/fat/ - use your brain instead of falling for memes edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/ "people" who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

If you ask for help, remember to include your
>height
>weight
>screenshot of MyFitnessPal/Cronometer food log
>confirmation you've read the OP and the sticky

Last thread

Attached: diet properly.jpg (2724x2213, 573K)

>week 1: 2 days average 6km + 8km steps
>week 2: 3days, 2x at least 6km 1x 8km steps
>week 3: 4x over 8km (1 of them near 10km) 1x 6km
>week 4: until today: 12,9km 10km 9km
Feels good but like 1-2km comes from the day everything else from walking

Happy hungry Wednesday anons! I hope everyone is doing well. After a weekend of celebrating being under 200, I got back up to 200...so guess I'm never doing that again. Anyways we are changing our lifestyle, and it is a big step but we can all do it! Remember, count your calarios, get plenty of exercise and drink tons of water, because we are all gonna make it!!!

Attached: 82F58821_F415_4089_95A0_042C27B08519.png (1000x708, 1.01M)

6'1 reporting in. Most likely you won't see abs at 75kg.

What's your goal weight? What is your target date?
>170lbs
>End of December 2018

Attached: progress-front.jpg (1101x446, 117K)

Nice to see the quotes around people.
>sw 310
>cw 211
>gw 180ish
>height 6’2
I broke a bad plateau this summer and I am happy to see progress. Can’t wait to get to sub 200. 194 is not overweight for my height. Anyone stay in this general after loosing the weight?

80-90 g of small tomatoes, rounded up, counted as 100g
80-90 g of marinated shellfish, rounded up, counted as 100g
250ish g of goat cheese, rounded up, counted as 300g

Realistically, this should be way under 1500 kcal. Why do I feel so bad and full then? Is it because I omad-ed it? I used to eat kilograms of cakes and trash fast-food. Am I genuinely developing an eating disorder?
191 cm, 88 kg.

Attached: 1532160387205.jpg (1719x1271, 154K)

You're like a bizarro version of me. Same height and your starting weight, current weight, and goal weight are all around 10lbs higher than mine ()

I don't have a goal weight nor a target date. I hope that I'll regocnize my goal upon reaching there, whenever that might be, even if it isn't anything concrete. Probably wont go below a normal BMI though.

>two years ago
>start going to uni by bike and eat clean
>down to 100 kg from 135
>finish uni
>thinking I can find a job fast
>it doesn't happen
>sit at home while looking for a job and doing freelance stuff
>go back up to 120 kg again

I want to fucking kill myself.

>not having a goal

>156kg, down from 167
>working out 5-6 days a week for almost 2 months
>STILL cant do a single pushup
i cant fucking stand this even knee pushups are hard as fuck for me

Attached: afa2f95fca72aeed660fc4a49f6cd30d70f69d2fb000c9114af3cd6b7e9d4b21.png (280x280, 103K)

Alright anons, home stretch. keep in mind I'm 195cm/6'4".

>Started at 138kg(about 300-305lbs)
>down to about 100kg(220-225lbs)
>just moved back into my apartment in America(I'm here for university/to run my business)
>lived with my girlfriend's family this summer(very complicated situation with my visa + lot of trouble at home) and used the YMCA for the first time, not a fan
>Currently down to 1000-1500 kcal each day, intermittent fasts from about 8 PM to 3 PM
>Picked those times as that includes when I get back from class, time spent in the gym immediately after, time for a protein supplement, and a bit longer of a break before dinner

I had initially set my goal for 200-210 pounds but I think I'm ready to start bulking again, and I really really fucking hate not eating at all. I only have a little bit of fat left but it's still noticeable. I also have MASSIVE purple-red stretch marks on my stomach which give a pretty good identification of how much I've lost.

Should I start bulking now? What do you anons think?

Also keep in mind I only make about 3500USD a month though that's been scaled quite quickly so it might improve. Regardless I'm still on a tight budget.

Attached: Q1ClaNY.jpg (506x552, 55K)

What does that picture even mean

I didn't say I don't have a goal, I just don't have a goal weight, goal BMI nor a goal bf%, it's much more abstract than that. Rejoicing in every gram I lose is good enough for me so I guess I'm reaching and setting new goals daily.

