How it is physiologically and thermodynamically possible to lose fat and gain muscle mass, however slight...

How it is physiologically and thermodynamically possible to lose fat and gain muscle mass, however slight, at the same time?

Attached: 1521090717062.jpg (1648x1109, 435K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PFOogvab2TA
youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3AG-oCXTE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i dunno lol
using body fat in place of missing calories? body confused and doesn’t know how to deal with it so it just builds muscle? meme magic?

> how is it thermodynamically possible to gain X while losing Y?
it's almost like the body is a complex system made of different things in different areas, rather than a bucket being filled up with chunks of generic flesh. Good gosh CICOers are dumbasses, telling the public about calories was a mistake

>physiologically and thermodynamically possible to lose fat and gain muscle mass

Steroids.

faggot OP just wanted to post his homosexual picture

how to go from 2nd pic to 3rd?
im 2 atm, cut or bulk?
and how to get chest like that? looks like his nipples move wtf.

Well he's really fit and aesthetically pleasing, meanwhile you must be a fat fuck

Bulk. Also, the nipples are different because of the camera angle, compare the angles brah.
not me but cope more

Your body loses fat and builds muscle throughout the day. Some periods muscle is being built, others fat is lost. Yes, they may not happen at exactly the same time, but in the long term it is possible under certain conditions

Its absolutely possible with some elite supplements. Ask the biggest dude in your gym about the supplements.

Would have expected some lose skin.
Any backstory on this pic? Age, time scale, etc.

Attached: sc16.jpg (683x1024, 173K)

did you get homeschooled by any fucking chance.

eat clen
tren hard
and most importantly: just be yourself brah :)

Exothermic reactions in the body will depend on so many factors: Water intake, ion channel availability, haem levels, even down to the lumen size of your blood vessels. Especially since proteins and fats have different energy efficiency upon breaking of hydrogen bonds.

Explain how what he said is incorrect.

good lighting, good genetics, cardio and flexing

by eating under your tdee INCLUDING calories from a certain minimum amount of protein to build and maintain mass (generally 0.8-1.0g/lb LEAN body mass)

>found the incel

It just is.
He was pointing out how shitty public education is and that the original post is well thought out and enlightening.surely,only a homeschooled individual with involved parents could be this smart

It is impossible. The only way to be aesthetic is fast to complete skelly then lean bulk. Anybody who disagrees probably looks like shit.

Attached: 95A8C8C6-108D-4239-9184-42BA0E1ACA61.jpg (720x960, 74K)

Your body uses fat as an energy source to build muscle. If you're lifting and eating a high protein diet at a maintenance level you will gain muscle. And you don't have to be on steroids to do it. I don't know what's so hard to understand about it.

At a maintenance calorie level i mean.

Holy fuck what a hideous jews for satan+ post

Attached: jewss.jpg (634x903, 79K)

How do you get a smaller waist and wider shoulders like that? Is my mind fucking with me? Can the bones work like that or is it all the illusion of fat placements?

angle of pic + posture

Can’t break law of thermodynamics. You need calorie surplus to build muscle (as well as protein etc etc)

Attached: 6256BEDF-08E3-4FE3-ABD0-F20BB7323C02.jpg (2209x1656, 1.99M)

>smaller waist and wide shoulders
try working out

When you run multiple processes on a computer, the computer still processes them one at a time back and forth. The body is the same. You might be growing muscle at one part of the day and burning fat another. But not simultaneously.

One process requires a running caloric surplus, how can you have a running surplus then a deficit then a surplus. The body doesn't work like a computer you autist. IT incels should be gassed.

No, you need to a caloric surplus to gain weight. Actually that's not even really true because you could technically gain weight while fasting if you just drink a lot of water and don't piss. The quality of your diet determines your body composition. You can change your body composition without gaining or losing a pound.

Your body requires calories, not necessarily food. If you eat at a calorie deficit while still meeting your protein requirements and doing strength training, you will build muscle as long as your body has fat reserves to use as an energy source.

What do you think happens when you eat? You think the body waits till the end of the day, adds up all the calories and decides if you're in an anabolic state? Idiot. Those processes happen all day long.

Same question as this guy. How many pounds of fat to drop to go from pic 2 to 3?

