance? Sci Fi? Help us out here.

Here's a list of all the animes I've watched since 2014.

The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat
Deadman Wonderland
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
Sword Art Online
Sword Art Online 2
Highschool DxD
Highschool DxD New (2)
Date a Live
Date a Live II
Elfen Lied
Akame ga Kill
Tokyo Ghoul
Tokyo Ghoul 2
Strike the Blood
Shingeki no Kyojin - Attack on Titan
Shingeki no Kyojin - Attack on Titan 2
Shingeki no Kyojin - Attack on Titan 3
Blade & Soul
Phantom: Requiem of Phantom
Highschool of the Dead
Danganronpa
Zankyou no Terror
Shiki
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - When They Cry
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - When They Cry 2
Outbreak Company
Angel Beats
Trinity Seven
Mirai Nikki - Future Diary
No Game No Life
Kiss X Sis
Terra Formars
Terra Formars 2
Guilty Crown
Death Parade
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Noragami
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
Gate Season 2
Rokka no Yuusha
Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon
Utawarerumono The False Faces
Plastic Memories
Log Horizon
Log Horizon 2
Hundred
Steins;Gate
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World
Taboo Tattoo
Saga of Tanya the Evil
Drifters
The Ancient Magus' Bride
Overlord
Overlord 2
Overlord 3
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody
Juni Taisen: Zodiac War
DARLING in the FRANXX
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord
Angels of Death

There are (now) shows with continuity, but it's weaker than in anime and it's why you see people talk about "lore" all the time (it's the poor man's continuity).

Dragon Ball, obviously.

Holy shit bro, don't just fucking blast him with autism right away. We got to get him started, not instantly blown back.

Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) was my first and most favorite anime. Why dont you go to /a/? They most likely have better taste.

Nothing wrong about giving him some suggestions, bro.

Yes, but there's a lot of tiddy anime on that list. Maybe he's doesn't like anime grills? However, I do respect your/the anons effort.

I would say try but the list I made is probably best for starting out. I would pick Cowboy Bebop, since it's relatively short and pretty easy to get into. It's animation quality is also pretty stellar. Then again, Space Dandy is about the same in that aspect, just less traditional.

Asking for recs is banned on /a/ and they'll just tell you to watch Boku no Pico.

Only third world spics watch anime. If you enjoy anime please unironically kys

Attached: 1488391010818.jpg (306x306, 20K)

The Castle of Cagliostro
Squid Girl (Ika Musume)
Gabriel Dropout
Project A-Ko
Gunbuster

By try, I mean look into the board and see what people like most. That also sounds like a bad idea though.

It's hard to gauge what /a/ likes when hating on as many things as possible is how you gain status there.

>No one has mentioned Eva
Literally the best collection of moving images I've seen.

Gtfo, the stands parts are way better you fucking gypsy.

Attached: 00F49C9E-A9B7-429F-A2BF-F70FB8B97CC7.png (374x535, 100K)

>guys punching each other
One Piece, Hunter x Hunter or My Hero Academia
>edgy as fuck stuff
Code Gayass if you want a political drama with mech fights and pseudo-intelectual war strategy, Attack on Titan if you want a "mankind last stand" vibe, Berserk if you want medieval wars with a heartbreaking ending that will only make sense if you read the manga
>pretentious shit that turns the medium on its head you wont get unless you watch a lot of anime before
Evangelion and Madoka
>non-pretentious shit that turns the medium on its head you wont get unless you watch a lot of anime before, but its actually fun for first timers
One Punch Man and Re:Zero
>newfags watch and love it
Cowboy Bebop for a space opera, FMA Brotherhood for magic explained by science, and Death Note for mind games
There is also some reddit flowchart that help newfriends like you, but you know, >reddit

It's a misconception that Eva "deconstructs" mecha anime, and Madoka's "deconstruction" of magical girl anime is very overrated and not that important.

>all of these retarded recommendations
just go on MAL, click top rated/most popular and pick out action stuff from the top of the list
don't bother with romance/SoL/"deep shit" until you've exhausted the pool of normal people animr

Attached: 1533879449116.jpg (934x776, 47K)

Some people like sol/romance/"deep" anime and don't care for the most popular stuff like FMA and Death Note.

