/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

Approved Intermediate Programs for PLG

>Bro Tier (must try hard and have sex)
5th Set (frequency isn't everything)
5/3/1 (non 2009 base template)
Westside for Skinny Bastards
Madcow Intermediate (best for early intermediate)
Destroy the Opposition (J. Lewis)
Cube Kingpin
The Cube (+ Predator)
Conjugate (best in a good gym)
Spotoshot (bench only)
Texas Method 4-day Split Model from PPST.
Juggernaut Method 2.0 (a more periodized 5/3/1)

>Nerd Tier (must have IQ higher than bodyweight in kg)
RTS Generalized Intermediate
RTS Emerging Strategies
Nuckols Average to Savage
Nuckols 28 Free
GZCL
TSA 9 Week
Blevins Skynet AI ($, but cheap)

>Meme Tier (might work if you love memes)
Candito 6 Week
Texas Method 3-Day
Texas Method Trappy Version
Sheiko
The Bridge
Smolov Jr.
Bulgarian/Bugenhagen Method
Heavy Light Medium (not a program, just a loose DUP template).
Slavic Swole
nSuns 5/3/1 (written by a 1200 total Redditor)
Hepburn Power & Pump

>Sean-Tier (only for those that take a fat dick)
PH3 (need a tourniquet to choke yourself, and it has a 100% injury rate)

*all of these programs work (except PH3), but the effort and attitude of the athlete is most important

Attached: 88318.jpg (400x500, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/J9w6_TDkLMA
forum.reactivetrainingsystems.com/content.php?126-Generalized-Intermediate-Program
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nigger do you even know how auto-sage works? There's still a good 30 posts left in the general.

>There's still a good 30 posts left in the general.
Those 30 posts are not good.

Neither is this thread

Prescribing ph3 is supreme faggot-tier. Even ironically.

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1533605871517.jpg (400x499, 20K)

If PH3 is the worst program, what bnb is the best middle-intermediate program, in your opinion?

There is no "best" program, but there are certainly "worst" program(s)

>there are certainly "worst" program(s)
Candito, Bulgarian, and 3day texas metgod come to mind.

Is this shit a joke?

Attached: Screenshot_20180830-204026.png (1080x1920, 284K)

>active recovery

Attached: 1523954355322.jpg (464x324, 45K)

>Is this shit a joke?
As much as a joke as its author, and the cripples who try it.

What the fuck is a Ukranian Stallion?

Attached: 1517452736427.jpg (738x663, 66K)

It's the man Layne hired to satiate his wife.

Isn't Texas Method from pactical strength programming? Why are you guys shitting on it?

3 day TM is not good, at all

>RIR

crossift cuckoldry to the maximum, quite possible as cringe as EMOM.

Attached: 1521947457283.jpg (199x155, 11K)

Looks like a baboon's butt.

Why would that guy in the other thread recommend bad programs?

Because it broke him and he wants everybody to be just as miserable as him.

holy fuck just remembered a song I listened to in high school a lot listening to it flooded me with memories to December many years ago, sitting in class listening to this song with earbuds in, hiding my phone under my table. The air outside was cold, the sky was a palr blue, everything was coated with a thin layer of front. The inside of the science room was warm, but dimly lit as we watched a Christmas film, and the girl of my dreams (back then) sat just a few tables across and I remember just staring across over at her.

Such an odd feeling to remember this so vividly, I believe she died not too long after that.

>sitting in class listening to this song with earbuds in, hiding my phone under my table.
Fuck off, zoomer

Attached: 13b.gif (931x682, 426K)

Go mow the lawn dad

I cant, its Thursday. That's when I lock the bedroom door while you watch Nickelodeon, and I rail your whore mother

Sean Noromiaga says hello

what autism

Just realized something funny.
Sean is retarded and created a program that made him disabled. By being disabled he could compete in the Special Olympics' Power Lifting category. But he is also no longer able to Deadlift or Squat. Therefore Sean is so extremely retarded that he can't go to the Special Olympics.

