Help Jow Forums

Alrighty then Jow Forums I need your help on a tough decision. The only gym within walking ranger is planet fitness, should I just say fuck it and deal with the fuckery or should I look for a real gym?

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VrYGw-lX2R0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also sorry for the spelling errors I have to do this from a phone and my sasuage fingers hild me back.

just buy some jugs, fill em with water, and use those for weights

Newfag here, what's the problem(s) with Planet Fitness?

Nothing at all. A lot of people here don't like the idea of acceptance. You can lift in a FRIENDLY and SAFE environment at PF.

What's the stereotypes with Planet Fitness? Just left a FITLAB that I liked, wondering where to go from here.

Nothing at all. I started out at pf and made good progress.
Eventually you can go elsewhere.
/thread.

8 months at pf here. Its great. Im like the most buff dude in there. I fucking MOGGGGG everydude.

Attached: 29D127A0-0624-482E-A597-CFFCFDF18847.jpg (620x284, 59K)

Lunk alarm.

Attached: planet-fitness-pizza.jpg (540x541, 52K)

unironically nothing wrong with free pizza

There’s nothing wrong with it. Don’t fall for stupid memes.

Of course not.
youtube.com/watch?v=VrYGw-lX2R0

Serious answer, they don't want anyone to actually lose weight and will have pizza, donut, bagel etc. days where there's junk food you can eat while working out. They also get pissed if you try to deadlift or drop a weight.

I am actually a member at PF, maybe it's just the one where I live but the pizza is actually from a really nice local restaurant. I've only eaten it once, and that was because I was going to the gym having had no food the entire day so I ate a slice and did cardio. There's literally nothing wrong with free pizza. Yes, it is a brilliant business strategy but nobody is forcing these fatties to eat the pizza. Recovering fats have to deal with their temptations and problems on a daily basis, just because the pizza is there doesn't mean they have to eat it. Yes, it is tempting. There's pizza at the supermarket and yes it is tempting but if you are truly committed to change you will either work it in to your day or not eat it. If you aren't committed to change then eating a couple free slices of pizza is not going to be the problem.

Most of them get pissed if you deadlift heavy. There tends to be a lot of space dedicated to machines, rather than weights or cables (some don't even have squat racks). They give people pizza, bagels and tootsie rolls. The general gym population is fat people who won't make any progress and will stop going to the gym soon, which is how they make memberships so cheap. Some locations are better than others. I recommend getting a trial membership or something to see what the environment is like before signing up, but it's not like you can't work out or make gains at all at PF. Personally, I don't go there because their advertising actively discourages excellence, portrays muscular guys as loud, inconsiderate douchebags, and encourages mediocrity.

When you're trying to form new healthy habits, it's morally awful for a gym to try to sabotage you. At least you have to actively grab a frozen pizza, stand in line and pay for it. You can just grab planet fitness pizza for free and eat it immediately. A lot of fat people are fucking addicted to food. It's like offering free booze at an alcoholics anonymous meeting.

the dad bod agenda is what rascal

Oh so suddenly when they get fit and reach their goal weight pizza won't exist? You don't have to take the pizza, and at least 80% of the people who walk through the doors don't because a slice is 300cal and you can have a lot of better food for that amount. Yes, pizza is fucking tasty. No, it isn't worth the calories. Temptation is always going to be there at barbecues or family gatherings, when your friends order a pizza and get a case of beer etc but the point is that in order to make a change you have to limit these things to moderation. If you are the type of person who goes to the gym to lose weight and walks on a treadmill for 10 minutes before downing 4 slices of free pizza then it isn't the free pizza that fucked you over. It is the mindset that allowed you to do such a pathetic amount of exercise and justify the pizza. You think these people can't afford to overeat and the fact that it is free is any big deal to them? They probably go home and have a pack of Oreos, a bag of Doritos and a 12-pack of Mountain Dew in their pantries. The people who are really trying to make an effort to change WILL change. The people who aren't get to eat pizza and feel better about themselves. (some exercise is better than none)

Depends on where it's located. Usually ones in middle class neighborhoods are like how you described. In lower class neighborhoods they don't care what you do.

If you're poor, it's an ok gym. Especially if there's no other 24 hour gym nearby. Otherwise, I'd find somewhere else.

no 4chinner will tell you this newb, but barbell benching, squats, and deadlifts are entirely MEMES. If you're lifting for aesthetics (99.999% of us) then you will see that you don't need those. You only need to get fat first with SS+GOMAD to build the calves then cut while only working arms 3x a week and core 3x a week.

They don't have diddly
Noob me wanted to do diddlys at a PF and the front desk guy suggested doing them in the smith machine