As far as a specific date goes, it hardly matters. I just do what I can and I'll be done when I'm done. And if we really think about, none of us will ever really be done, it's a journey of a lifetime.

Down 53.9 kg, currently at 97.9 kg with a BMI of 28.60.

redpill me on the water retention meme

Sup guys.
Not a fatfuck and never have been one.

But I hope all you guys are gonna make it.
Have a good day!

Appreciate it user
yes I'd also like to know

People who do meme diets like IF, keto, etc are the same idiots that fall for get-rich-quick-schemes, MLM scams, etc and are a turnoff to femjak.

>push up
Do you mean pull up? I could easily do 50kg bench press but can‘t do a fucking pull up.
For push ups do shit for your breast like swimming, get small weights do butterfly etc

WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT

Attached: 51455.jpg (500x496, 69K)

I CANT DO A PUSHUP OR A PULLUP

Attached: file.png (220x229, 58K)

ive heard swimming is a good general exercise but is it that effective of a workout?
and yeah push up is what im gunning for but pull up is a pipe dream at this stage
i just want to do what i couldnt when i was in school

Then go get some weights, like 5kg and do butterfly, bench press etc.

keep dieting fatty youre still fat

anons?

Breaststroke builds up your deeper muscles. Also it trains your whole body. After like 1 hour swimming my whole upper body gets buffed up.

When you use the TDEE calculators, what would be considered exercise to them?

I lift everyday except Sundays, but I wouldn't consider it to be "heavy exercise" with lots of increased heart rate. I also jog 1 mile about 3-4 times per week, but including my warm up walk, that only lasts less than 15 minutes.

If you can't do a pullup, I would start by just doing the negative motion. Just get chair and step off the chair with your chin above the bar. Lower yourself as slow as you can. Do 4 sets of 8-10 reps.

Always do your TDEE calculations as sedentary and work around that. Don't add calories onto it from exercise and don't eat "earned calories" from exercise either.

> 4 chicken tendies (240 grams)
> 60 grams of low fat cheese
> 4 tortillas
> 750 kcals
Holy shit MFP makes planning meals so god damn easy.
What did /fat/ have for lunch today?

Attached: 1522974704023.jpg (784x645, 91K)

This last 20-15 lbs is fucking killing me. I've lost 100 lbs in the past 2 years but since June I've been hovering at the same weight just 15ish lbs away from my goal.

I cut out all sweets (except for a random cookie or something every couple weeks at a social occasion or something) and worked up to running 2 miles 4 days a week, but then I started drinking more beer.

Still hovering at the same weight so this week I finally got mad and decided to get strict and stick to just one beer per week and not eating any kind of snack or anything outside of my carefully portioned 2 meals per day.

Attached: 1506275166982.jpg (554x306, 23K)

Post your "Calories Consumed" report for the last 90 days (MFP) or 8 weeks (Cronometer).

Also post your height and current weight

Anyone else see the thread on Reddit about the guy that lost 300+ pounds? his skin was a fucking mess.
Is that going to happen to me? I need to lose around 120 pounds.

Attached: 1531969964490.png (483x470, 184K)

>Also post your height and current weight
5'11" 180 lbs currently

Never did a calorie tracker- for most of my weight loss I just stuck strictly to 2 carefully portioned meals a day so it was pretty easy just add it up in my head.

I've just gradually gotten less strict about it this summer. Also haven't been getting on Jow Forums much this summer. Steady lurking of these threads plus /fph/ will keep me strong to power through these last 20 lbs over the next few months.

Come on man you knos what to do. Up that run to 4 miles 4 days a week and cut another 500 cals a day. And stop with the beer.

Attached: 4EDEC333-3A04-40C9-8367-BF515C9EF05D.jpg (625x768, 74K)

You'll almost definitely have some loose skin. It surely won't be as bad as someone who lost 300+ lbs but even if you get down to a healthy BF% it will probably still be quite some time and you'll probably need to do some lifting before you'll look "good" without a shirt on.

Don't let that discourage you though. Buy some undershirts that are a size too small and you'll look fine with clothes on. It's still many times better than being fat.

