Routine Thread

Post em dudes

Attached: iLhAJBl.png (547x465, 47K)

Is doing a PPL where I hit each group once a week a bad idea, with a weak point day.

It'd look like
>Monday: Pull
>Tuesday: Cardio
>Wednesday: Push
>Thursday: Legs
>Friday: Full Body (Weakpoint day)
>Saturday/Sunday: Cardio

I'm quite busy with work and really enjoy working out this way. As a natty intermediate lifter, is this a bad setup?

Here's what the lifting days will look like

Pull: (Back, Lats, Biceps)
1x5+ Deadlift
3x8 Barbell Rows
3x10 Chin-Ups
3x10 Shrugs
3x12 Barbell Curl
3x12 Forearm Curls

Push: (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps)
2x5, 1x5+ Bench Press
3x8 Overhead Press
3x10 Dips
3x10 Incline DB Bench
3x12 Lateral Raise
3x12 Close Grip Bench

Legs: (Quads, Hamstrings, Calves)
2x5, 1x5+ Squat
3x8 Zercher Squat
3x10 Romanian Deadlift
3x12 Split Squat
2x25 Calf Raises

Strong lifts but change everything to 3x5, add a bunch of accessories, drop the squat on the ‘b’ workout, and make sure you use the based app

Attached: 903B40D0-8018-4F20-8521-6E9684AF3E12.gif (250x141, 2.92M)

>really enjoy working out this way
>a bad setup?
no

Push
>Flat Bench 5x5
>Incline DB press 3x8
>Rope Push Downs 3x10-12
>Seated DB press 3x8
>Overhead DB extension 3x10-12
>Side lat raises 3x12
>Shrugs 3x20

Pull
>Chin ups 3x8
>BL Deadlift 5x5
>DB rows 3x8
>face pulls 3x12-15
>seated rows 4x8
>lat pulldowns 4x8
>barbell curls
>hammer curls

Legs
>Squat 5x5
>incline leg press 3x8
>leg extension 5x10-12
>tilt seat calf 5x10-12
>hip adduction 5x20
>hip abduction 5x20

When I'm feeling burnt I'll throw a day in where I fast, do cardio and focus on core, w/ hanging leg raises, planks, and oblique raises. Trying to cut right now, once I'm done that , I think I'm going to switch to SL 5x5

A
>Bench 5x8
>Dumbell tricep extension 5x10
>Forearm curl 5x10
>Machine chest fly 5x10
>Ez curl 5x8

B
>Dumbell OHP 5x8
>Seated cable row 5x10
>Side delt raise 5x10
>Lat pulldown 5x10
>Dumbell shrug 5x15
>Weighted neck curl 5x15

C
>Squat 5x8
>Calf extension 5x15

Plus light ab work on all the days
Tell me what I'm doing wrong please I need to know

Attached: a.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)

Here's my basic setup
2x warmup
8x3 ramping to new max or max
65% max X amrap
Neutral Chins X f
2 other accessories for main compound 3x12+
Facepulls 3x12

Op pic is my workout. Doing pendlay rows and dont have a belt so just doing 3 sets of chins to failure. Also doing some running on off days.

10/8/6 two sets
Leg press
De-NEVERMIND, CANCEL FUCKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE SCHOOL SLAMS MY ASSHOLE WITH HOMEWORK

Workout A:
3x5 OHP / Bench Press
3x5 Barbell Rows / Chin ups
3x5 Squats
1xF Farmer Walks
2x8 Shrugs
2x8 Curls
30min Cardio

Workout B:
3x5 OHP / Bench Press
3x5 Barbell Rows / Chin ups
1x5 Deadlift / 1x5 Shrugs
3x8 Lying Tricep Extensions
2x8 Hammer Curls
30min Cardio

I've been thinking of upping the amount of sets I do for curls and shrugs, is it worth it?

great routine, I need to figure some way to do calf workouts in my home gym, mine look like shit
good shit user
solid, my C day has squats but incorporates other shit, considering making it just a leg day like you did so I'm not spending 2 and a half hours in the gym on C days

Mine, almost all of my workouts are pyramid sets and some days I'll focus lower weight higher reps and others the opposite:
A
>bench 5-10x
>incline 5x
>close grip 3x
>dumbbell flys 3x

B
>barbell row 5-10x
>weighted pull ups 3x
>weighted chin ups 3x
>deadlift 1x5
>barbell curl 6x (alternate thin and wide grip)

C
>OHP 5-10x
>barbell shrugs 5-7x
>neck harness shit 3x
>squats 5-10x
>ab wheel roll-out 3-5x

>I've been thinking of upping the amount of sets I do for curls and shrugs, is it worth it?
I find that shrugs are one of those weird workouts that respond really well to high volume and not so much high weight low rep shit. My workout yesterday went like this (obviously always trying to increase reps to 20 until I bump everything up and start higher):
135x20
145x20
155x20
165x20
175x18(failure)
I've been very happy with the results of this and while I can do ~220 for 5 without wearing myself down I've seen much better progress going this route. Solid lats are a thing of beauty and something lots of niggers ignore so nailing it gives you a big leg up

I did SS 4 years ago and got to 2pl8 bench... then I almost died from EEE, found a gf, got a job, and got fat. So now I'm starting over.

Is this decent while for LP while on a deficit?