>almost quads
>dubs
>actually answers op's question
Based

Maybe its because each pound of fat in your body constitutes roughly 3500 kcal. So even if you fast you are never really at a caloric deficit as long as there is fat to go around.
Problem is your body can't convert fat to amino acids, these have to come from protein. So if you don't feed your body some kind of protein it will take the only protein it can easily access and which is not necessarily needed for your survival aka you muscle.

maybe he was only cutting
or maybe he was a beginner
or maybe he's using roids

BRO-SCIENCE: The Thread

Nutrient timing. Exercising in a fasted state then eating clean to fuel your muscle. Simple, but requires discipline.

how to get square dick to be round

X amount of fat is equal to Y amount of energy.

Building Z amount of muscle takes Y amount of energy.

Your body burns X amount of fat to yield Y amount of energy to build Z amount of muscle.

That's as simplistic as it can get really. It's much more complicated than that.

Your body is demanding more strength = building muscle
Your body is burning through stored energy = lose fat

Recomp is mostly a meme though. It’s possible and the reason noob gains are a thing but metabolically your body is either in anabolic or catabolic states.

Not how it works. Nutrient timing is required. Fasted body burns fat. Physically strained body builds muscle. Eat only after the body is physically strained.

You're wrong. At the very beginning of lifting/dieting, and for a short period of time, it's possible to burn fat and build muscle. Your body can, believe it or not, multi-task.

hormones, insuline, growth hormone

look into intermittent fasting

This deserves my favorite post of the day-award :)

eating adequate protein. your body will use stored body fat to make up for the deficit

That’s absolutely not how it works. Please don’t give advice any more.

Anavar give up

Why does he not have loose skin

HE LIFTED WEIGHTS

Fasted exercise has been proven to be a myth, stop torturing yourself

Jesus what

Fasted cardio is genuinely the only legitimate thing in this thread.

Fasting is a meme but exercising in a fasted state has proven benefits, go type it into NCBI.

Studies that say exercising on a fast is bad are probably done with fags who are not used to being on a fast, therefore not adapted to using their own reserves of energy aka fat.
Because they are not used to it, they are not in ketosis, so it might be bad for them.
Now I practice intermittent fasting, exercising on a fast is now better than doing it after a while of having eaten.
I haven't been weight lifting so I can not tell about it myself, but much of my anedoctal evidence points that fasting has actually increased their performance at the gym.
Fasting also promotes HGH and has be proven to be a better way to maintain muscle mass than traditional caloric restriction.

>haven’t lifted weights
Do not post here for another year. You are in no position to give anybody advice on anything.

POSITIVE

Attached: jeff-cavaliere-1.jpg (300x300, 15K)

NITROGEN

Attached: jeff-cavaliere.jpg (300x300, 21K)

Shut up nigger. I went to the gym 6 times a week before I had to stop to recover from some illness. Haven't been there for over a year now, but I am almost 100% able to get there again.

BALANCE

Attached: jeff-cavaliere-2.jpg (300x300, 15K)

>don't be a pig
>eat a lot of protein
don't know why you fags make it so complicated.

>MUH ILLNESS
Cope harder queer and most importantly stop posting

you fucker....

Kek

>hurr durr injecting chemicals allows you to defy physics
The reality is you can lose fat and build muscle at the same time natty. Steroids just enhances the effect and improves recovery time in lieu of you not naturally priming hormonal balance and nitrogen retention in your body's muscles via proper sleep, nutrition, more. If you actually do things properly outside of the gym you will lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously, and its particularly noticeable once you have a good amount of muscle built up and can expend larger amount of energy per rep.

Attached: 1531949547512.jpg (638x558, 64K)

>thermodynamically
this might be helpful:
youtube.com/watch?v=PFOogvab2TA

because you have a built in energy storage mechanism (fat) you can draw the energy for muscle protein synthesis from via lipolysis

I’ll bite, if this is true then why do 99% of people follow a bulk/cut cycle?

Sleeping is the same as intermittent fasting. The body can burn fat as fuel and repair itself (ie build muscle) at the same time.
This isn't as effective as eating excess calories, with constant insulin and amino acids. So you have to eat if you want to grow muscle above homeostasis.
FWIW eating just three times a day will allegedly keep you leaner than constant snacking. I can't do it as the midnight food cravings are just too strong.

