Pendlay Row

I’ve been going to the same gym for about 2 years and have never had anyone say anything to me besides asking for a spot or to work in. Today I decided to take the Pendlay Row pill and started off with 135 to warm up.

>wow these things are fuckin killer

Throw 185 on the bar. First set once I’m done. Middle aged lady I’ve never seen before without proper headphone equipment to block out gym noises looks at me and says there’s a sign that says do not drop the weights right there. I’m not taking that shit and say I’m not dropping the weights if my hands on still on the bar. She literally leaves the gym.

After Next set: 5’8 Manlet comes over and says “you know you don’t have to go all the way down”. tell him word for word I’m doing pendlay rows and ignoring the decentric portion of the lift to build more fast twitch muscle fibers. He leaves with a strange look on his face.

Should I continue doing these before my whole gym hates me, Jow Forums?

Attached: CF0C315C-DF10-4BFC-B7B2-D026DC225FC2.jpg (1000x667, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I0uhDZ06hrQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, stop being autistic.

I hate how people do this shit. You'd think that these people would realize that there are hundreds of exercises you've probably never heard of and different training methodologies. But annoying cunts love to stick their nose in other people's business.

absolutely and post further incidents

Attached: 1534529223604.jpg (345x336, 214K)

Lol tell them to eat shit and do it louder on purpose

>well ackchually im doing less work so i get stronger
Said no athlete ever. Please don’t post here ever again

one time i was doing barbell hip thrusts and a curlbro came at me with a weird look on his face asking me what i'm doing. i just said hip thrusts for glutes and he walked away. im pretty sure i caught him filming me too in the corner of my eyes. fucking loser.

keep doing them but buy a gun and start conceal carrying at the gym just in case a black person tries to bother you at any point. I'd highly recommend the Walther PPS

Attached: deadfaggot.jpg (220x281, 9K)

Less work or a different workout. Is a push-up less work than a bench press or are they different exercises. Lmfao

I seriously do not understand the people who go to a fucking gym and then complain about the clanging of iron plates. Where the fuck do you think you are right now? What's next? Complaining about the clomping sound of the guy next to you running on the treadmill? Complaining about people being sweaty and having body odor?

Attached: where do you think we are.jpg (944x712, 146K)

One time I decided to try Jefferson deadlifts just for fun with 250kg, and some bug eyed incel ((coach)) who worked there and unironically looked like an employee at a printer store asked me what I was doing, what muscle I was trying to work, etc. He gave me some really weird looks and genuinely didn't seem to understand that I was just doing that for fun. The fact that I was liftin 5 times his weight my first time ever doing a lift didn't really seem to deter him.

Also, I never really cared for pendlay rows. For me it's the chinup, dumbbell or seated row.

LIFTERS RISE UP

Attached: joker gamer squad.jpg (749x708, 139K)

>decentric

negatives are as important for rows as for curls (aka actually higher EMG activity on the negative). don't fucking skip it.

Different types of rows use different mechanics. Pendlays have no eccentric portion, similar to conventional deadlifts. If you want to do rows with a slow negative, that's fine, but they're not pendlay rows. Just like I can do romanian deadlifts with a focused slow descent toward the bottom, but those are not conventional deadlifts. The purpose of a pendlay row is building explosiveness off the ground.

GANG WEEDERS FUCK DEMOCRATS

This.
> I found out these rows can also be a chest workout if I push explosively on the way down

Unironically my chest feels sore after doing these today

Why I don't feel them in my lats?

>decentric

Attached: 1478487936244.jpg (655x527, 59K)

youtube.com/watch?v=I0uhDZ06hrQ

use underhand grip

>Complaining about people being sweaty and having body odor?

Wear deodorant you stinky nerd

Lower weight more reps focus on engaging your lats and keeping your lower back out of the movement

fuck off

>deodorant is going to block off all sweat completely
try hitting puberty user

Sorry, my superior diet/genetics makes me not smell bad. I only smell if I sit on my computer all day with my armpits closed for hours, if I exercise I just smell like a man.

>if I exercise I just smell like a man.
i believe you user

Attached: 194382.jpg (400x400, 19K)

gibberish cope. you dont lift

It's ok user, don't worry that girls actively avoid exercising near you. It just means that they smell your low quality genetics and instinctively know to avoid you at all cost.

You probably smell like artichoke dip

Piss off, Asian twink.

What's more work 5x5 bench @3 pl8
Or 2,000 push-ups ?

I'm 100%, Hitler's dream white, genelet.

Pendlay rows are an online fitness community meme exercise

Yates rows are far superior for the 'stetix

I always feel stupid doing bent over/pendlay. Hard to get my form right if I'm not directly in front of the mirror

>hi Jow Forums, I tore my left bicep today. What do?

Neither do you

>less work

Attached: 1519606086845.jpg (771x900, 102K)

I do pendlay rows for 120kg for my sets across, and fuck the amount of people who tell me that I'm doing the exercise wrong. One guy came up to me who works at my gym asked me what I was doing. I've been doing it for so long people stop asking me...

Although last few months has seen a change, seen lots of guys with the stronglifts app try to do it, so it raises fewer eyebrows nowadays.

its easier if you dont drop it

>genlet
t.german

Thanks for hope user

on my first months of gym i was doing ohp and a gymbro came to me saying I should do this exercise seated with the bar behind the neck.

Fuck you guy I will do my exercise however the fuck I want

B-b-but that’s worse

>decentric

Attached: yeah, totally.png (420x337, 13K)

You should lower the bar down to the ground and not let it freefall.

If you let it free fall, it's probably too heavy for you.

>

First, why is OP's pic using underhand? It's a back exercise, keep it that way
Also, OP, this happened to me, but it was a trainer that came over to me saying to be quieter (this was at 9pm). I kept doing them. They eventually got me bumper plates for them, and other lifts like that, but they are still loud af. I dont see that trainer anymore, but every now and then some cardio dipshit comes up to me telling me to be quieter. Dont care. Ever since I incorporated pendlay rows into my back routine, they've become my favorite next to t-bar rows

its good to superset them underhanded

I love em dude, is my best exercise.
I don't know about doing em supine, they seem risky even though rippetoe says you should be.

like underhand then overhand? Why not do overhand pendlays superset with chin ups or neutral grip pull ups?

Sure you can do that if you want

its not a huge deal

Is it okay to cheat on pendlay rows on the last few reps?

no. You should not do those reps instead, obviously that would give more gains