HOW THE FUCK DO YOU LIVE IF YOU DON'T MAKE 80K+

I don't know how anyone can do it if you don't make 80k plus
I am getting myself set up in a new town across the country and the expenses keep pouring in
>rent and deposit were like 2000 total
rent is $1020 a month utilities included
>internet is 40
it was $29.99 in my home town
>buying discount furniture from goodwill and thrift stores
bought a couch for 20 dollars
bought a desk for 30 and a wheeled chair for 5
>bought utensils and household shit for over 200 bucks
Microwave, slow cooker, cleaning supplies, inflatable bed, the works
>food is like 20-40 dollars a week
>gas is $35 a week thus far
with that I only make like $1280 a week after taxes,

I know things will be less when I have to buy less furniture and shit
but still, this is nuts.

Attached: santa-ana.jpg (750x563, 177K)

move to a poorer area of the country fuckface, a bus ticket is like a hundred fucken bucks you fag

>a bus ticket
implying I take bus.

I did live in a poorer area, I just go to where the jobs are. I made the same there, the only difference was that the gas was cheaper.

you have friends with whom to share rent

go back east, its bad enough we got beaners driving prices up with their 3 seperate tax free income households, we dont need any east coast shitters thinking they can make it only to start shooting up in a gutter somewhere

I don't live with people dude. Rooms with more than one room are like 2000+ so it would be the same shit whilst sharing a bathroom

>I don't live with people dude
why not? that's how you make it. you have to live with people.

I have an 80k+ job, I didn't come here without one fool.

>he made it
then why are you complaining, faglord

So you make enough per week to cover your rent and utilities for the month... that leaves you 3k of disposable income per month. This is a joke right?

whats with all the literal normalfags with no self awareness here

you arent a robot lmao

i hope someone murders you while you're stopped at an intersection in minecraft with the driving mod

I can make it, but I just can't stop spending.
and I never spend.

still that should be more.

>you arent a robot lmao

been on this board and site longer than you have noob, I

bet you are one of the edgemasters like that dude on vice, he is 22.
How the fuck is he representing Jow Forums/r9k?

He was in elementary school during chanology, and when this board was created.

I live on 3k a month and I live relatively well.

>Rent $450
>internet $40
>Car payment $180

Not too bad.

kill yourself you dumb spoiled shit

where the heck are you?

What is the purpose of this thread? I believe that you probably do need to make more than $80,000 per year to live comfortably in Santa Ana. It's not surprise that most people in Santa Ana make well above the national average. In most of the country you can live comfortably on far less. If you can afford to live where you live then what's the problem? If you can't then find a better job or move.

Texas, also I dont pay income tax.

where in the fuck are you living where rent and deposit cost 2 grand?

it is just insane that it's this much.
I moved to a town 16 miles outside of detroit and made this much and I was living like a Greek God.

>pent house one bed room apartment with a closet that was esentially another room was $800 dollars a month
>free gym/pool/spa with rent
>$29 dollar internet
>groceries were like $20 dollars if I splerged
>gas was like $1.90
>ulities like electric an heat were like $16 dollars

and I made the same amount as I do now
that's what I meant.

Attached: h-DETROIT-LOFTS-628x314.jpg (628x314, 89K)

>47446763
oh, I forgot, milk was like .75 for those gallon jugs
and eggs were .60 for a dozen

Well, you were also in Detroit. Part of what you're paying for now is not being in Detroit. You have to consider how much that is worth for you. Maybe you consider it a good trade off, maybe you don't. I understand the feeling well. I live in San Francisco.

> San Francisco
that's a dope city, but I heard the rent is crazy

>Part of what you're paying for now is not being in Detroit.
True, location location, also
>many interesting ethnicities
>interesting food combos
sushi, tacos?
>game artists and programmers to chill with everywhere

It's easy when you have freinds and connections. My rent is only 300 a month since my landlord is an old friend, guy who was living there first pays for internet for himself and has never asked anyone to chip in, utilities are cheap, and food isn't very expensive when you don't eat out all the time. It's a pretty comfy life and since my expenses are so low despite working any easy part time gig I'll have enough to buy my own place soon which I also intend to rent out rooms in which will cover most of the mortgage itself. For context I'm about an hour outside of DC in NOVA and it's not generally a cheap place to live.

youre so cool and trendy :^)

do you work in irvine? i still have to live with my parents

>that's a dope city, but I heard the rent is crazy

$2,000 per month would be about the minimum that you could pay for a studio. And that would be a perfectly livable but not particularly nice studio.

>about half an hour outside of DC

Fixd.

>move to one of the most expensive places to live
>complain how everything is expensive
just kys, my guy

what happened to dc?
I remember visiting my aunt and it was fucked up when I was a kid, I visited her sometime in 2013 and it was night and day,.
She said the rent was getting so high, that she had to close on an apartment.

>still falling for the rent Jew
>not taking the voluntary homelessness red pill

Combination of police crackdown and gentrification forcing people out becuase they couldn't afford any thing anymore mostly. Then the previously nice suburban neighbourhoods built up around go to shit as people flood in, more urban sprawl occurs as people flee further out like all the development out in Loudoun, decay sets in, and then the gentrification starts anew and the process repeats. Living here my whole life driving around the area from day to day, week to weel, month to month, year by years, feels much like watching time lapse photography playing out.

Jesus Christ you're an entitled little shit. You're making a shit load of money compared to most people. Spoiled retards like you are why parents need to beat their children more.

Dude what the actual fuck. Unless you're making fucking pennies, what you pay is nothing.

Up here in Canada everything costs so fucking much

a job waiting tables is enough money to afford an apartment + okay car in any city assuming you aren't a retard suffocating in student loan debt or suffering from some sort of addiction

I live in a 3rd world shithole and pay the same rent while earning 4 times less, what the fuck.

Youre a fucking retarded senpai.
>$300 on food per month
>$800 for bedroom in Manhattan in apartment shared with 3 women, utilities included
>$60 gym membership
>walk to work, no car required
>1-3K on random shit per year

I'm making $90K as an analyst plus bonus and spending $15K a year max. Its not like I have much free time anyways. I'm sure your area is cheaper than fucking NYC lol...