Supplements

Sup Jow Forums

copped some St. Johns Wort because I heard it helps depression and lethargy. When should i take it and what doseage? Anyone have any experiences with it or
Ashwaghanda?

Is it worth taking? I also have mild bipolar, as in rapidly shifting moods. Will this fuck me up or my gains?

Attached: B49A08F8-AD47-48D3-AA7D-1CF5E90F34E0.jpg (169x225, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drugs.com/npp/st-john-s-wort.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

help

Doesn't that shit fuck your eyes yo or something

bumpin

come on some of you must know about this shit

It's a COMT inhibitor, which is an enzyme that degrades catchomines like epinepherine and dopamine. More catchomines = more energy and motivation, which is good on a cut and I guess if you're a mopey fagget

I am a mopey fagget though. struggle to get up in the mornings. Do i need to load up on this? Or cycle?

There's no tolerance, take 3-4 servings a day if you want, just keep in mind it might interfere with sleep if you take it late in the day. Also it's a mild COMT inhibitor so don't expect miracles. I don't know what brand that is pictured by get a patented formula instead of random bullshit.

Also, wear sunglasses if it's bright out and you're taking a ton.

Why would you want to inhibit dopamine? Isn't that the happy drug?

Are you illiterate? I'll say it again in shorter sentences: COMT is an enzyme. COMT is an enzyme that degrades, reduces, inactivates catecholamines. Catecholamines are a category of endogenously-produced compounds like dopamine and adrenalin. More COMT means less catecholamines. St John's Wort is a plant that contains a compound called hyperforin. Hyperformin when ingested reduces the expression and action of COMT. Does this make sense yet?

Not the OP, but thank you for the explanation in bite size sentences.

Google will help you more than Jow Forums, you idiot.
drugs.com/npp/st-john-s-wort.html
Tl;dr 600-1200mg divided into 3 doses/day.

jesus christ could you be any more of a nerd lol, fuck off nerd

Attached: W4CSQVt.png (625x626, 69K)

only works temporarily for me

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

L-Tryptophan would be better if you`re white. The hypericin in St. Johns Wort makes you more sensible against sunlight. Also the effect is also based on reducing Beta- Adrenoreceptors.

It made me more depressed when I took it lol

can cause cataracts

I take one dose of 3750mg of ashwagandha daily. supposedly takes a week or two to really start building up the effects and I'm pretty sure my boner game is increased a gorillionfold

Don't. St. John's Wort has a lot of side effects photosensitive (literally permanent bruising from the sun and can ruin your eyesight from direct sunlight) is one of the worsts side effects.

Take Sam-E, that shit cured my depression. I tried it on a whim and it made me realize my depression was way worse than I thought. Completely changed my life. I've been on it for 3 months or so but I foresee taking it for maintenance for the long term.

You'll notice a difference within a week, I take 1600mg a day.

0 Side effects and it's a natural occurring element in the body with high bio-availability (no known toxicity.)

I've tried a lot of different brands but Nature Made is the best.

Good luck user.

I've been wanting to try creatin but I'm not sure about dosing
I've been training for about 2 years and weigh ~150, anybody got any advice? Maybe also about other supplements I should be taking (besides whey protein)

>jargon jargon jargon jargon jargon

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE YET IDIOT

Thoughts on turmeric supplements? Meme or what?

Because one you get a dopamine hit you lose motivation. It's your body's signal "well we already did the thing that feels good, might as well do nothing now that it's over"