All Meat Diet

Has anyone actually tried this yet?

Attached: Episode-929-Is-an-All-Meat-Diet-Healthy-with-Shawn-Baker-MD.jpg (600x300, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=isIw2AN_-XU
lmgtfy.com/?q=ketosis and fatty liver
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilhjalmur_Stefansson
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>40 year old boomer with skin cancer

yep that’s about what I’d expect

Check out Shawn baker blood work.

He gave himself low test from eating just beef

He looks like he roids though. Wouldn't his test level be low if he stopped for a blood test?

If you're not eating carbs, your workouts suffer. And if your workouts suffer, you're probably going to work out less and that's when all that saturated fat is just going to build up in your veins and fuck up your lipid profile.

Sounds just like a fad diet for fatasses and douchey dudes who just want an excuse to say they're "carnivores"

Nah, I'd never do that. Think about how much of a logistical pain in the ass it would be to eat nothing but meat. You'd need to either dedicated a ton of freezer space and then factor in thaw time for the meat, or you'd need to be making multiple trips to the grocery store per week. And you could never "just eat" something. Gotta prep and cook everything.

And most importantly how fucking expensive that would be. Meat is typically the most expensive stuff on your grocery list. Eating nothing but meat just sounds excessive. It's something bourgeois richfags would do, sort of like the flip-side of the bourgeois richfags like Gwyneth Paltrow and her lmao7lime diet.

Might as well try it as blood tests and gut microbe data reveal it won't do any harm in the short term at least. Maybe it will really make you feel great. Especially if some food intolerance is currently affecting you without your knowledge.

Remember he is NOT A FUCKING MD THAT SNAKE OIL BASTARD

Yup

I bet he has the cardiovascular endurance of an 80 years old woman.
I bet after 3 miles he gets a heart attack

I mean, having or not having an MD doesn't miraculously qualify your dietary advice as good. Most med students get 0-6 hours of education of nutrition and fitness in 4 years of medical school. That's it. They may know more from self-learning, but that's not a part of having an MD

the point is that he still introduces himself as a MD
he is not one
Its like me going into a hospital and pretend I'm a doctor just because I've watched Dr. House
>having or not having an MD doesn't miraculously qualify
you are right, that's why you listen to people who are expertise in this field.

Just going to casually ignore all published findings that correlate high fat diets to cancer, stroke, heart disease

Flat Earth tier

They dont suffer. After a period of adaptation you will make enough glucose from the protein.
He has world records in rowing if I'm remembering correctly.

>He has world records in rowing if I'm remembering correctly.

kek

>but muh correlations
nah my dude, they dont mean anything if they aren't at least greater than 2. meat correlation is a 1.3 in the most cherrypicked studies.
Anyone that knows anything about how correlations work in studies knows this.

That means his cardio is better than yours. I bet 200 dollars he's bigger than you too. :)

I'm going to go with the vast literature out there and the organizations dedicated to decreasing heart disease, cancer, stroke

Ironic how the high fat people cling onto "bro just don't believe it." There's no links to high fat diets being good for anyone

Unless it's personal fish and game, you're going broke on this diet.

>low test
>in his 40s
>holds multiple weightlifting world records
You place way too much importance on a fucking number.

Except for people who have Liver failure, no alcoholic fatty liver, epilepsy...etc.

He actually just came off of the roids and crashed his test levels into the earth so he could take that test and show that he wasn't on roids.

But, dude is on trt AT LEAST.

You can get Ribeye for $5/lb. 2 lbs a day is 2500 calories. $10 a day on a cut. Maybe $15 on a bulk.

Yeah in specialized cases where a serious illness has occurred, great just apply to this everyone. Makes sense

youtube.com/watch?v=isIw2AN_-XU

>$5/lb for ribeye
We're not all lucky to be flyovers. Anyways these diets are used by cultures such as crossfit to exclude poors and their riff raff.

Why do eskimos not all die of heart failure by 30? All they eat is meat and fat their whole lives

Terrible argument really. If a simple diet change has been shown to cure those ailments then you can infer that more rigorous testing needs to be done with the general public to see if it improves health across the board.

I'm willing to take my chances. Sugar has been linked to aggravating disease more than fat has.

There definitely isn't any evidence it would be healthier than a balanced diet that included items other than meat...

It'd also be far more enviornementaly costly and contribute much more to pollution and global warming, and, quite likely shorten life span since all sorts of good shit like leafy greens, tea, etc. are plant based and shit like whey is not meat.

Not really.
You don't need that much veg at all apparently.

shawn baker is low test and has literal gyno(not even puffy nips, just actual mammary gland tissue overgrowth)
I think his diet is retarded and anyone that follows it is a guilible retard boomer

Apparently meat has a look of vitamins too.

>far more enviornementaly costly and contribute much more to pollution and global warming
Thanks Ma'am.

It must feel pretty good to look down on all of us from that moral high-ground.

He's quite obviously juicing. He has a Scooby bod.

He holds 0 weightlifting world records
he holds only bullshit national powerlifting records in his weight class and age category, aka meaningless
He is good at indoors rowing(pffffft), that's it.
he's not even nearly as strong as he used to be when he actually competed at push pull meets, he's actually significantly weaker, reason why he doesn't post his conventional deadlift and bench press anymore, because he's noticeably weaker.
Inb4 nuthuggers defending this piece of trash lying about his strength, he is weaker now and he has 0 evidence that he's making any progress.
He's just getting better at indoors rowing, that's it.

