Why does fire cast light?

why does fire cast light?
it's just heat, how does that even work?

Attached: 1507260931521.jpg (626x626, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

butane.chem.uiuc.edu/pshapley/genchem1/l4/1.html
quora.com/At-what-temperature-do-all-objects-start-emitting-visible-light
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's fire

Super heated air glows

Attached: 1530419794680.jpg (1203x1447, 244K)

the fire particles are so hot that they make the oxygen particles explode.
so many tiny explosions are happening so fast in one spot that it looks like light to you.

Attached: image.jpg (1000x800, 57K)

Fire is a oxidation reduction effect, which this releases energy, this energy makes the air excited making it realease photon's to go back on the first energy state. I think its how it works, but im not totally sure

>fire is just a bunch of tiny explosions
thats so cool!

Look up black body radiation.

Think about what heat is - it's energy. Temperature is fundamentally defined as the kinetic energy that a particle has (its vibration). When atoms are excited, they move up to a more exited state and then emit a photon, or a packet of energy, as they go back down to a more stable state. Look at the delta Es in pic related. Those are the levels of energy emission of an excited hydrogen atom.

Also, a combustion reaction is an exothermic reaction. As the chemical bonds in the fire's fuel (like wood) are undone, they release energy which is what excites atoms and causes them to emit photons.

Attached: H[1].gif (276x73, 2K)

Heat = excited state = emission of a quantum of energy (such as photons)

Basic quantum mechanics. Seriously.

Sorry, pic went full retard, this should work

Attached: Hes[1].gif (658x264, 10K)

the pics aren't what is fully retarded here user

I'm sorry, do you want to just read the website on fundamental chemistry yourself?

butane.chem.uiuc.edu/pshapley/genchem1/l4/1.html

Jewish devil-magic.

Photons mediate all electromagnetic reactions such as a fire.

>Electromagnetic reactions

Attached: 1519525561230.jpg (851x714, 80K)

If I rub my hands together really fast will they start glowing?

>the fire particles
Yaes the good ol' fire particles.

People like you are insufferable :)

The heat gets so intense that it causes nuclear fisson in the oxygen and wood particles, so the tiny nuclear explosions give off light. This is also why it burns you if you touch it.

When the chemical reaction happens its usually

Chemical + o2 -> co2 + c(coal) and possibly other stuff + photons (left over energy). Theyre transfered to the air and some hit your eye

Do tell me about the state of these atoms

Yes, but even without that, they do glow in the infrared spectrum. (This is why IR goggles work). As things get hotter, the glow they produce gets higher frequency, into visible light, then UV, then gamma and all the way up.

How fast do I have to rub them for them to generate visible light?

what is fire?

They'd probably fry to charcoal before you got visible light. According to this:

quora.com/At-what-temperature-do-all-objects-start-emitting-visible-light

about 700K

Ok user. Here's how we're going to commit suicide together. I jack you off. You jack me off. Until our dicks turn to visible light and burn our bodies to fucking ash and vapor.

Attached: aggretsuko.jpg (895x617, 85K)

it has a level in wizard, you idiot

When you heat an object the molecules speed up. It also excites the electrons enough so that they end up jumping between different orbits. When electrons move from a higher energy orbit to a lower energy orbit they have to conserve energy somehow, and they give out a photon. This is why very hot metal glows too.

Don't ask me why. I don't know. This always sounded conpletely alien to me.