/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

Amanda Lawrence 520 lb squat. Step it up, PLG.

instagram.com/p/BnAD5sSBbON/?taken-by=miss_amanda_ann

Approved Intermediate Programs for PLG

>Bro Tier (must try hard and have sex)
5th Set (frequency isn't everything)
5/3/1 (non 2009 base template)
Westside for Skinny Bastards
Madcow Intermediate (best for early intermediate)
Destroy the Opposition (J. Lewis)
Cube Kingpin
The Cube (+ Predator)
Conjugate (best in a good gym)
Spotoshot (bench only)
Texas Method 4-day Split Model from PPST.
Juggernaut Method 2.0 (a more periodized 5/3/1)

>Nerd Tier (must have IQ higher than bodyweight in kg)
RTS Generalized Intermediate
RTS Emerging Strategies
Nuckols Average to Savage
Nuckols 28 Free
GZCL
TSA 9 Week
Blevins Skynet AI ($, but cheap)

>Meme Tier (might work if you love memes)
Candito 6 Week
Texas Method 3-Day
Texas Method Trappy Version
Sheiko
The Bridge
Smolov Jr.
Bulgarian/Bugenhagen Method
Heavy Light Medium (not a program, just a loose DUP template).
Slavic Swole
nSuns 5/3/1 (written by a 1200 total Redditor)
Hepburn (8x2-3s)

>Retard Cuck-Tier
PH3 (need a tourniquet to choke yourself, and it has a 100% injury rate)

*all of these programs work (except PH3), but the effort and attitude of the athlete is most important

Attached: 20180828_164738.jpg (715x1008, 344K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/smR0MwW4CSw
instagram.com/p/BnCWuJvh-gJ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=143egtx142y1w
instagram.com/p/Bmbu_uyH1PM/
youtube.com/watch?v=WdmFwOCc3do
t-nation.com/training/rippetoe-goes-off
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for run 5thSet, become less meagre of body, have sex with some big tidday goth chicks

NIE PAPIEŻ NAM WYBRZEŻE DAŁ
youtu.be/smR0MwW4CSw

>Rate this oldschool peaking cycle. From 200 squat to 205 in 9 weeks. Each line one week.
>3x10 142.5
>3x8 152.5
>3x5 162.5
>3x4 175
>3x3 182.5 (should be hard)
>2x2 187.5
>2x2 190 (also hard)
>1x 200 (I sleep)
>1x 205 (real shit)
>I hope you're squatting more than once per week.
After those squats come more squats. Other than that no. I haven't done the math but I think I'm doing similar volume on 5th Meme, only here it's most at the beginning and then tapers. I have used my current rate of gains as a base for the goal.
5th Set has you constantly deloading to 80% and for some reason my squat hasn't scaled as well as my bench and dadlifts (I made a post earlier whining about how testing my maxes sucked). I was hoping an oldschool Boomer cycle would man me up. People said just do 5th Meme's """peaking cycle""" but I'm aborting it for squats because of how terrible testing my maxes went, I would basically have to do a +30kg pb on (fake)meet day which is very very dumb.

I should have noted what that reason probably is:
I have "only" added 8kg and 11kg to my e1RMs on deadlift and bench since I hopped on it (for which I'm grateful, thanks Swede). I added 30kg to the squat e1RM on my first two mesocycles and 10kg more on the last one. They're and whatever, but I was breaking PRs every week. Now to reap these insane gains.

Attached: 1532115933170.png (1171x936, 442K)

you look good, doubt you can realistically add much muscle mass at this point unless you really bloatlord it up

PD2: I actually got a 210 e1RM (140x15), not 200 but I'm scratching that one because it's estimated off a 15 rep set and a bit of an outlier.

Attached: 1499987506101.jpg (1356x854, 78K)

Just do the fucking peaking cycle as written, why after yielding all these gains and the initial testing being stagnant, which Swede literally says will happen in the book, do you now think you're smarter than him on your first run through of the program.

Shit like this blows my mind bruh.

>Shit like this blows my mind bruh.

Evermediates... uh... find a way.