Dragon Ball - Dragon Ball Z - Dragon Ball Super (fuck Dragon Ball GT)
Hellsing
Deathnote
Cowboy Bebop
One Punch Man
Bleach

Tbh I never really looked into this deconstruction aspect, I liked Eva for it's character development and "realistic" actions of the protagonists. This whole desconstruction thing comes from meme anime reviews who want to sound smarter than they actually are, like when a video game reviewer says ludo narrative dissonance instead of saying the gameplay and story dont match up well in the context of the game. It's all about sounding smart.

>Dragon Ball - Dragon Ball Z - Dragon Ball Super
Dragonball is kind of shit, if you will spend 700+ episodes on a shonen at least a decent one, like One Piece or Hunter x Hunter

Someone came up with the idea that Eva was the first serious mecha anime, and since few people have seen any mecha anime older than Eva the idea stuck around.

I highly recommend Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex. It was my first animu and I became addicted after that. It's still one of my favorites. Also cowboy bebop.

Watch subs, not dubs. Just force yourself to get used to it and move your eyes faster.

Attached: 1522699485174.gif (500x278, 1.57M)

Also,

nyaa.si

Thank me later, and remember to seed friend

Seems pretty likely that op closed the tab as soon as the thread was created.

Well I watch original DB and Z from like 10 years old til now. So it will always be special to me.
>tfw still remember the taste of my grandfather's homemade hamburger while watching DB on a lazy Sunday evening.

Attached: comfy 4.png (636x426, 167K)

Depends what kind of genres and themes you like. A lot of people are watching My Hero Acadamia and One Punch Man now, so maybe try starting there.

Most anime people love other people will say it's shit.

Cowboy bebop is a pretty safe choice it is fantastic and I don't see a lot of hate for it.

For a true robot:
Mon Musume - sexy monster girls
Strike witches - sexy airplane girls
Bakemonogatari - sexy monster girls
Shimoneta - sexy sex girls

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (965x1295, 1.01M)

Can anyone recommend me any funny anime? I've watched Konosuba recently and really liked that one

Hinamatsuri, Sabagebu, Cromartie Highschool, Nichijou, Daily Lives of Highschool Boys. Asobi Asobase and Chio-chan's Schoolroad are about halfway finished.

Also Seitokai Yakuindomo for a non-stop stream of sex jokes.

Thank you anons, will definitely check these out

First anime I watched was Welcome to the NHK. Hit me pretty hard

Attached: nhk.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Mushishi is ultimate comfy and you don't have to watch it in sequential order.

Attached: mushishi_by_lolzitsaduck-d9ayuai.jpg (1191x670, 105K)

Ruroni Kenshin

>no Samurai Champloo

Fuck is wrong with you niggers?

Attached: 315739ED-07EB-407B-A7BB-3F8F34A8E9CF.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

G O L D E N B O Y

This comment was sponsored by: The Swimming Scene

more anime like this?

If the moe school-girl cute anime vibe stereotype and mecha stuff turns you off then just try anime with 0 fantasy stuff and very little or no sci-fi stuff like

Patlabor 2nd movie
Area 88
Zipang
Silent service
Golgo 13
Riding Bean
Salaryman Kintaro
SlamDunk
Black Lagoon

Then you will move on to your standard western "classics" which usually consist of anime that aired on toonamani or adult swim (EVA, Champloo, GiTS, Bebop, Inuyasha, FMA, etc) and soon eventually before you know it you will be watching one-off slice of life anime or the one-off flavor of the month stuff.

also don't listen to people who tell you that Evangelion is "too advanced for a starter anime" those people are retards

Man I don't know why I met so many spics online into Naruto/Inuyasha/DBZ and shit. I remember once my workplace hired a recent Mexican guy as a cnc programmer and once I walked past his desktop and the man was watching naruto dubs.

Tatami Galaxy and Watamote have some similarities.

It's been 2 and a half hours since OP made the thread and by all appearances he left immediately afterwards, so maybe people should stop responding as if he's reading any of this.

