Next time i see my therapist im telling her i've been having very strong feelings of wanting to kill myself...

next time i see my therapist im telling her i've been having very strong feelings of wanting to kill myself. what can i expect?

Attached: 1317688609001.png (797x924, 50K)

you can expect to be locked up in a cage for
"being a danger to yourself and or others"

and i get to see cute nurses? awwh yeah

There's no reason to do this unless you just want the attention and want to be taken to a psychiatric hospital.

Yeah dont do this. They will lock you up for a minimum 72 hours. Are you actually wanting to kill yourself or are you saying this for attention user?

I actually want to but i know it will pass. i think it's my new meds. I know if i dont tell her i will do something stupid and panick when i try to kill myself

You will regret it if you tell her.

How old are you? What hobbies do you have? Do you exercise at all? Are you in school or have a steady job? I found myself at the lowest when I wasnt beinf active and doing things i enjoyed. I used to sit around and play vidya and jack off all day. Switching meds can be tough but the meds on their own dont make you feel better. They give you leverage to then go out and improve yourself

25,just watching tv,shitposting,vidya. no i dont exercise or have a job. I just think it's cause i got a higher dose that's fucking with me making me feel worse idk.
eh 72hrs isnt bad ive been at one for 3 weeks. after 2 weeks u want to kill yourself more

They'll ask you why, if you have a plan, and to rate your depression. Depending on how you answer they may put you on suicide watch.

Attached: 1531314823549.png (480x480, 221K)

If you're serious about it then you should probably tell her OP. Ignore the hateful trolls (who quite literally are asking for attention by posting deliberately provocative ideas), if you need help, ask for it. Just know that stays in the psych ward are not fun (LOTS of drug addicts), and can be quite expensive if you're in a 3rd world country like the USA. You will almost certainly not receive the help you need, but they'll put you on pills at much higher dosages than pussyfooting around the psychiatrist for 2 months will get you.

>age: 30
not implying its better, but some people aren't stubborn or cowardly enough to make it this far

Attached: 1501437830397.jpg (712x713, 154K)

Why do you guys persist in repeating this lie? I went to many psychiatrists when I was younger and am now a practicing psychiatrist myself. If OP came into my office and said this to me, I would ask him, "Is this feeling something you have control over? Is it something you can hold off on while we try to fix it or do you feel like you might do something you don't really want to do?" If he tells me that he doesn't feel in control of his actions and thinks that there is a good chance that he will kill himself once he leaves my office then yes, at this point I would consider having him go to a hospital but I wouldn't just make a secret phone call and have people waiting for him outside the door when he leaves. I would tell him that hospitalization was my recommendation and in 9/10 cases he would go along voluntarily.

Also, another 9/10 cases (probably not even that many, honestly) never get to that point because people who come to talk to guys like me are generally there for reasons like suicidal thoughts. My job is to counsel people like OP and give them the help they need to get better. What would be the point of calling the cops every time a suicidal person entered my office? I'd be making a dozen calls a day. I expect suicidal people to come see me. It's why I'm here. And as long as they can confidently tell me, "No, I'm suicidal but I'm in control of myself. I won't kill myself right away and I'm willing to wait and see if things get better once we try to treat it" then there's absolutely no reason why I or any other psychiatrist would want to "lock them up".

Nobody wants to lock you up. We want to help you and we can't do that unless you come to see us and honestly tell us your problems. And believe me, no matter what you have to say, we've heard worse before and we hear similar things every day. No one is going to freak out and have you arrested.

For me i go longboard around when i feel like killing myself. I would highly recommend it. Acceleration makes you feel alive. I can help you with a setup if you are interested. Also when you wake up in the morning the first thing you should do is get blood pumping then take your meds. Do a few pushups or situps. I hate seeing people here so sad all the time. I get life fucked the majority of us but when you get fucked and just take it you are no better than stacy getting fucked by chad while shes browses Instagram for the next chad

Because most psychiatrists aren't you.