Attached: life.jpg (537x537, 53K)

Because testing my maxes went so wrong, the peaking cycle will consist of three rest weeks, then doing up to 175kg on meet day (105% he recommends for 3rd lift) and doing super-duper high-reps the next 20 weeks (I'm talking never going below 10 reps on the AMRAP sets). I already noticed I had greater difficulty getting away from 80% than on other lifts during the cycles. For whatever reason I had a growth spurt on squats and now need to learn what heavy weights feel on my back.

>run SS to 140kg squat
>one week off
>start texas method
>100kg 5x5 volume day is pretty tough
wtf is happening

Was the 140 kg your 1RM? or did you do it for reps?

it's almost like your body needs constant reminders so you don't forget how to perform le circus trick bar on back meme

140kg 1RM or 140kg 3x5? If the former, you may have just had a 'bad day' for misc reasons like nutrition, rest, stress etc.

If the latter idk you fucked up

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1509900128550.jpg (200x300, 11K)

Lifting weights is challenging. You're going to have to get used to it at some point.

I squat over 500 lb, and 225 still feels a little heavy on my back sometimes. Time to put your big boy pants on.

I have three press days a week, doing bench and OHP on every one. Do these accessories seems fine?

- Lateral raises
- one tricep accessory (pushdowns, skull crushers etc.)
- curls

Those 3 I do after every press session, and then each one of these below once per week.

- Pin press
- Landmine press
- Incline dumbbell bench

Anything I need to add or take out?

wow I was really depressed so I went to the pub with 13 of my friends and now I'm home and more sad than before lol.

I wonder why I feel this way.

Being around happy people can often just make you more depressed.

Failed it at like 4,4,2 out of the 3x5.

1 week, the fuck

4,4,2 out of 3x5. Tbf My sleeps been pretty wick and I've woke up with diarrhoea every morning (yeah wtf) so something's not right with me.

Oh I sort of like it, like I felt more in my legs from the volume day at that weight than the full weight but it's like wtf how have I detrained so much

hm, perhaps, makes me wonder what my problem is then. I thought I was lonely but now I'm not too sure.

>Being around happy people can often just make you more depressed.
If you're a bitter fag who can't be happy for other people, then I guess you're right. Sounds like narcissism to me.

you sound like a narcissistic psychopath

common for some people's lifts to go to relative shit after a week, it's very temporary obviously but yeah

not a strict powerlifter but i remember clarence saying he loses like 20kg off his squat if he goes more than two days without it

Probably because Clarence is used to insane volume. He pretty much squats 5 x 5 every day.

Yeah I think going from 3x a week 3x5 to tuesday 5x5, friday 5RM has affected it a bit and i'll take time to adjust because it's a volume reduction - the rest of my lifts are going up from increased volume.

On an aside note, I hadn't deadlifted in 3 months but started back when I switched program. Would starting deadlifting again, 5RM after squats,be what has caused such a negative impact?

Is sean here? I wanna add u on discord and chat while I get wasted

na, likely not having a significant effect

just don't worry about it bud, if there's one thing texas method can undeniably do it's drive up a squat

Oh Jesus Christ, it's Sean trying to fish for more people to join his Discord

no I mean private chat cuz discord is cancer I just want a laugh and Sean is the funniest nigga I know

I HAVE THE SHITS AND DIARRHEA FUCK YOU KEBAB

Attached: giphy (2).gif (380x285, 1.97M)

Sean is king

I agree with him 99% of the time, but he went a bit too far insulting Isley's granpa. You don't need to be a moralfaggot to know where the line is.

desu seanposting used to annoy me but the norman khan posting just gets funnier with time

I don't know what you're going on about. I'm guessing she passed and he made a joke about it, which doesn't phase me because he wished for death on budas baby.

but honestly he's harmless and you shouldn't take it to heart, he just says it to go against the grain.

tldr: I don't care

god finally the big one came out, like a waterfall of liquid shit that had bounced around my stomach...

i took gigantic diarrhea shit and now im nearly shaking from cold wtf

finally, its over.

that was likr 9 days shit

What did he say about isleys grandpa?