> Not using a calories tracker
Never gonna make it
The first few tens of pounds are easy since you're a fatty and simply eating like a "normal" person would make you lose weight, but once you start slimming down you really need to get into the nitty gritty of things to optimize your meals.
Being a manlet doubly so since your TDEE will be super low. Those "carefully portioned" meals could easily bring you to maintenance or above.
Count your fucking calories.

120lbs and 300 are a lot different.

Pic is me after ~100lbs lost. A little loose skin on my ass (where I lost most of the weight) but nothing terrible and should fill in with squats (hopefully). None yet on my stomach, but still have a huge gut.

Attached: progress-full.jpg (4050x1160, 679K)

"I can't lose the weight!"
"No, I haven't been counting my calories"

This is happening far too often with you fatties

Attached: 1528235754049.png (800x600, 130K)

holy shit dude, i remember you from last year on /fat/

doing really well for yourself bro. i'm proud that you've been sticking to the regime and seeing great results in yourself. absolute lad. well done.

Well now I'm going to do it without a calorie counter just to prove I can. Thanks for the extra motivation I guess.

We have a few of those every once in a while. Like the roastie that claimed to be "on a diet" eating things like pasta.

Attached: 1530602489933.png (713x611, 26K)

Water and black coffee.
Gotta be humble and stay hungry.

This is my actual first body pic but the angle was bad so I don't use it.

Attached: 2017-05-01.jpg (1944x2592, 694K)

Why would anyone care what femjak thinks, though?

and side pic is even worse

Attached: 2017-05-06.jpg (972x1296, 199K)

I'm not saying I can't lose the weight dumbass. Read my post again. I'm just saying this last little bit is more challenging than it has been up until now. So I'm doubling down on my resolve and getting serious about it once again.

I would have thought you'd be happy for me but your derision is probably even better motivation. I don't need a fucking app to keep track of how many calories I eat.

damn i remember seeing these images bro

you're well on your way to making it

It's just like it sounds. If you eat a lot of sodium your body starts absorbing water which will lead to a sense of stagnation when in reality you're still burning fat but getting bloated with water.
Nobody posting here should worry about water retention because the goal as a fatty is to get rid of fat. You should worry about your sodium consumption because it can lead to high blood pressure, but you shouldn't worry because of the water retention.
Just don't shower your food in salt or seasonings and you will be fine. Also avoid high sodium meals like lunch ham and weenies.

Why is it that the higher bmis have so much less hair

> I don't need no garn nigger darng komputer i can use a typewriter like when i was young now those were for real men
Ok grandpa.

Attached: 1524457036633.gif (840x488, 511K)

Not him but I track mine in Notepad

Attached: 1533946335722.gif (467x398, 70K)

Nobody here will cuddle you if you're almost at the goal and not doing shit properly. If you're a 150 kilos fatty it's easier to accommodate a beer or six every once in a while, so no big deal, but when you start getting near your goal you need to get serious if you want to make it.
You're so far into it yet failing at basic concepts explained in pretty much every thread.

the last pounds are definitely the hardest to lose, however, here's a question for you. Have you been eating like this for a while? How do you know your TDEE has not gone down and you need to eat even less?

> Not painting your mammoth meat calories in the wall of the cave for trug to mir
no gon mak it

Attached: 1521280456429.jpg (211x239, 8K)

I've already lost 100 lbs so of course my TDEE has gone down...

But for this home stretch I'm going to to stick to 1200 calories/day with one 2000 calorie "cheat day" per week. I'm sure someone here's going to shit on the idea of a cheat day now, but I'll be sure to post back here in a few months when I've hit my goal.

>but when you start getting near your goal you need to get serious if you want to make it.
But the whole point of my post was to say that I finally have decided to "get serious."

>fall for keto meme
>lunch: shitload of green veggies, tomato, grilled chicken
>still hungry as fuck

>halfway through fast day and no hunger pangs yet

Attached: 1532969560259.jpg (379x568, 27K)

Another day another chicken dinner

Attached: zdgjzs.png (665x485, 152K)

>pic related
noice
saved to my /fat/ memes folder

> 6'1
> Weigh 285lbs
> Get told all the time I look like I weigh 250
I can do 20 push ups in a row, do I just have a shit ton of muscle I don't know about?

how many calories so far today? I eat a lot of veggies (about 2lbs daily) and stay full.