Yeah man if the thoughts are legit tell her. Youll be admitted to a hospital, but that doesnt mean theyll stick you in a looney bin. Just be calm and tell them whats going on, including the history w the meds. Ignore the fucktards on here saying ull regret it. Youll regret it worse if this spirals out of control and you end up fucking dead. Worst case? Youll be taken seriously, theyll look at ur meds and review them, youll be discharged a few days later, if that.

Thanks for the reply. I get what you are saying and yeah you are right. I just have had the experience of going in saying i want to kill myself but dont think i could right now and still being sent to mental hospital for a few days. I guess my counselor was just a shitty person. How did you get into your profession?

I use to longboard a few years ago. I liked it but now if I go i'd just be miserable because i use to meet a girl I had the biggest crush on and we'd cruise together. she moved to fucking california

I hate how true this is. I never played sports, did nothing at school, never had a physical interesting, unique life. Just alone and internet. Always.

fuck off (((the rapists)))
I trusted one of you jewish fucks before and he stabbed me in the back

Well maybe doing it can make you feel some sort of happiness from the memories of her. Just a thought

story of the stabbing user?

I saw at least 4-5 different psychiatrists for my own depression and suicidal urges when I was in my late teens and early twenties and I was never arrested or sent to a hospital or any of the other scare tactics you guys seem to like to use to try to scare anons away from people who can help them. I know plenty of other psychiatrists and none of them would do something like this either. Even if it were true and you'd be sent to a hospital for going to see someone who specializes in helping people with mental illness and telling them that you have a mental illness (does this not sound absurd to you?) then your options here are still:
>go to doctor, be involuntarily sent to place where you will be given help
>don't go to doctor, probably suffer from worsening depression ending in suicide
No one is going to lock you up but even if they did, it's still preferable to suicide, yes? You wouldn't be looking for help in the first place unless you wanted to get better. Any mental health professional with half a brain will recognize this fact.

>I guess my counselor was just a shitty person.
Well, this is the difference between someone like me who spends anywhere from 6-12 years in school and training and someone who spends a couple years in part time schooling. "Counselors" have very little training or education relative to pretty much everyone else in the mental health field so it's no surprise that the experience people have with them can vary so wildly.

>How did you get into your profession?
The same way a lot of people seem to do: I had spent most of my life struggling with my own mental health issues and wanted to understand and learn how to help myself. Started with a psychology degree and kept going.

>when you can't differentiate between various mental health professionals and think that a therapist who spent 6 months taking online classes is the same as a psychiatrist who spent over a decade in school
neat

Whereas I think you should try to get some help, definitely don't tell a therapist.

Mental institutions are evil and serve no purpose other than to ruin your life while making money off you
Consider other options

>here pay me money so I'll listen to your bullshit

therapy is a total scam

>tell therapist about suicidal thoughts
>get committed involuntarily
>have to pay thousands of dollars to pay for your imprisonment
>therapist gets a couple thousand kicked back his way to make sure he keeps sending more """""customers""""" to the mental hospital

Attached: 1527282727473.jpg (600x600, 24K)

>things that haven't actually happened before

You could likely expect hospitalization. I was almost at horsham clinic for a month.

>not having insurance
i've never paid to see a therapist or go to the hospital

You can deny the last line, but not the rest.

Also, I'd like anyone who is suffering from depression or any other mental illness and is considering seeing a professional to treat it to look at posts like these and consider if the average Jow Forums poster is really the kind of person from whom you want to be taking advice on how to be happy. Does the average poster here seem like he lives a happy life or like he would know the best way to deal with mental illness?

>be paki in jewish community
>bullied all my life
>Brother was literally chad while I was that awkward fuck with the speech impediment
>faggoty ass brother trusted a jew and overdosed on fake lsd
>still fucking hate my brother to this day

>to cope i was doing drugs and smoking packs of cigs everyday

>parents forced me to see 3 (((the rapists)))
>1st one was a jew who tried hitting on my mom
>the 2nd one was a fucking woman
>the 3rd and worst of them all was a jew who told my parents everything I told him. My parents locked me in my room for the rest of my highschool years and I never learned to socialize.
>fast forward today
>tried everything
>lost weight, read books, tried to get a gf
>failed at everything besides the weight loss.
>conteplating suicide everyday
All because of my faggoty ass brother and that 3rd (((the rapist)))

prove it then user. what did the jews do to you?

