/fat/ - I have to admit it's getting better edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/ people who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

If you ask for help, remember to include your
>height
>weight
>screenshot of MyFitnessPal/Cronometer food log
>confirmation you've read the OP and the sticky

Last thread

Attached: 2hTZiP6WR0QhnH6A4WVVXTEUR4e-P3NlBmj6rMufah4[1].png (640x640, 544K)

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/119867-body-fat-percentage-abs/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27136388
academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/72/4/946/4729400
myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/not-starving-but-metabolic-adaptation-and-weight-loss-567546
youtu.be/zk0ursuD4gg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>have lost 5 pounds since finally deciding to loose weight 4 days ago
Don't even care that its probably mostly water weight/natural fluctuations it feels good as fuck.

Attached: 1622_Rei_only.jpg (3180x3280, 1.75M)

I've lost 90 since deciding to lose weight 6 months ago, and it feels fucking good man. Today I went out for dinner in a shirt that I literally couldn't button down before, and it actually looked okay on me

reposting this because of new thread.

currently at 6'1/2" and 180lbs
how much left to cut?
when will my bitch tits completely go?
will i ever see abs?
(background edited because i'm a paranoid fuck)

Attached: 1535658890361.jpg (1080x1440, 92K)

>people

Attached: wrong.jpg (250x250, 12K)

>mistakenly drank 175ml of lemon honey scented after shave lotion

Attached: 50292848.jpg (983x752, 98K)

based

Attached: 1519368942861.jpg (960x960, 66K)

why'd you hide the phone? now i wanna know even more

>how much left to cut?
~20-30 pounds
>when will my bitch tits completely go?
yes, you just have to be patient
>will i ever see abs?
yes, when you lose enough weight. you don't have any loose skin, you just still have a thin layer of fat on your belly. continue to cut hard while lifting weights for a couple more months and you should look great

Been doing this for the past nine or so months and trust me when I say it continues to feel amazing. Started at 325as of early November 2017, decided to do keto, and now I'm down to 211. Still disgustingly fat for my body type (6'2 but all of my fat hangs around my stomach) but every bit of progress has made me more confident, happy, and pleasant to be around.

Don't fall into the cheating trap.

trump is a fat fuck too, don't kid yourselves

Attached: IMG_6083-1280x640[1].jpg (1280x640, 126K)

fuck trump is one disgusting nibber

you really think 20-30 pounds?
i was hoping more like 10-15.
damn, keep cutting hard it is.

yes sir. probably closer to 20 though. the threshold for visible abs is a very, very low BF%.

livestrong.com/article/119867-body-fat-percentage-abs/

>To reveal abdominal definition, and possibly a six-pack, most men need to achieve a body fat percentage of six to nine percent

get your bodyfat% measured somewhere, and work from there. There exist scales that can measure it for you. if abs are you goal, it's probably a good idea to invest in one.

depends on what your BF% is my dude. If you lack lean muscle, especially in your abdomen, no amount of weight loss is gonna get you abs, you'll just very slowly turn into a hungry skeleton.

Raise your cut a little. Yeah you'll lose slower, but it'll pay off in the skin department. Make sure that your primary macro is Protein. Alternatively, add more daily cardio and fast your way to skeledom, then do a DYEL bulk (GOMAD, etc)

Week 3 is officially done lads. Feeling great

Attached: Screenshot_20180830-152706.png (1080x1920, 117K)

good job user, never give upperu

Attached: pp,550x550.u1[1].jpg (519x550, 33K)

I think this body fat percentage is too low, but I'm still happy to be making progress.

Attached: body fat progress.png (1200x600, 119K)

No that's autistic internet stats bodyfat. Real abs start to become visible under 15%, are pretty defined by 12.

Look at DEXA scans for anyone sub 10%. Basically don't exist. I saw a bodybuilder who was prepping for a contest and was a day out. Barely under 9%

It's not that much better, lovehandles and belly is still there. 99 kg you said, and 191 cm same as me? Do you have any lifting/sports or just general better shape history? I've been fat my whole life, all 26 years of it, in fact today I'm lighter than I've ever been since 7th grade. But yeah, could be my genetics are bad as fuck, not denying because I can't build muscle as fast as pretty much every other dude I know, and I get fat easily. I'm also low test (had blood work done recently) so there's that, could be from years of neglect though. Thinking on fucking going on TRT if my test levels don't improve with one year of lifting and life improvements and better nutrition. We'll see by next summer, I'll lurk here in the meanwhile.

