Jow Forums

Jow Forums

I'm 24 and about to start boxing. Should I worry about CTE? I'm planning to make money from this as I have been lifting for a while and I'm sure it will transition into boxing?

Attached: download (1).jpg (300x168, 10K)

Youre planning to make money on it, and you havent even started training yet?
Have your first 5 amateur fights and you can consider if you like it enough to make a career out of it.
You will most likely quit after 3 months though. Thats what your type always does.

You're way too late to be able to make a career out of boxing. You'll have the sense smacked back into you soon enough to quit this childish horseshit and realize that training boxing and the occasional sparring session is enough. I reckon the amount of cardio is going to push you back into regular lifting anyway. Anyways good luck to you. Have fun

is it mainly cardio?

You’re starting late as FUCK

uhm yes. Maybe you should've looked that up eh

but I've been lifting so I'll have good power

Attached: 1468009752521.jpg (500x652, 53K)

bruh

You probably already have brain damage if you think you're gonna be making money off this and think lifting translates to being a decent boxer.

You know nothing about boxing if these are sincere posts.
Lifting doesnt do shit, unless you do olympics lifting for explosiveness and power is more about technique and leverage.
24 is late as fuck to make money, and everyone who think they will become some great legend in boxing before they even start always fail. This isnt some fucking anime where youre trying to catch em all and are a run away 13 year old.
Do by all means start practice and train, but enjoy the actual training and have a couple of fights. Its not about beating your opponent in the ring, but beating yourself everyday in training.

is this a troll thread

ok so think about the exercises you do and then think about what boxing looks like. (if you havent seen a boxing match before check youtube). after that realise that lifting heavy shit has almost nothing to do with boxing. do grappling if you want your strength to be relevent.

There's no money in amateur boxing you dunce. The only way you can make money is through white collar events but even that isn't much. You box in the amateur events to get noticed and then turn pro when you've had enough experience or have sponsors (at least 80+ amateur bouts)

And no you won't have good power. I used to box at about 67kg at 5'9 and could throw much heavier punches than I can now at 89kg. Conventional strength training makes for good application of force which is slowly exerted, but you need explosive power that needs training for.

Age isnt a problem but 25 is too late to start a genuine career in boxing, most professional boxers have already been a pro for several years at that point.

Good luck though man, I'll be putting the gloves back on in a few months too so I can drop some weight cos I'm a fat cunt

Attached: It must be hard being that fucking stupid.jpg (720x543, 65K)

that has nothing to do with punching power. and power doesn't automatically makes you a good boxer, there's a shit-ton of things that need to work together like coordination, speed, conditioning, mental strength etc. I'd say it's the hardest sport to be good at but I am not subjective cause I've boxed for years and I absolutely love the sport.

If you cant run at least 3-5miles you won't make it in amateur much less pro. Stop lifting and do calisthenics (add some kettle-bells for explosive power). Boxing training is very repetitive. And training 2 hours a day won't cut it, maybe for babies 1st amateur fight it will but you'll most likely loose. It's a lot of cardio, drills, sparring, shadow boxing, pullups/pushups/burpees, footwork, kettlebells etc it's repetitive as fuck like I said. I've been training for 8 months 1-2 hours a day and even then I feel I have a lot to learn and my body still hasn't gotten use to it. I just train for health and self-defense. It takes very special person to reach amateur and a fucking uberman to reach pro. Get ready for a lot of days of blood, sweat, and tears.

boxing
is
no
joke
One of the most intensive sports out there.

not op here, i want to box but only to be able to defend myself/maybe organise a sparring for fun with friends

is 30 minutes a day a good starter if i have shitty cardio (and possible blood pressure problems) ?

OP is in for the rudest awakening of his life.

I have been training for 3 months now and the brutal realities of boxing completely dwarf the fantasy. There are so many layers to the sport and people like OP will never even scratch the surface before giving up.

Its never too late to start boxing. See Jeff Horn, former school teacher.

This
I just finished my first year kickboxing and it is so much deeper than I ever expected. I’m a bretty big dude4u (6’ 190) and I assumed I’d be fine. These little Spanish fuckers beat the fuck out of me and they can’t be more than 150. I have great cardio as well and I still think I’m gonna throw up some classes.

OP is the guy who joins and gets hit good once in the mouth and stops.

For a beginner 30 min is ok. With 30 min I can only get done cardio and maybe say a little footwork, even then it's not enough user. If you are only doing 30min a day build up your cardio and each day switch between footwork+stance/BopNWeave/shadowboxing/calisthenics M-F and use saturday to punch the bag+speedbag or spar. Build up your cardio and lay a solid foundation of boxing techniques. And go to a gym. If you or none of your friends have never boxed its better to go with someone who has instead of watching youtube videos. But if you insist on boxing at home watch those videos religiously and soak up all knowledge.

Boxing fag here

Yeah, it's going to mess up your brain and lower your IQ.

Also, lifts won't transition very well into boxing, and 99% you won't make money at this

But maybe you're talented, who knows

cardio makes me wanna die. but half of boxing for newbies seems like who has more gas in the tank after the fourth round

Nobody ever makes it to the fourth round.

Cos amateur boxing is 3 rounds of 2 minutes you plonker.

Which doesnt sound like much, however the untrained are gassed after just a minute. Look at most street fights, it just resorts to fumbling and grappling after a minute or two. Fighting is exhausting.

wait, wasn't it 3 rounds of 3 mins?