Do you read books, Jow Forums?

Do you read books, Jow Forums?

Attached: shiiiet.jpg (720x720, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AaCGqfn_qzs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ya. but it takes years for the next book in the series to publish

I actually bought that book, couldn't even finish it. It basically a book for narcissists by a narcissist.

Reading for the sake of reading is for brainlets. Intelligent people can reason through general concepts on their own without having to have it explained to them in a book. Obviously if it's a specialized book like home gardening for dummies, then it's worth a read if you're doing home gardening.

no but i probably should
also
>mustard yellow pants
>jean jacket
>striped shirt
lmao

what do people gain from posts like thsi

>to smart 2 rid bewks

Attached: 6hn.jpg (856x846, 64K)

Not as much as I should. The last book I read was neuromancer a few months ago.

What books are you even describing here as just general concept books? Fiction or any instructional book doesn't cover it.

I'm too dumb to read, I don't remember anything

Yes, but not "intelligent" reading that is expected from questions like this. I'm currently reading the Harry Potter series because I never read it before. It's pretty enjoyable.

>Intelligent people can reason through general concepts on their own without having to have it explained to them in a book
i remember being 14

>smart
>not smort

Yes, I finished Dead Souls three days ago and I've started Death in the Afternoon by Hemingway, 100 pages in so far.

Nope, my brain cannot calm down enough for me to be able to read. Also I'd forget everything anyways

Yeah been reading a few books recently, currently working through the Belgariad, On book 4 right now about a quarter of the way through. Just got a big stack of books to read through since my brother moved out and left a bunch in his old room. got a bunch of nature books and that sort of thing that i wanna read through, i just need to spend less time on my computer to be able to read through them all.

>the 48 laws of power

Has anyone actually taken the time to apply these rules? It's almost like a meme book series at this point.

Attached: smile.png (363x471, 230K)

Typically, but I've been struggling to get into any since graduating because of the job hunt void.

No, no motivation, no focus, no attention, no interest

Yeah, but I'm a slow reader, sometimes it takes me months to read a few hundred pages and I usually forget most stuff by the time I'm halfway through the book. Usually, when I'm done reading a book, I read a summary of it online in order to actually know what the hell I've just read.

Been reading pic related but some of the chapter long anecdotes really tried my attention span and I regressed into reading 40k shit again.

Attached: 98AB55F6-B47E-4FA9-8887-C030C89AF420.jpg (407x630, 57K)

Yeah I read some classics from time to time.

I try not to clutter my head with nonsense so I just chill

>try not to clutter my head with nonsene
>is on Jow Forums

Depends, right now i'm reading this book, great laughs and is great for small talk while drinking beer or smoking weed socially, also a reminder why my homeland is a fucking shithole.

Attached: 9786070744150.jpg (370x370, 30K)

Yes, but nothing super intellectual. Mostly Warhammer and other fantasy books. Just finished The Tiger's Daughter which was very enjoyable even though the author looks like she just crawled out of a feminist chant parade.

No not often. I've read about 4 books this year

Attached: 1518929127110.jpg (1180x1084, 114K)

I like reading. It is my main past time =. =

yes. i am currently reading through William Gibson's catalog so i can have a strong foundation in Cyberpunk before branching out in the genre.
even though he is a pedo, i enjoy Allen Ginsberg's writings as he is the more introspective writer of the beat generation.

>4 a year

Still better than nothing user. If you want to read more but never find the motivation, just keep a book or two near the toilet so you have something to pass the time with. I find it very relaxing, personally.

Recently I started reading The Sisters Brothers, a dark comedic western following brothers Eli and Charlie Sisters on their way to kill a prospector who stole from their employer The Commodore.

Its pretty fucking fun. Chapters can be as little as half a page, or up to about 15, and it takes the form of something like a road trip novel. Picaresque, as they call it on the back of the book.

Just two dudes out in the old west bickering and killing people. Eli in particular has very robot qualities.

The film should be interesting as well.
youtu.be/AaCGqfn_qzs

Attached: 42ECA7D3-715F-4D4F-81BB-DD9592309478.jpg (215x325, 33K)

Has varying degrees of success but will 100% make you hated. 33 strategies is by the same author and vastly superior

Fake news.

Niggers can't read.

>Want to read more but am overwhelmed by the sheer number of books available
>start worrying about how you'll never be able to read but a tiny fraction of books
>choice anxiety and fomo kicks in
>don't end up choosing anything most of the time
I know it's fucking stupid and that I should just pick something and roll with it. I have the same issue with other forms of media.

I read the classics and similar shit.
Haven't been able to read in the recent months. No motivation, can't concentrate. Not the right state of mind.

I'm glad to find similar people ITT.

Yeah. Comprehension is very low right now.

No wonder ricepot hates you.

>Gibson
Based.

read and enjoyed reading 33 strategies of war

still haven't really applied it, but it seems less edgy than something like the 48 rules. granted, this is r9k, and most of us don't interact with people in ways that we'd need use those 'rules'. At least 33 strategies can be used in games and shit of that nature, theoretically