If it's calories in and calories out when it comes to weight gain or weight loss then what's the point of all diets...

If it's calories in and calories out when it comes to weight gain or weight loss then what's the point of all diets people are suggesting? Does it matter what you eat as long as you eat as many calories as you need and hit your macros?

Attached: 6a40832399e675126afeded98aeba908.jpg (500x376, 54K)

The point of named diets is to further some agenda. For example, Atkins (also known as Paleo, Low-Carb and Keto) is a promotional tool of the meat, dairy, egg and oil industries and so it exists to further a financial agenda, whereas veganism furthers a delusional moral agenda.

CICO controls weight gain/loss
Macro ratios influence your body composition (muscle loss/gain etc), but also how you feel during your diet, how hungry you get and how much energy you have when you work out.
Other factors like when you eat (fasting etc) can help you stick to the diet, which is perhaps the single most important thing. A slow, fairly inefficient diet that most people can stick to easily is more useful in general than an PSMF-style diet that's extremely effective, but that most people will fail.

What kind of food you eat also influences your long term health, but I don't think that's too important when we're talking about a short term diet.

But if you hit your macros and caloric needs, you are following a diet boyo

>Atkins, Paleo, and Keto are all the same thing
Not sure if retarded or joking

Attached: 178F8444-1AE2-471B-BAB6-121C76892262.png (408x450, 35K)

You can do it yourself if you do some research, why follow or even pay for some diets that are written by ''experts''?

>what's the point of all diets people are suggesting
Many reasons some diets don't even exist for weight loss, but for other health purposes
If you're talking about weight loss diets then nutritional "experts" tend to reinvent the wheel every decade to stay relevant
>Does it matter what you eat as long as you eat as many calories as you need and hit your macros?
It's as simple as CICO for weight loss/weight gain but you can only estimate your BMR and TDEE

Not him, but they are pretty fucking similar

no

yes

They are identical in their essential qualities and teleological outlooks, in that they are all the same conspiracy theory designed to advertise the same food products, but presented as diets and lifestyles with minor differences in branding.

Most people don't want to hear about calories ( too complicated / scientific ).
But if you tell them to eat certain things (which are low calorie foods) they'll do it

Keto - high fat, mid protein, no carb
Atkins - high protein, mid fat, no carb
Paleo - no set macros, just don’t eat processed food
I really hope you aren’t serious. They’re really not the same thing

Actually counting calories is much easier because you can't do anything wrong.

I began working out six months ago at 81kg. Now i'm still 81 kg no muslces, no fat loss nothing. I could use a diet because at this rate i will fail my goals.

What have you been doing? No increase it strength?

The general population doesn't want to count the calories in everything that it eats. Knowing what food to eat is much simpler to them. This explains the use of retarded alternatives like WeightWatchers that uses allowed points for food instead of calories

you are either lying or fucking around. I’m a DYEL skinnyfat lanklet who uses the stronglifts app and even I noticed muscles after a fucking month

Food is labelled with a calorie count. How easy do they need it to be? Next thing you know we'll have some kind of subscription services where you have your dinners mailed to your house.

It's simple when you're a bachelor cooking for yourself
I think most people consuming fitness magazines n ting are people with busy lives and a family

It's simple when you're married too. I can't speak for people with kids, but I'm sure that won't be difficult either.