Are there any calisthenicsfags here? How useful would it be to do pull ups with a thick bar...

Are there any calisthenicsfags here? How useful would it be to do pull ups with a thick bar? Would it make my forearms stop being sticks? I'm sure my wrists/hands will always be small but I don't care I just want some muscle at least on the upper half of the forearms.

Attached: iron-bull-tgrip-3-0-inch-diameter-1-pair-ergonomic-design-dumbbell-and-barbell-thick-handle-adapter- (425x425, 30K)

Sounds like what you want to do is lift weights

Sounds like what you want to do is put big dicks in your hands

If you want to use your forearms more drop your hands down lower so youre only holding onto the bar with your fingertips and not using your thumbs

I already do that when I do neutral grip pull ups. Feels more natural.

Sure, thicker bar will be harder but you can just wrap a cloth around the bar you don't need to buy a meme product for it.

If you want to build your forearms I recommend you start doing a fuck ton of push ups/variations of push ups. When I was at army OSUT We didn't touch any heavy weights the whole time (except for kettebells maybe once every two weeks). Just spent many many hours in the front leaning rest with sets of push ups and mountain climbers in between. The key being that you don't really get a break in between sets, as if you got caught dipping or resting by dropping your knees you'd just get fucked up longer. And the endurance to stay in that position is partially core but also a lot in your wrists for arms. I wish I had some kind of program to share for you guys but I don't, although I promise you this general method is proven to work.

I went through 11B OSUT and at 18, did push-ups until I puked and my forearms are essentially the same size at 6’1 190.

Hm did you build any muscle? Just curious cause now that I think about it, there were some guys that didn't seem to change physically at all despite the nonstop working out.

doubt it'll do anything other than make it more comfortable and increase chance of traumatic injury

Thick bar training is the opposite of comfortable.

Stop with this calisthenics slide threads. It’s fucking shit. Calisthenics fags should be banned for these threads

Attached: A5B925FF-3136-4D99-95E3-C5A6494C1899.jpg (197x256, 16K)

Very very useful.
Your forearms will be in agony.
Just remember, when you're doing pulls chins etc with thick bars, your reps will be cut in half.
So focus on good form and slow cadence.

Nice thumbnail, idiot.

I used a pool noodle to do this on my pull up bar.

Calisthenics are great. Honestly i'd just do some other forearm exercise rather than increase the diameter of the bar. I've always felt like chin ups work my forearms a bit more, but do your own research

>that guy who does fat grips jerk offs in the squat rack

I get this pain in my right bicep after a pull-up, anyone know why? I think it's because I'm weak as fuck (can only do 3 pullups max) and don't know how to activate my lats, so I'm straining my biceps more

>pull ups
>not just buying a ~2 long metal pound bar and swinging that around as hard and fast as you can for maximum functional arm strength

just buy some knockoff fatgripz from amazon and it will help a lot. also do weighted pullups and use a grip strengthener device

>take the crossfit pill

You doing pull ups or chin ups. If you're doing chin ups you're just weak and if you do pullups your form might be shitty

pull up, im fine with chin ups