As always, just watch Jeff's video on this:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3AG-oCXTE

Because bulking and cutting separately is insanely easier than being autistically devoted to a fitness routine that would allow for one to gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously. Doesn't mean that the latter is impossible, though.

Cant you lose far and build muscle at the same time if your already overweight and eat a deficit while keeping protein high? Sounds reasonable but I'm unsure what is and isnt a meme around here anymore.

Based Jeff-poster

What in this thread is bro science?

because a true recomp is so slow for intermediate + lifters that it's basically negligible

Building muscle doesn't have anything to do with losing fat though.
Your body repairs your muscles after they've been stressed and thus they grow bigger and stronger.
You lose fat when you burn more calories than you consume.

First guy isn't the same as the last two

Why? The guy in the pic was not that fat.
Loose skin only happens if you are incredibly obese or just have shitty genes.

why did this guy even bother? his dick will never be big, so what's even the point, lol

I have an 8.5 inch hard penis.

me on the left

inches aren't a measure of hardness

cope harder kiddo

No. Increased protein intake --> increased peroids of MPS to a set point once the demands are met, regardless of energy balance, which always trends towards 0.

Increased resistance training with progressive overload leads to increased MPS and decreased MBS over time, combine with increased protein intake --> more muscle.

The reason that this is thermodynamically possible, is pretty simple. The majority of energy requirements to build muscle, provided a stimuli and protein is present in sufficient quantities, is given through not only the food source you take in, but also your fat reserves.

Now, if there is minimal fat reserves, it's extremely difficult to continue increase MPS to a point where anabolic processes occur in the muscle when there is a stimuli and adequate protein intake. In this situation, in most cases, the majority of protein consumed will prevent protein breakdown to some extent. Eventually atrophy will occur (though you won't lose satellite cells and the additonal nuclei, so the atrophy will be related to contractile elements from alanine, and glycogen + water). Hence 'muscle memory' exists.

Anyway, steroids change this by increasing MPS dramatically due to changes in gene expression - or by reducing MBS significantly. Sometimes both. This enabels more efficient use of protein. But, if you had 0 amino acid intake with minimal calories and minimal fat reserves, you will lose muscle, regardless of PED use. Energy balance will trend towards 0, your health will become a wreck as several important metabolic processes shutdown to enable energy conservation - eventual death may occur once protein loss is sufficient enough for organ failure. In the case of big ass bodybuilders this may take a few years? I don't actually know. Regardless, I think organ failure would kick in sooner if this was a chronic issue, especially if combine with dehydration and highly androgenic gear.

Source:

Degree - learned it in a module. Was from the lecturers research, partly anyway. Had to take a module in sports nutrition, and I had to do anatomy and physiology for years. I'm a geneticist though.

based
checked

saved

Just so you lads know, MPS = muscle protein synthesis
MPB = muscle protein breakdown

My bad for saying MBS instead of MPS. Sorry for shit grammar too. I didn't put a massive amount of thought into the post, just wrote what I learned at uni.

Bravo, sir.

At the same time its impossible without noob gains.
However you dont have to wait months to cut or bulk. You could cut for half of a week and clean bulk on the other and half, and in a week you'll be both leaner and more muscular.

That's bullshit. Read my post at Yeah, it'd be slow after 'noob' gains (or glycogen supercomepensation and a greater satellite cell reserve). It is still possible. More possible yet with steroids.

Dude look at people who did Ultimate diet 2.0 to name just one of many successful recomp routines. Yeah, okay - a little muscle was gained with a fair amount of fat lost. But, it absolutely is possible. Don't believe all the bro-science outdated bs you hear.

You were home schooled right bud?

only retards don't use metric system

This specific guy used DNP to cut.

>thermodynamically
do you even know what that word means, you absolute fucking retard?

Attached: 1488841212493.jpg (563x604, 63K)

Yes you can do this

"Eat Clen and Tren Hard"

being a novice

your body can use your body fat to make up the deficit created by diet that's the whole point of a calorie restriction(commonly ketone production, you dont need to diet ketogenically to produce ketones)

building muscle and gaining weight are 2 different things. one requires enough building material and the right kind of stimulation as well as the right hormones(insulin, cortisol, gh) to not break it down in periods of low building blocks. the other just takes more calories than you burn

The mole is there in all pics

Good shit user