Attached: neo and white morpheus.jpg (720x537, 65K)

so uh, where does the Calgary Barbell 16 week program fit in on this meme tier system?

I'm at 141lbs weight these are my 5rms

>OHP 110lbs
>Bench 135lbs
>Squat 195bs
>Deadlift 240lbs

It's getting real hard and i'm starting to fail linear progression but i feel like a weakass because these are pretty pathetic lifts. Should i move on from GSLP?

>I'm at 141lbs

gain weight, twink manlet.

RIR is just the correct name for what stupid people call RPE in this context.
Friendly reminder that RPE 10 isn't simply a maximal set, it's "oh fuck i'm dying". RPE 8 isn't "2 reps left", it's "that was pretty hard".

>RPE 10 isn't simply a maximal set, it's "oh fuck i'm dying". RPE 8 isn't "2 reps left", it's "that was pretty hard".

you are comparing one thing to another thing that is the same thing as the first thing you autistic faggot.

My Schiek wrist wraps are arriving tomorrow, can't wait to try them out on Saturday. Left wrist has been bothering me a bit on bench, nothing too bad though.

No, they are not the same.
RPE is the same across all levels. Whether you squat 100 or 400 kg, RPE 10 is still "oh fuck i'm dying". Now, unless he's doing something retarded such as 50 rep breathing squats, the 100 kg squatter simply isn't capable of going to RPE 10.
In the same way, having 2 reps left doesn't man the set was necessarily "pretty hard".
RIR 10, however, is perfectly possible for the 2pl8 guy.

probably nerd tier since it has RPE and percentages that arent multiples of 5

no one cares virgin

I'm gonna probably do OHP of some sort, whatever rows I can be bothered to do and some triceps tomorrow

Then I'm going to the pub and drink my sorrows away and play pool

tru

it's a fun program tho ngl, hella volume

What a shit list

5/3/1 isn't a powerlifting program (Jim says so himself in the original article)

Westside for Skinny Bastards isn't a powerlifting program

Conjugate? Conjugate Sequence System or the Conjugate Method?

The Conjugate Sequence System isn't for powerlifting. The Conjugate Method is only good for advanced lifters on a lot of steroids.

Your entire list is a meme list

>Your entire list is a meme list

welcome to the joke friend

@MA how the fuck do you manage 6x6 @ 81%, wouldnt the first set alone be @9

>isn't a powerlifting program
And most intermediates aren't powerlifters.

>muh powerlifting program
+1 day bench frequency, and a few heavy singles. Wa-la, I made a powerlifting program.

tl;dr lol

stop embarrassing yourself, pseudo intellectual faggot

What's 5th set programming like?

American max comfy PL programming with great fatigue management and emphasis on hypertrophy work.

Attached: image2.jpg (1122x1109, 332K)

total dog shit that only morons with shit lifts shill

i suck at tng bench. i'm gonna do my bench pressing with a pause every time i'm doing

Depends on why your bench sucks.

it's my best lift, my technique is just very inconsistent with heavier weights

when doing touch and go i mean, i don't have those issues when benching with a pause

My guess is muscle coordination. Try some of that tips like "try to bend the bar", "push the floor and bar apart", "close your pecs like a curtain", etc.

youtu.be/J9w6_TDkLMA
NA KOMPANII POBUDKA POBUDKA WSTAĆ

None of those are as pure and unadulterated leaky hogshit as any version of 5/3/1

Not related: Is it normal for hanging from a chin up bar to cause one's back to crack in three places? Asking for a friend.

why are squats causing me knee ache

Lack of mobility
Imbalance
Poor form

One or all of the above

Right now I'm going to do my last set of 5x5 squats @ 55kg. Theyre horrible, I think I'm going to plateau next week. Do I switch to +1kg instead of +2.5?

should i go to a good barbell gym

a what

if you stall you deload

microloading a kg is dumb for squats because i'm better that random gym plates are off by that much anyway

*betting

Thank you!!! I'll do that.