Attached: Screenshot_20180828-221940.png (1440x2560, 121K)

Huh, I'll try doing way more volume on my shrugs then, thanks user

np, make sure you report back your findings after a couple months. 14/88 to you and your family

I'm doing a GSLP routine.
I do main lifts as extra 3x5-8 (at around 75%) work instead of regular accessories.
So OHP as an accessory on bench days, and bench on OHP. Extra squats on Days 1 and 2, and extra DL (touch-and-go's) on day 3.
Plus 5x5-8 rows on bench days and 3x5-8 weighted/2x5-8 unweighted chins on OHP days.
Some extra accessories:
Calves, face-pulls and core every day.
Tricep extensions or shrugs, curls, pull-overs, cable pull-throughs, leg curls, hip thrusts, back extensions, delt flyes, extra pull-ups; just 1 or two of these for 2 sets.

Go for walks most mornings, jog once a week, HIIT once a week, a stretching routine every day and a longer stretching sessions sometimes with foam rolling once or twice a week.
I do the frequency stuff too but not so consistently, and I add in some postural exercises.

user if you're really doing the proper amount of volume and weight required to get a good lift in then you won't want to do extra main lifts because your body will need time to recover so you can hit those marks again on the next day you're set to do them. These programs aren't perfect and either you're underestimating your 75% or this just isn't working for you at that point

Casual 5/3/1, each last set amrap, 4th week is warm-up value for each day.
Monday OHP / Tuesday Deadlift / Thursday Bench / Friday Squat

Attached: 40284188_2130830960467411_1605163569257644032_n.png (2692x1032, 299K)

Yeah you're probably right, I'm just trying this out and it's only been a week.
I know I probably should just do the program explicitly but I think Phrak's isn't enough volume for bulking and the base one given has things like curls instead of rows so seems unbalanced in terms of pulling to pushing volume.

It's mostly just for getting some more "practice" in, experimenting with this, my rationale is that it's something like 5x5-8 first-set-last reps in the beginner version of 5/3/1, but on alternating days the same as the 5x10 work in bbb.
For bench, for example, I was doing dips as an accessory and I can do 20+ dips unweighted, 5x30kg added. But only bench 5x80kg, still on my way up after stalling at this point 2 weeks ago. So I'm trying more volume on bench, I mean otherwise some weeks you're only benching once and doing a total 20 or so reps at a decent weight.

What's your opinion? To still do it as extra reps, after the same lift, so bench heavy and then some back-ff sets 1 or 2 times a week with more volume on that day; or drop this and do dips or whatever?
Also I'm wanting the squats 3x a week because they've been behind (only recently overtook my bench) and my legs aren't getting gains as fast as everything else.

>EEE
?

was doing SL5x5. but lately have developed some fuckarounditis with accessories.

did some research and SS & SL (& ICF) aren't good according to 90% of the internet, so i need a new routine.

>OHP 35kg
>Bench 80kg
>Squat 120kg
>Dead 155kg
>tfw so close to 1/2/3/4

I'm not liking my routine that much at the moment. I have a slight scoliosis so the asymetry on my back is heavy af and my arms are really lacking in mass. Anyone know a good routine that blasts arms chest and shoulders? I gym 4 days a week and am doing a PPL atm

Day 1 chest
Day 2 back
Day 3 legs
Day 4 shoulders
Day 5 arms
Day 6 off
Day 7 off

3 exercises 2 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Day 1: Legs
Day 2: Chest, Triceps
Day 3: Legs
Day 4: Back, Biceps
Day 5: Legs
Day 6: Shoulders, abdominal
Day 7: Legs

Well I was on SL5X5 for a while and it makes me too tired and SS I hit the wal fast. Now I'm doing accessory work only till next month because I'm moving and joining powerlifting gym.
Thisbtime I will try Ivysaurs 4-4-8 because it seems to make sense.

Workout:
High pulls/Muscle snatches
Clean and Push press/Strict Press
Flat Barbell Bench/Incline DB bench
Seal Row/Pendlay Row
Pull Ups/Lat Pull Down
Front Sqaut/RDLs

AxAxAxx

Typically do 2x10,2x5,2x3 for sets but I’m honestly not that anal about it. Every 2 weeks I’ll try set a 1RM PR on most of these lifts.

Attached: 247CCFC3-AB2E-441D-996E-D6559637DB84.jpg (232x293, 20K)

>Monday: Everything
>Tuesday: Everything
>Wednesday: Everything
>Thursday: Everything
>Friday: Everything
>Saturday/Sunday: cry and ask for forgiveness from the gainz gods for not training everything today

ACBCADC, BCACBDC

A:
> Squat 5x5 (+2.5kg)
> Bench Press 5x5 (+2.5kg)
> Barbell Row 5x5 (+1kg)

B:
> Squat 5x5 (+2.5kg)
> Overhead Press 5x5 (+1kg)
> Deadlift 1x5 (+5kg)

C:
> HIIT cardio on elliptical
> 10 sprints, 20 mins total

D:
> Chinup 3x5
> Dip 3x5
> Barbell Curl 2x8 (+1kg)
> Skullcrusher 2x8 (+1kg)

nice routine bro Im 71 kg right now decided to do a mini cut for 2 weeks
after that i wil problley go with this program however i will add fly machines into the push day
and wil did
push
pull
rest
push
pull
i skip leggs cuz im quite a trex