New to lifting, I keep hearing that SS and SL are memes so I wanted to give Greyskull a try...

New to lifting, I keep hearing that SS and SL are memes so I wanted to give Greyskull a try, but what should I do if I cant even do 1 chinup?

Attached: DiyD1FtVQAAqUCg.jpg (901x1200, 134K)

assisted chinups or negative chinups. just google "chinup progression" and take your time to read it thoroughly

SS

You're wise for realising that SS is a meme.
I got brutally memed into SS and got fat.
This is my body and this is my story.

Attached: 20180819_233606.jpg (500x768, 70K)

begin with negatives my dude.

>memes into SS
>Got fat
I'm not sure that's how exercising works user

>what should I do if I cant even do 1 chinup
Do rows instead for 3 sets of 5+ reps. Pendlay rows if your gym will allow it. Bent over rows otherwise.

thanks, looked it up
seems like it would be kind of embarrassing to do though? having to drag a bench to the bar and constantly jumping up on it, jumping up to the top of the bar, etc

Just do the big three
Bench, Squat, Deadlift. Add some crunches and rows, and you're set for the first year.

Nice try. He already said that he knows SS is a meme.

SS, SL and Greyskull are all memes

>Compound lifts are a meme
Do you know how I know that you're a DYEL?

Do you wanna know how I know you are a 500 lbs "powerlifter" with 12 inch arms

>Just do the big three
You won't achieve anything doing that.
OP just do some splits

Greyskull is shit. It was written by an SS disciple

>muh arms
As expected another retarded curl bro. Might as well be a twink.

It's impractical at the very least. If your gym has an assisted pull up machine, use that. Or, you know, do rows instead.

Depends on what you want to achieve. If you want to be a man you do them if you want to be a qt twink you do a split.

Fatty detected.
You really think anyone cares how much you squat or deadlift?

Are you pasta? I've seen you post before with this same photo, what are your lifts looking like?

Yes actually, I never heard anybody asking what they curl. People are always interested in bench pressing or squats. It's the way it is.

alright
how do you feel about rows vs lat pulldown for working myself up to chinups?

I'm building up my base after a spinal fracture and have been using the Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding Schwarzenegger meme split. Works well for me.

Both are fine. And you don't have to choose one over the other - you can do rows on Day A, lat pulldown on Day B.

Keep the load on lat pulldowns light enough to do at least 10 reps. Accumulating reps is more important here than load progression.

Good luck. Don't get yourself injured.

thanks for the answers
one last question in regards to weight progression
what should I start at, and how much should I add per week?

Don't not do chin ups and pull ups. Hold yourself up in a chin/pull up for as long as possible. Once you can actually pull yourself up it's just a matter of grinding away at it. From there it's up to you. You can do your sets consecutively, or you can slowly add more and more pull ups throughout the day - day after day.

>what should I start at
95 lbs for deadlift, empty bar for the other barbell exercises.

>how much should I add per week?
The smallest increment available at your gym, which would most likely be 5 lbs.

Also, I would advise to stick to fives on your first run, and instead wait for your first deload to do plus sets.

Cute doggo also do Stronglifts 5x5 if you are new

Attached: 1473694726214.jpg (500x667, 53K)