Thinking of substituting a proper dinner for a banana milkshake. thoughts?

Why not just inject sugar directly into your veins?

Attached: 1511746248640.png (248x459, 174K)

Guys, I was /keto/ for a month, and decided that it didn't matter if I had carbs, what mattered ultimately was the calorie count. I've started to eat rice again, etc, and stay at the same or lower calories.

Over the last three days I've not only stagnated, I gained a lb. What is going on?

Feel nervous anons.

Weigh food and count calories on MFP. Always a big chunk under my calorie limit - but feel like I'm really eating a lot and don't feel deprived.

I see a personal trainer a few times a week who tells me how many calories to eat and looks at my food diary. Says not to weigh myself (had a habit in past of cutting calories a lot - loosing weight - then snapping -giving up and gaining back).

I look like I've lost some weight - my clothes fit better. But I feel worried I'm eating too much (gonna try and start eating more veggies and less rice) and not loosing.

Do you guys think this is okay? Gonna speak to my trainer next week.

shit idea, you WILL be hungry afterwards

Glycogen stores repleting and a possible averse reaction to flooding your body with insulin again. What else are you eating and when do you eat?

Alright cool. I'll stick to regular dinner and maybe chew some gum after

I'm doing OMAD, yesterday was butter chicken and rice, I know not the most healthy but it put me at 1200 kcal.

everyone has this issue. Me, you, everyone else in this thread. We're all developing eating disorders without even realizing, going from eating too much shit to too little shit.

post your most recent complete day, fatties
no shame

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-08-30 23-18-12.png (621x646, 51K)

based bugs poster

Attached: 1504998323265.png (707x532, 519K)

got no idea what you're talking about that boi is THICC

>measuring half inches in height
Fitness isn't your problem, low self esteem is

I wouldn't combine carbs and fats like that on an OMAD diet personally. Plenty of people can do OMAD and a lazier keto where you go up to around 60g of carbs but if you're trying to be as effective as possible it's better to either keep limiting carbs to 20g or carb cycle while limiting how much you mix carbs with fat and protein.

nigger do you do literally no exercise? you need to eat 700 more calories a day and do an hour of hard cardio, then you'll actually have a lifestyle change. you eat like a malnourished girl

>nibber
Hello newfriend

This is a bit depressing.

Gonna push on with counting though - being fat is probably worse for me than anything else right now healthwise.

Gonna talk to my PT and see if they think I should eat less.

I've also not been strictly weighing my veggies (like I'll cut up an onion and cook it and instead of weighing the actual onion I just put '1 onion' into MFP). Always weigh carbs though (really only whole grain rice and pasta) - so hopefully it's not bad

Seriously. If that's over the course of an entire day he's going to shoot past normal straight into Auschwitz mode after he wrecks his metabolism.

right now i couldn't care less, i'll focus on shit like that when jogging doesn't crush my knees into a bloody pulp

it was a one off anyway, i usually go for 1400, but had to make up for a couple beers i had the previous day.

it's post ironic bro

Don't "make up" for previous mistakes like that. That's the type of fat fuck logic that allows fatties to pretend an hour of walking allows them to keep eating garbage. It's the type of thinking you need to shed to truly make it. It's something you see in /fast/ a lot as well. "I ate like a pig so I'm fasting for a few days it'll be okay". 1400 for three meals also seems a bit too low and could still fuck your metabolism and make it harder for you to maintain.

Actually that is the kind of thinking that will let him make it as long as everything is planned in advance
go keto if you're doing >1500kcal deficits

i want to hit my targets, so i have to make up for it. and i planned it all ahead of time. but i agree fasting is retarded. i divide up the calories over several days, e.g. today i skipped 200, and the 600kcal is dealt with.
honestly 1400 is almost easy and i sometimes struggle to hit it. i just drink shit loads of water. but i'm aware that it almost certainly wouldn't work if i was doing cardio - i'm waiting till sub 230lbs for that.

well i normally use centimeters, and rounding up or down seemed wrong

It's the kind of thinking which will make him yoyo if he fails or fuck his metabolism permanently if he succeeds. I'd suggest keto+OMAD for deficits that large as well.