Why would a diet high in saturated fat which promotes fatty liver and visceral fat accumulation be good for someone with a fatty liver?

lmgtfy.com/?q=ketosis and fatty liver

In my country 1kg of ribeye steak(less than 200g protein) costs over 17 pounds.
And that's the shittiest quality ribeye steak you can get at a grocery store, grain fed shit.
Inb4 retards claiming this diet is cheap or sustainable in any way, it isn't, and you are literally buying the shittiest cuts of meat possible.

>sugar
define sugar
Also saturated fat has been actually shown to be pro inflammatory, more so than any other fat besides trans fats, not to mention it promotes the most visceral fat gain, this isn't even an association or link, this is actual mechanistic data.

Right back at you, brainlet.

Attached: let me google that for you.jpg (841x510, 77K)

You can cure that fatty liver with 1000mg of inositol(sp?) and choline taken every day.

You'll shit like a goose through a tin horn but your liver will apparently be as clean as a virgins snatch.

I don't know why people attack outside the box thinking on diet. I think it's interesting to hear different ideas. Especially when it's backed up in the real world like the Inuit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilhjalmur_Stefansson

Explored the Arctic and lived to be 84 on a all meat diet. Studied by leading doctors in a year long controlled experiment and found to be perfectly healthy.

>when it's backed up in the real world like the inuit
It's time to stop reading retarded paleo blogs and fat loss transformation stories on reddit by obese single moms and middle aged boomers, inuits were never healthier than westerners, there has never been any actual data that showed traditional inuit health in a good light, none, 0, it's all anecdote and old stories by explorers.

I'm not saying they're healthier just that they can live on animal fat and meat.

Or you could just eat a balanced diet instead.

I should do this. I used to drink heavily and this has been a concern.

You mean they can live on badly cooked/raw animal fat, meat, organs and the leftovers in their stomaches and guts, alongside a STRONG resistance to the state of ketosis out of genetic mutation(which was very selective, since it's only found in the artic).
The keyword is "live", they didn't thrive.

Their dental health was objectively better.

They also died much earlier(taking into account child mortality) and had heart issues and were intolerant to fasting and had extremely high child mortality caused by their intolerance to fasting and the state of ketosis(children HAD to be fed often or they died, because inuit babies just like inuit adults are unable to produce many ketones, much less than that of the average non artic human).
Saying stuff like "well they had better this or that" is an extremely isolating narrow way of looking at health.
They had better teeth on average because they virtually 0 sugar in their diet that, such a thing is possible on a non traditional inuit diet.
And no western eats a traditional inuit diet, one that btw includes eating the literal skin and fat of whales that contain enormous ammounts of vitamin C.

I ate whale in Japan.

>Bachelor Of Arts University Of Texas At Austin - Biology 1989
>Doctor Of Medicine Texas Tech Health Science University - 2001 (Graduated With Honors)
>Completed 5 Year Orthopedic Surgical Residency - University Of Texas 2006
>Chief Of Orthopedics Kirtland Air Force Base
>Chief Of Orthopedics Luke Air Force Base
>Chief Of Orthopedic Trauma - Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan 2007 - 600 Surgeries
>Lead Surgeon Of 12 Provider Orthopaedic Surgical Group Private Practice Until 2016

looks like an MD to me, faggot

This is why I'll never do it. Way too fucking expensive. There's a reason it's guys like Baker and Peterson who do this stuff.

mattdoesfitness or wqhatever his name is posted a vid yesterday showing his t-levels and they are low, he then mentioned joe delaney and rob lipsett too, the first one had low t as well and the other too buyt apparently it was taken during a prep(?)

those two dudes are definitely roiding, lipsett looks pretty normal

What about all meat could cause low test? Increase in aromatase from lack of eating aromatase inhibitors in vegetables?

I don't know but I don't see how restricting yourself to X would help, it's just another side of the coin of unecessary extremism.
I eat meat and fish daily, I like to have one of them for lunch and the other for dinner BUT I incorporate ALWAYS some vegetables and carbs like rice and potatoes(I try to get most of these around my workouts and they consist of around 40-45% of my kcals, more is unecessary since I dont do much outside lifting and walking)

just eat a regular diet of meats, eggs, cheeses, veggies, potatoes, rice, fruit and you're set

I'd like to try to reduce but not eliminate carbs and vegetables but then you read anecdotes from Petersen etc that say if they slip up and have anything but meat they feel like shit for a long time.

>muh eskimos
they are literally genetically adapted to their diet. \

you dont need absurd amounts of them but they're still needed, veggies are micronutrient rich and carbs fuel your workouts and muscle building, try like 30% protein 25%fat and 45% carbs and then adjust from there(either lowering carbs and upping fats or the opposite), every individual is different and petersen has some kind of problem iirc, a special and rare case.

if you were an endurance athlete or something theres no way in hell you could reduce carbs,quite the opposite

All of those studies inlcude shit like sausage, hot dogs, and deli meats in their red meat category, and they never distinguish what the rest of their diet is like. Someone drinking 12 sodas a day and only eating deli meats and hot dogs would fit into those studies

Jow Forums is still in the fat is bad stage? Wow I thought you guys were more WOKE.

>The basic scientific fact that farming meat causes more GHG emissions and uses 20-50 times more land and energy depending on the stock causes people to get their giners sandy.

Sorry your fee fees got so hurt.

Watch their argument won't change when meat is lab grown for almost nothing. They just love plants.