Any tips for beginner programs? My friend is coming with me tomorrow to the gym and he has lifted only couple times before over the years.

You're supposed to find a max training single at the start of the peaking mesocycle, how did things go so wrong?

Attached: Screenshot_20180829-011206_Drive.jpg (1069x1845, 644K)

Attached: Capture.png (931x415, 32K)

No wonder sean doesn't have any friends

Classic copy pasta.

Nobody cares about your scoliosis back while bouncing the bar off your chest bench press.

A big bencher always looks more impressive than a big squatter or deadlifter.

> looks more impressive
Ya gay, m8

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. It fits right into DrSquat's laws of training. What went wrong is I did nothing but 140-160kg of my previous max over and over again, that made me very good at lifting these light weights (23% stronger us HUGE). This is a legit way of getting stronger and people have built monstrous lifts with the bulk of their training being high-reps, but there's still some specificity in lifting higher weights and doing heavy singles. I haven't trained that, so I should made the appropriate progression.

The freakish just don't fit well with the program Assuming nogains at all, every 6 week mesocycle get you close to 90% by the end, because of my gains I was always squatting in the 65-80% range.

Attached: 1497888837001.png (1624x966, 413K)

As a noob since you don't have a hell of a lot of muscle you lose gains quickly since it's neural adaptation

>i have a totally shit bench and this is how i cope: the post

what do i do after stalling on candito

My music player ran out of battery during my squats. God I hate lifting without music.
Actually, life is not worth it without music.

what belt do u bros have?

the rogue leather one looks pretty sweet.

I don't have a belt because I'm poor.

>Weighs what I do
>Rawsquats what Isley does

Women confirmed shit at everything.

Well, a week completely off probably deconditioned you a bit. I'd bet 5 dollar that the 102.5 kg (I'm assuming) next week feels better than that 100 kg did.

Tangentially related, I wouldn't go any heavier than 125 kg for squats on Intensity Day, if you're going the 5RM route. Which you probably should be doing at this point.

The solution to that is to make it make you blindingly angry instead. Earlier, I was in between the fourth and final set of 8 squats a piece, and I REALLY didn't want to continue that nightmare. Then I noticed a brown eyed qtp2t meeting her skinny, facial-aesthetics-having (no homo) husband at the front desk with their infant child, and upon seeing her child her face lit up with joy and fulfillment that no one on this board, let alone this thread, could possibly conceive of. Seeing such cringe-inducing happiness stirred in me feelings of confusion, rage, and nausea. But once I stifled my vomit, the raw hatred pushed me through my last set of squats.

They might be the happiest two lovers in the world, but I squat more than both of them combined. In the end, isn't that what really matters?

Doubles at 310kg last night..less than 4 months until a 800lb+ Deadlift if things go to plan.

instagram.com/p/BnCWuJvh-gJ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=143egtx142y1w

that lockout though

>no set particularly good or bad

Its a danger to your goals if you believe this

Good morning /plg/

Please elaborate.

how do you people lift 300kg off the floor like its nothing

dont you fear you snap your spine?
how do you warmup to deadlifts? mentally and physically
what cue do you use to make sure your spine is in correct position

I dont even lift half of this but, dont look up, don't hinge back excessively when you lockout. Sorry if wrong

At least 30% of the lift has no technical proficiency, youre cheating lockout and your knees rebend cause they cant stay locked when you go into hyperextension

>dont look up

Apology accepted

Fearless mong strength. Just try to brace everything and keep as tight as possible
Genuinely laughed at the '30%' which 30%?

Assume as we have discussed previously, that you think I am cheating lockout by going into hyperextension to drive my hips forward? This is something I am aware of and I am working on improving with accessory work.

Lol nigga its literally picking stuff of the ground. Just bend over like your whore mother and pick it up. How the fuck is this hard?

because no matter how hard I try, it feels like my low back is bending too much and I fear I snap shit

Yeah the last 30%
Its not just the cheating, if you go to a comp and watch people warming up, they dont engage the the hips to lockout, and 90% of them fail their 3rds, no one wants that

Then your abs are weak as fuck and it would be prudent to train your whole posterior chain as well

Can I switch OHP for CGBP on 531 or should I just run Cube Predator/some other 2day bench routine?