Fasting is fine. More than fine actually. I just don't like the punishment angle people approach it at half the time. It's not an out for binging. I'm getting on you for really minor fatfuck logic since it's still insidious. If you plan it ahead of time you should be willing to have minor setbacks in exchange for social health. The punishment angle is why so many people end up fucking things up in the long term. Also understand that when you eat is almost as important as how much you eat. You have the amount handled pretty well already but I think limiting the amount of meals would probably give you better results. It's really easy to pretend CICO is the only thing that matters but more and more we're seeing that timing is important as well.

I'm not advocating for eating 3000 calories as long as you eat it all within four hours but a day of 2000 instead of 1400 probably isn't going to hurt you nearly as much in the long run as keeping your insulin spiked all day while under such a large deficit for extended periods of time.

2 packets of instant quaker oats with 250ml of milk for breakfast, 200 grams of top round steak and 120 grams of crunchy chicken tendies for lunch, no dinner.
Around 1.1k kcals. All my days 1-1.1k kcals daily

Attached: 1526702960330.png (1000x1000, 93K)

Carbs make you retain water.

I don't understand this at all. "Too much" or "too little" is subjective, but you have your TDEE right there, it's numbers, how can you fail at that? You can't. So stop the angst

i actually tend to have four 3-400kcal meals. i just find it easier that way, though i never tried IF.
i'm not sure i could cram in 1400kcal of the kind of shit i eat in 4 hours, not without adding a ton of oil, cheese or sugar or something.
i'll take your points into consideration though.

>after he wrecks his metabolism
nice meme

A reminder that retarded diets like the ones used in the Biggest Loser end up fucking the contestants for life and cause them to wreck their basal metabolic rate which ends up making them regain when they start what others would consider a maintenance diet. Calorie restriction is a really fucking primitive way to diet if it's the only thing you take into account.

Attached: 1478616744704.png (860x650, 60K)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27136388

The Minnesota Starvation Experiment is also worth looking into.

>14 participants

Attached: 1518344447114.jpg (782x788, 321K)

they should do some stuff like this on people who have gastric bypass. there's a big pool of people to study.
i've never seen that show - what kind of deficit do they do?

>what is Endocrinology?
>what are hormones?

14 or the 16 participants. Also the Minnesota Starvation Experiment is about as close as we're ever going to get to out and out unethical experiments in nutrition in the pursuit of finding actual useful data. Most dietary "science" is epidemiological studies or done through questionnaire. It's why endocrinology has been one of the few fields making actual waves in nutrition science in the past decade.

skinnyfag here who hasnt made gains in 2 years.
i am giving up and going full /fat/ mode and will drink my life away

> exclusively revealing that the show encouraged contestants to take street drugs while starving themselves and to lie about how much weight they were losing.
:thinking:

They eat between 1200 and 1700 calories per day. I'm assuming they use the bullshit "eat six tiny meals per day and do cardio like it's your full time job" method of weight loss. It's no wonder this being the dominant narrative in dietary advice for the past fifty years has lead to so many people yoyoing.

> 14 people "study"
> They were all drugged with adderal and Ephedra to gain ratings
> Contestants were literally passing out on set
> They were on 800 calories or less
Is this just a fatty in denial shitposting?

Attached: 1522492119309.jpg (185x243, 16K)

Here’s six months progress. Excuse the shitty iPhone quality.

Attached: 7E53EC45-28E5-45FE-8CF8-E5E028303D6E.jpg (2078x1659, 687K)

>Also the Minnesota Starvation Experiment
I mean, it's when they reach extremely low bf % their metabolism slows down, not before that. The experiment itself also doesn't establish any long-term metabolic damage.
Eating 1k kcal a day won't do shit to your body long-term, assuming the regular levels of energy expenditure. And even then, the effects aren't proven to be lasting.

academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/72/4/946/4729400
small study, but this one shows bmr drop sustained for 6 months after a much less severe cut - the type people here would do.
if it's correct is there even a solution to this problem?