The only reason to go seek (((help))) is to build a paper trail that will eventually get you those sweet neetbux. Or you can actually try to get help and basically get a chemical lobotomy that's irreversible and end up losing all your rights.

Fuck off. I tried to get better. I spent 5 years dealing with this shit and nothing gets better. Robots, don't listen to this dude, suicide is the only way out now

Paying people to pay for something, is paying for something.

>my personal problems are the fault of everyone except me: the post
Your two options: take responsibility for your own shit and fix it, or spend the rest of your life never getting better while crying about how it's not your fault.

Depending on how reputable the therapist is you have they might involuntarily commit you just for the insurance. Once they have you you're basically a fucking prisoner forced to prove your sanity and wait for them to deem you free. Related but I worked with a woman that volunteered for one of the suicide hotlines and she was trained to call the police on people if she even "feels" like they could hurt themselves. Who do you think gets stuck with the bill in that instance? Funny how normies love to spam suicide hotline numbers at robots, our suffering doesn't satisfy them- they want us depressed, bankrupt AND locked up

Attached: 1529223908386.png (1000x667, 715K)

How is my brother overdosing my fault? I tried to get better, I really did. I lost 80 pounds, excersized, ate healthy, read the qu'ran and the bible, read philosophy (Julius evola mainly) forced myself out to talk to girls, only to get my heart ripped out each and everytime. All of my mental problems stemmed from my degenerate older brother

i dont pay for anything

Attached: 140723164805-02-healthy-brain-restricted-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg (980x552, 85K)

How many r9k posters have experience with therapy? Probably a lot. But only positive testimonials will matter to you.

Show me any mental illness which can be physically diagnosed, show me any study that evaluates the long-term efficacy of therapy, show me any therapist who surveys their patients post-treatment to determine if they were actually helped. It's not a real medical field.

Psychiatrists aren't therapist and if you are one yourself you should know that. You can perscribe medication. You went to med school.

Therapists are hacks who smoked weed in college and can't get a real job so they either tell people very basic motivational stuff, what they want to hear, or if they feel sadistic write them up to be locked up.

(((the rapists))) are still getting money though. Stop supporting their horseshit

peopel who actually want to die and are sick of life ect, wont tell you faggot pyschs.

I dont tell my pyschologist anything, fuck that.
|

Attached: 1M8vfQe.jpg (800x915, 293K)

Mental health care costs money, and you can be involuntarily committed into it. Which part has never happened once to anyone anywhere?

lol okay user, resume shitposting.

I'm usually a very happy person, the last month has been absolutely fantastic: new job, start at uni and about a week for something I'm very interested in
Got a free ride to uni on a state grant, house got renovated

It was awesome, but the last week and a half I've been feeling extremely miserable despite everything going right, I guess it's just the bipolar again, but this is the price you pay when you go unmedicated

If you're so sick of life and you want to die so badly and you're so sure that suicide is the only answer then why are you here? You very presence in this thread shows your edgy nonsense for the lie that it is.

If you want to be miserable then fine, go be miserable, but stop trying to dissuade other anons from seeking help just because you're not willing to do so yourself.

Giving up on life doesn't mean they've magically grown the spine and determination to kill themselves. It's way easier to stagnate than take action, whether it be killing yourself or trying to fix things. It's also hard when you've been fucked for your entire life and it's all you've ever known and you've had over 10 negative therapy experiences, feels bad man. Then some faggot comes in and says robots don't know what they're talking about, how do you think the robot is going to react?

If you are in the States DO NOT FUCKING DO THIS RETARD. You can still still talk about how you possibly find life lackluster but don't say you want to kys or you will just fuck yourself over
old female nurses and chad orderlies

Someone does. Employer, parent, tax payer, someone is paying an expense for your sake.

>chad orderlies
when i went there was an older guy who was really nice,a big black guy who was cool. we talked about superheros and watched superman on tv. and another guy who seemed like he should of been a patient. there was one really hot nurse who looked like 40. she had some nice curves

You should tell her the meds aren't agreeing with you and you want off. Just tell her they're making you feel sick and sad.