>gbro the biomechanist

What ab complimentary/specific work (other than big compounds obv.) would you recommend for a person with CLEARLY weak abs

is there any real benefit from doing, say, 3 sets to failure of push ups to help bench press? i mean, after a certain point it seems like it'd be a waste.

Pushups are great for shoulder health, it will be direct help to your bench by keeping them healthy.

Side plank into plank into opposite side plank, 8 seconds in each position, then rotate back, doing each position twice is one set, 3 sets a day

Heavy front squat walkouts, just load up a 1rm or more, unrack it and stand there for 60s, 3 sets

What role (if any) in your opinion should crunches have in ab training?

Do you do any direct erector specific work, like back extensions?

So this is 485

I hit 500 last week finally but it was slow and torturous. I also don’t train correctly.

Today i went to try and do volume work.

405x5
425x3 for two sets
Then tried 445 but barely got it for one.
Should i push through 405 for 6-8 and work slowly up?

instagram.com/p/Bmbu_uyH1PM/

Im not a fan because flexion is the last thing you want when youre trying to brace, imo ab training for pl should be mimicking the braced position

I do 40 ghrs every lower and ive just swapped 40 hypers for 40 reverse hypers

ROLLOUTS
O
L
L
O
U
T
S

mate you are asking adivce in a thread that's probably like 99,99999999999999% weaker than you.
I sincerely recommend ReactiveTrainingSystems forum as alt.

Quads quads quads

Drop some squat volume and train quads like a bber for a few months

I was forced into it but it was a fucking blessing

I was doing full body six days a week to lose weight because i hate cardio and I just switched to an actual routine only working 3-4 days a week.

Just been doing leg extensions. Any other recommendation?

That lever squat you keep posting videos of, stop putting so many plates on it and grinding them out, face the other way if you can so your heels are raised and theres more knee travel

5x10, 4x8, 4x12 whatever, just do them, unless your gym has a belt squat in which case you should live on it

Are double pause dls the ultimate glute exercise? Ive never felt my glutes this much.

Sounds like a road to snap city.

And no, *THIS* is the Ultimate Glute Exercise.
youtube.com/watch?v=WdmFwOCc3do

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.04M)

>road to snap city
You guys make it sound like everything out of the ordinary shit is a road to snap.

Ive tried barbell hip thrusts and the glutes weren't nearly as fucked as after doing double pause dls

Probably because youve finally gone light enough for stronger muscle groups not to have to take over

Look at bret contreas' instagram, it all looks like 'finishers' because everyone has weak glutes and when theres a weakness in the chain, stronger muscles get involved to maintain force output

>barbell hip thrust
are not what I linked

Ik, just saying that similar movement never gave me this feeling I get now

BB Hip Thrusts suck major ding ding dong anyways.

Not the guy you are replying.
Do you do any unilateral work? I fucking love doing split squats and lunges myself. 1 legged Leg Press feels uncomfortable at my hip though, but lot of those cyclists swear by it.

Attached: Dumbbell-Bulgarian-Split-Squat.png (1320x806, 379K)

this looks extremely painful

Just woke up after 6 hours of sleep, but don't feel like sleeping any more. Should I just stay up?

4U

had any coffee yesterday? Everytime I had coffee I couldn't sleep for more than 5-6 hours.

Wtf is wrong with you. Lunges and Bulgarians are hell.

> Lunges and Bulgarians are hell.
Probably why I love them, heh.
Great exercise to check your ego too, can't go heavy on them.

No because i want my squat to go up

t-nation.com/training/rippetoe-goes-off

Nope, don't drink coffee. I've been getting plenty of sleep lately, hopefully one 6 hour night shouldn't effect my OHP AMRAP today.

The more I train the more I think powerlifting is pretty much bodybuilding minus retardation

>tnation
>rippetoe
>tone of that first paragraph

Top cringe