> In lean humans,

Attached: 1526387657633.png (472x410, 254K)

>the diet was largely vegetarian, composed of large amounts of green and yellow vegetables and fruit, modest amounts of grain, and small amounts of animal products. The diet was high in carbohydrate and low in fat (≈80%, 9%, and 11% of energy from carbohydrate, fat, and protein, respectively)
>The food was consumed as 3 meals/d and was distributed equally among the 8 subjects regardless of age, sex, and body size
Seems like a good endorsement for keto+OMAD to me.

Well hot damn cutie. Six months ? Shit. You looking good.

Thanks. Think I might start focusing more on lifting and gaining muscle now

Well done senpai. Keep going.

Definitely can. Best of luck on that newlyhealthyguy.

>50 lbs in 6 months
>cw 165 lbs
>2ish lbs a week
i call bullshit

myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/not-starving-but-metabolic-adaptation-and-weight-loss-567546

Month 1: eating 2000 calories a day
Month 2: 1700
Month 3: 1700, 4 Miles of cardio daily
Month 4-6: 1500, 4 Miles, 45 min of gym, paleo diet as well. Best of luck bro

2lbs a week is totally doable, its the maximum people suggest for healthy weightloss sure but its easily maintainable of you just stick to your caloric deficit

Lol I'm at around the same place, 6'2 and 181. Starting to get scared that I'm going to have a sack of loose skin where my gut used to be.

if any anons are thinking about an extra borgor tonight please watch this
youtu.be/zk0ursuD4gg

>haven't ate all day due to being busy applying for jobs
Convince me not to go to 7-11 and get a Dr. Pepper slurpee

>be 21 y.o 5'4 turbomanlet, 65 kilos
>somehow burn 1950 calories sitting on my ass
i honestly find that hard to believe.
a gym i used to go to in my town told me that my bmr was 1650, back when i was 18 and 80 kilos.

Fatbros does creatine actually cause baldness? I’ve had like 3 Bang energy drinks and It looks like my hair is thinning

Don't do it brah, just chug a lot of water instead.

I caved in brah. I figured it was the last day of summer (inb4underagedandb&) and I have 1500 calories for the day I should just enjoy myself a bit. I just will only eat celery if I get hungry later.

Attached: Screenshot_20180830-183732_Google.jpg (1439x1483, 281K)

I love /fat/jack memes. We're all gonna make it brahs.

I was eating at 1000 deficit sometimes barely reaching 900 calories first couple weeks. It’s strange to go from not caring and eating to caring too much. For me the switch happened instantly. I’m at 500 deficit now and fast a couple days a week. Feels weird having to force myself to eat normal 1600.

I just took a nap and in my nap I dreamt I binged on an entire 10 slice pizza and ate the entire thing. I am now awake, debating on ordering pizza. Thoughts?

Nah, you already ate it in your dreams brah

same
i fucking love /fat/memes so much

Attached: 1501116468194.png (688x986, 37K)

you know the answer already

Attached: 1533144814090.jpg (604x539, 83K)

it's a shit idea
go do twenty push to make up for eating the pizza in your dream

>4 eggs and a banana
>work all day
>hungry as shit
>push myself to do some high intensity cardio
>want to throw up and never eat again
Pretty sure I'm gonna make it.

Attached: 1465780563307.jpg (500x375, 45K)

Thirded. Does anyone have a crying fatjack, or two fatjacks hugging like pic related? I need it for my personal collection

Attached: wojak hug.jpg (600x553, 28K)

i gotchu /fat/bro

Attached: mfwtfw.jpg (633x758, 64K)

always round down

rare

Attached: 1535243394252.png (2276x976, 113K)

Ah yes, very nice indeed, thank you bro. Have a rare fatjack in return

Attached: fat feel 14.png (723x629, 145K)

lmao my dude, i actually created that one
i made that whole series of /fat/ OPs

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 9.35.32 PM.png (574x507, 126K)

have a cosmic fatty my bros

Attached: 1520098238531.png (800x800, 1M)

rare fatty dump

Attached: 1528706979421.jpg (600x539, 178K)

Attached: 1520033341134.png (762x754, 61K)