Just watch Ruroni Kenshin

Boku no Pico
Trust me it Is very good for new ppl

I think were just tossing out recs because its fun at this point

Ruroni kenshin
Evangelion
Gundam
Akira

Teh classics are the safest bet

Try Steins;Gate my friend, newer but feels like a classic

Holy fucking christ people in this thread have absolute shit/pleb taste.
Rurouni Kenshin is ok but is cheesy as fuck in lots of ways.
Boku no Hero is literally "stereotypical anime: the anime" so it can leave lots of bad impressions about other shonens.
It's always best to try to get a new person engaged with provocative things in a genre rather than basic formulaic shit.
OP should watch:

Ashita no Joe
Ergo Proxy
Ghost in the Shell (all of them)
Serial Experiments Lain
.hack
Wolf's Rain
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Witch Hunter Robin
Hellsing Ultimate
Akage no Anne
Angel's Egg
Casshern Sins
Big O
Escaflowne
Parasyte
Guyver
Elfen Lied
Gungrave
Appleseed
and Devilman Crybaby

Attached: Serial.Experiments.Lain.full.79013.jpg (1275x1754, 330K)

meh it's not that great. The animation is pretty but it's not a very tight plot and there is way too much filler for my taste.

I disagree. It's best to start with formulaic shows so you can appreciate when shows break the formula. You need to establish a baseline. That's why Boku no Hero is so good for beginners, it establishes a baseline but it also takes the time to be different.

I like this listing, listen to this guy OP.

I'd wager he checks it all out when back, what kind of guy would miss out on all his You's

Attached: 1369274849698.jpg (310x419, 66K)

Boku no Hero's writing sets really low standards for anybody basing their future preferences on it.
There are extremely blatant character and plot tropes that are ripped from other past anime like Naruto and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann except it's done lazily in BnH.
I could write that manga/show better in my fucking sleep.

WTF is this autism

>Ghost in the Shell (all of them)

Oh. ok

To each their own, I'm not going to be able to change your mind. But I disagree completely.
I can't think of a single trope BnH rips from Naruto. The whole message is entirely different. In Naruto, the moral is "rely on your friends to win", but in BnH it's "rely on yourself to win". If you're referring to the relationship between Bakugo and Midoriya being similar to Sasuke and Naruto, you're dead wrong. Bakugo is essentially the opposite of Sasuke, more similar to Naruto if anything.
The author's ability to make every side character interesting and memorable is really admirable.
I highly, highly doubt you could write the show better. It's already great as it is.

I think One Punch Man is propably the best starter, even my normalfag friends who haven't watched any anime before enjoyed it.

FMA and brotherhood
Yu yu hakusho
Ruroni kenshin

I agree with this, especially since it's subverting tropes from the western superhero genre. It's a good cultural transition.

I tried this one on someone new to anime but it failed, we were supposed to make a swap where I watched a season of "Dexter" and the other part did OPM but she dropped it at ep3, fug.

Attached: QLahaog.png (1300x1236, 491K)

>Ghost in the Shell (all of them)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GET OUT

I would start watching Yu Yu Hakusho if I were you if you want to go into older anime. I would also watch Akira, Hunter x Hunter, My Hero Academia, Osomatsu-san, etc.

Attached: 1533418858014.jpg (502x562, 46K)

Well if she was watching Dexter she probably would have preferred a more serious crime-focused starter anime. You should have told her to watch Death Note

OLD ANIME IS THE ONLY KIND OF ANIME

I wish I could see how Zipang ends.
Takumi Kusaka did literally nothing wrong.

Also watch Girls und Panzer, if you like tanks and cute girls. I do it mostly for tanks.

I forgot one more suggestion. One Punch Man is also a good anime for people who are new to anime in general.

>she
found the problem

Attached: 1533913087097.jpg (1600x1138, 699K)

>ew girls have cuties ewwww
grow up

In retrospect I think I should've gone with Bebop desu, because she was a big scifi fan more than anything. My initial reason for picking opm was that it was short and require no brain activity whatsoever to follow, while at the same time showcases the sort of amplified violence that can be found in the medium.

kek, I'll let you know I hesitated a long time to write that out

Go watch the original Dragon Ball

Understandable, but as somebody who also likes scifi the LAST thing I want is a show that requires zero brain activity. I like to think. Maybe if you explain and recommend Bebop she'll watch it.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters (sub)

it's kino

Dragon Ball SUCKS

Attached: 1533925456457.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

my favorite that i first watched was cowboy bepop, good starter

Try parasyte the maxim. 10/10 in my opinion.

Postin' mandatory

youtube.com/watch?v=Ip8kXnVXanc

I have great faith someone will pick it up at some point and hopefully they will not botch the storyline. Kusaka almost makes me awestruck for some reason, their interpretation of Isoroku Yamamoto too.

Attached: ジパング.jpg (495x640, 149K)

kek great video no idea how I haven't seen that one yet

Attached: giggle.jpg (413x395, 26K)

Amagi brilliant park

Originally original