Had a bit of work on the intestines the other week. so i got a loop ileostomy (currently), no large intestine...

had a bit of work on the intestines the other week. so i got a loop ileostomy (currently), no large intestine, a j pouch, and thats the tip of the iceberg. been in and out of hospital for a significant amount of my life. when ever i seem to make any progress with my life i end up getting knocked back down with medical problems.

what should i do fit, should i keep lifting, working, and bettering my life just to lose it all next time my shit fucks up again. or cut my losses and claim assistance and be content with just maintaining a normal weight.

Attached: 463788440967.jpg (960x720, 41K)

What you have is a lot more serious, but last November (on my birthday mind you) I got an appendicitis and had to get operated.
I couldn't touch weights or be active for a while, had to go easy on protein too since they give you gas.
Anyway, lost a lot of gains, but months after I PRed on almost all of lifts, so it's always possible.
Of course what I'm saying is only relevant if your ileostomy is temporary, I wish you a good recovery.

Hang in there bro, I've averaged a surgery a year for the past decade on my spine and my guts.
The two things that always help are lifting and walking for a couple of miles.

Shit sucks, being in pain and on pain meds makes it seem more dire and bleak than it really is. Take it slow, don't just give up because you're afraid of it happening again.

Attached: 1443745296902.png (721x455, 21K)

>got testicular cancer last year
>now paranoid that every ache is actually the first sign of some other horrible cancer
>this causes anexity that leads to actual stress on my body, which probably will fuck me up with enough time
How to do I get out of this loop bros?

Wow, just kill yourself. Not everyone gets to win and sometimes you should admit how shitty things are and give up.

Attached: 03854.png (720x404, 336K)

Smoke some weed.

It helped me massively when i was suffering from PTSD, depression, a recent suicide attempt and a serious court trial with media interest.

I know this feel

>>got testicular cancer last year
>>now paranoid that every ache is actually the first sign of some other horrible cancer
>>this causes anexity that leads to actual stress on my body, which probably will fuck me up with enough time
>How to do I get out of this loop bros?

Want to die/don't care about dying.

Attached: A0473879-CA35-464D-AABB-E461A39AE8F1.gif (500x500, 196K)

You still got a rectum?
Or any chance of getting ileo-ractal anastomosis?
If the answer is no, i'd say stick to cardio.
Honestly not even your doctors are going to be able to tell you, since there are literally 0 statistics on stoma+lifting.
If i were you i'd probably have killed myself by now.
What was your initial problem anyways?
Colitis ulcerosa?

if shits this bad, idk dude just give up this fit shit lmao wtf

yer ulcerative colitis. a couple years ago i had about 18 months of good health with a stoma made some really good gains i was even considered one of the stronger guys in my gym with people asking me for advice. i would like to get back to that point but i don't know how much mental strength i really have left

I should probably mention the idea of non-existence is my worst fear

As i said, no one is going to be able to tell you anything, atleast no reputable source.
Stoma's may not be rare, but its rare for younger people to get them, even rarer for people that are or want to become fit.
I mean there's stoma models and some of them are natty, but thats such a niché that we cant really generalise based on their gains.
The only thing you can do is try.
Thats it.
There's no one that can tell you its going to work, or that its going to be just fine.
There's no guarantee.
You can only try and see.
Either it works and you're Jow Forums and can write a book about your experience, or it doesnt work.
I mean we sometimes to colectomies and do an ileo-rectal anastomosis.
No idea how it works for those people, but i feel like it'd be preferential to having a stoma, especially an ileostoma.

Why would one need this? What was your problem?

as soon as i can start walking im up with my catheter on the trolly smashing my pca doing laps of the ward.

its just crazy to think about how one day you'll be living your life np, next thing you know u need someone to pick up the kettle for you because its too heavy

well its all started with ulcerative colitis, then colectomy, a one hell of a fistula + infection, and most recently a new fistula connecting the poo parts with the pee parts. resulting in me shitting out of my penis

dude please kill yourself, I can't bear to imagine you going through these things

Do you still have your rectum?
Where is the fistula?
Small intestine bladder i asume.

>me shitting out of my penis
new meta

I would kill myself at that point.