You probably have muscle, but also a lot of fat. Post body

Attached: 20180820_215306.jpg (1551x1750, 1.09M)

lots of fat, lots of muscle, even more sexiness ;)

Oh stop it you, you're making me blush.

fuuuuuck offffffffffffff

You're pretty fat. You could stand to lose at least 80lbs.

Just make sure you lift so you don't lose the muscle.
Degenerates like you belong on a cross.

>"degenerates like you belong on a cross"
>just like jesus
amen

There isn't even 80 pounds of fat on that guy.

Are you looking at the same picture I am? His gut is like 6 inches in front of his hips.

It's hard to tell from a picture, but his waist size (at navel, not below his gut where he probably wears his pants) is probably in the mid 40s.

I wear 38s....

>at navel, not below his gut where he probably wears his pants
Also, your pants size isn't your waist size.

Attached: file.png (550x609, 608K)

Waist size at navel about 46. Where I wear my pants is 38. Got fitted for a suit recently.

>took the sleeve pill little over a month ago
>just broke 40lbs lost this morning
Another 60lbs to go boys and I'm pretty sure I can sneak most of it in by the end of the year.

Attached: 1535292848107.jpg (480x640, 41K)

So assuming that is accurate (and that is inches, not the size they gave you), your waist:height ratio is 0.63. Healthy cutoff is 0.50. For your height, that would be 36".

You need to lose at least 10 inches, so 80lbs is probably being generous. Losing 100lbs will put you in a healthy BMI range, which is probably closer to what you need to do. You can always re-evaluate as you get closer, like I have.

>FatMax

BMI is still something that is used? I thought we were supposed to go off bf% because BMI isn't an accurate form of measurement.

BMI is much better for large groups than for individuals, but it gives you a rough estimate of where most people should be based on height. That's why I couched it with "probably closer" and saying you can re-evaluate as you get closer.

Since I only have 3 measurements from you (height, weight, waist size) I'm working with what I've got.

So.. fucking... hungry...

think... about... future... gf...

must... PERSEVERE...

Attached: fat feel 3.png (600x857, 246K)

How tall are you?
More spread out

Why does keto work so well for so many people but everyone on this board fails at it? There is a fat old guy at my gym who lost shitloads of weight and stopped needing pills for his diabetes on it.

Literally me lmao. Except I cant do any pushups because my left leg has nerve damage.

Eat the fucking pickle

Attached: 3456345734.png (863x1024, 1.93M)

are you the pickle mustard guy

6'2"
You should at least set something to aim for like "lose 30lbs by the end of the year) sort of thing. It helps keep you on track instead of just meandering.
I get really fucking hairy (back, chest, legs) and when I was heavier I got really hot and sweaty due to the fat+hair combo so I trimmed it pretty frequently.

Pic is closer to normal for me.

Attached: 2018-07-04 Front and Side.jpg (2275x1600, 946K)

I don't even like pickles, they're fucking disgusting.

So does my right leg, why is that an excuse?

Technically someone else in these threads gave me the idea but I keep mentioning it. Someone said it was too satly. I think it is fucking delicious.

Suck on the pickle or no girl will sucks yours.

>Suck on the pickle or no girl will sucks yours.
Then I'd rather stay an incel, I'm not going anywhere near that.

>"I'm not going anywhere near that"
sounds familiar

Because im incapable doing the correct form because I can't pivot my toes on the ground. I have foot drop in my left ankle/foot

fuck bros i cracked again and got a 750ml can of 8% malt liquor deer piss. ill feel good for the next hour or so but after that will be regret and suffering

lost 25lbs within the last month AMA

Attached: 25lbs Weight Loss resized.jpg (3264x1382, 967K)

Was it your first month?
Height?
Weight?
How many calories per day?

25 lbs in a month, that's pretty impressive, congrats. Literally how? What's your target weight?

it's been a constant effort for the previous year but the weight didn't start coming off within this month

I'm 5'3, currently 140lbs

I'm consuming anywhere from 500-1200 calories per day but I honestly stopped counting

Attached: IMG_20180823_182154.jpg (1272x2712, 993K)

Post em

Attached: SmartSelect_20180829-181526_Samsung Health.jpg (1373x2017, 336K)