So now after you learned that squatting like weightlifter makes you ow, will you follow the only right path of Rippetoe? See any great squatters, its HIPS BACK, limit knee travel

I microloaded to a 180kgx3x5 squat. Used 1.25kg gym plates. And you can always use shit you bring, and weigh, yourself.

1.25kg plate is not microloading you dumbbo

>ukranian stallion

Attached: 1494518167536.png (1508x892, 171K)

When I said Layne looks homosexsual to me you fags didnt want to believe

>seid is actually small as shit and probably can't bench 4 plate and doesn't even lift in all actuality
wtf I love powerlifting now

Attached: 1535676507565.jpg (960x640, 116K)

>wa-la

as in "wallah habibi" or "voilà" ?

How many sets of fives?

Attached: Work capacity.png (813x709, 103K)

>squatted 102 for 8 reps
>estimated 1RM 130 and intermediate on symmetric strenght

Heh, step away squatlets, maybe after 2 years I will break 3/2/4

>someone has squat weaker than me
Sure nice to come here once in a while.
Are your legs also big, like mine?

Im finally nearing 180kg squat after 4 years.

3x3 vs 3x5?

They are big, but due to my woman fat distribution.

Almost 5 years to the day since my first 4 plate squat, thanks for the nostalgia

3x5 then 3x3

5x3

Always take the option with the most first reps, setup is half the lift, fuck it up youre setting up for a tough time

How long have you been lifting for? How long it took you to hit 4pl8 squat?

Why would I decrease volume? Wouldn't it be better going from 3x3 to 5x3?
What?

Good lad. I first squatted 200kg in...

2010? I can't remember. But yeah. 40kg in seven years.

About 7-8 years

Took 3 years, but i didnt squat for the first year i lifted for

I gave you an alternative, more optimal option and fully explained why, wheres the confusion

What is the most first reps?

So you are basically a talentchad

If you don't hit 4 plate squat in a year you have been fucking around there is no other explanation

Three years for a 200kg squat isn't total talent chad, bear in mind as a natty if you train properly the majority of your gains happen during that period, especially in terms of muscle growth.

t. 1 and 3/4 years at a 175kg squat @83kg, certifiably not a talentchad.

Nice projection

By the way, do most of you lads just run upper lower splits. I'm doing that at the moment but when gains plateau I'm thinking of moving to some kind of 4x/week big three frequency (including variations) DUP thing. That seems to be the most recommended thing for intermediates by a lot of stronk lads i.e. RTS crew

Whoa, just realised that might be even more because I'm running 5th set so was doing my amrap after 4 doubles

Might not have described that well, I mean this kind of thing. 4x/week frequency is what I generally see recommended for pure strength gain in intermediates, I'm sure at advanced level it's harder to recover so they can become less feasible.

forum.reactivetrainingsystems.com/content.php?126-Generalized-Intermediate-Program

high volume cable rows
deadlifts next day
ok or bad for deadlifts?

Lmao you can recover from accessory bb work in like an hour or so. Keep rowing bro

Same could be said about 3pl8 bench

oh I remember doing that shit I peaked for a while hit some nice numbers and then lost all strength because of shit volume. Now I bench once squat twice and deadlift once a week and I'm stronger than ever before.

I am in no way built for this sport

Are you taking the piss?

Upper lower is superior

Unless you want marathon sessions

Train back every session

Your deadlift will thank you

Yeah I'm currently doing just that was just wondering

usually goes like
power clean, chins
deadlift assistance, rows

and also
power clean, rows
deadlift, chins

Crap back work but each to their own i guess

>first reps

broscience horse shit that only a complete retard would peddle. ditch the trip and stay anonymous, faggot.

Attached: 1509306632273.jpg (300x300, 26K)

Is this the standard plg has been lowered to?

Where people actually think practicing the set up and first rep doesnt matter, in a sport that revolves entirely around how you do one rep

Fucking hell, abandon ship

So bitter

- £10,000 to salary