Attached: ooohhboy.gif (426x426, 3.13M)

First one was from rectam to just under my belly button. Second was from my then ilioanal ( j ) pouch to my bladder

Go to ED tell them my symptoms... I'm farting and Shitting out of my penis. Got one hell of a look

Wait, they connected your small intestine to your bladder? As in, on purpose?
I sure hope i read that wrong.

sorry I didn't make it clear I'm on my phone. No they didn't connect the bladder. My body done that on its own. No idea why apparent it's really rare. But it's fixed now, and I hope it doesn't grow back because along with the poo it gave me one hell of a uti

Attached: IMAG01241.png (1944x2592, 3.56M)

>No idea why apparent it's really rare
Negatory.
Atleast based on my own experience i've seen it happen quite often, usually with patients suffering from fistulating morbus crohn.
Anyways, you should definetly ask your docs if its possible to connect your small intestine to your rectum and getting that stoma removed.
It wont be like it was before, but i do believe it would be a quality of life improvement.
Now its not always possible, but as i said before, we had cases where we did a subtotal colectomie, connecting small intestine and rectum and creating a temporary ileostoma.

holy fuck

I had thyroid cancer with lymph node involvement about 8 years ago. All I can say is it will get easier with time but I don't think it will ever go away fully. The feeling that it will occur somewhere else is always there, you just learn to live with it.

OP, thank you for making this thread. It made me realise yet again that I have absolutely nothing to complain about, compared to some poor sod somewhere. However bad things get for me, at least I'm not shitting through my goddamned penis, will be my motto from this day onward.

Attached: 1534700758004.jpg (1134x834, 322K)

The thing is, it makes sense to be paranoid, since its almost guaranteed to happen again.
I'm not saying this to be an asshole, but if you had cancer once, even if its cured, you can pretty much just count the days till your next diagnosis.
The onyl thing you can do is life your life accordingly, carpe diem and all that.

maybe swimming is more your thing?

Attached: fish.png (1362x704, 185K)

Imagine being this Jewish

You're going to make some gains at getting into a medical journal. Godspeed.

????????????????????????????????

Keep going, man. If you can keep going we all can. If not for you, maybe for those who can't, or don't.

Like we pray for those who don't pray for themselves. Be stronger than your body. I appreciate that you're struggling, man. Thank you.

Look death, and fear in the face, and say not fucking today. Fuck you. And work despite it. But also, take serious things serious.

stage 1 seminoma, 6 years remission. I'd be lying to you if I said it gets easier.

he says "oh my", change your filename

redpilled as fuck, same
ataraxia is the best way to live

I have rebuilt my body a number of times so I know what's involved. But I don't know how many more times I can go through that mentally. For now I think I still have some fight left in me. Seeing others use my sercomstances as motivation, really pushes me to keep fighting to make the most of my life.

Thank you everyone for the support! I don't think you know how much it helps

You believe in the truth of the statistics, and they say you are 99% not likely to have a remission. Your rate for other cancers is no different from anyone elses.

When you feel an ache it's just that.. an ache. Everyone gets them.

Go live your life. Immerse yourself in it. Days will pass, weeks, months and you'll realize you haven't thought about cancer the whole time.

You should claim the assistance. You have a serious disability. There is no shame in this. The assistance is there because you are a part of a society that takes care of those who are unfortunately in your position.

Your goal should be to maintain your health, and to uphold the society that has granted you the ability to live in a way that is better than any other in your situation had before, and could even better for those in the future.

Remember there are many kinds of fitness, and they do not only dwell in the muscles and the bones. There is fitness of the mind. Of the life. You may have an idea in your head of being an example for others through your physical fitness, but there are other paths to nobility.

He should also get his testosterone checked. That was hell and back for me and I wound up with some bone loss/osteopenia from it. Oncological urology does not give a shit about your testosterone levels and won't bring it up, so if you're like me you have no idea what your baseline was before you chopped off your traitor.

Also, I hope you froze. LH and FSH is going to cook your nut from hypertrophy.

Yo dude, welcome to the ileostomy/ j pouch life man. I don't want to come off as a dick, more just welcoming and understanding, I know it's confusing and scary at times but I will tell you that it gets better...

I have a precancerous genetic syndrome where I am bound to get cancer anywhere in my body due to a genetic defect in my gene sequence. Some days are shit, some days are better, but I have noticed that marijuana helps to an incredible degree with hydration and electrolyte balance as well as inflammation and related pain/nausea.

Unfortunately you will need to deal with this largely on your own, but you will get much better at this. Your body is in a state of shock, remember to be kind to it and let yourself heal before you rip your muscles up with lifting. Again, it gets easier. Just wait a little and try a few diets-high fat low carb worked really well for me when I was first getting back into it.

You look like a space marine now