Waking up really early in the morning

does it actually have health benefits or is it bullshit?

Attached: 5am.jpg (1155x915, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4648699/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16147900
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28139148
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15892926
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3130594/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2820578/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>even if you don't want to
Dont do this. Do what works for you. I do what doesn't make me feel like shit. I've tried 4am,5, and 6. I've tried sleeping earlier Doesn't work. 7am works for me

Health benefits? Maybe. Life benefits? Absolutely.

It depends. It's a complex issue with a lot of variables. Some of them are personal, for example circadian rhythms.

Do what the other user says and do what works for you.

Bullshit. There is a strong body of evidence that already demonstrates people are inclined to different biological rhythms and also that this changes throughout the years e.g. childhood, teenagers, adulthood, elderly.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4648699/

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16147900

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28139148

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15892926

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3130594/

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2820578/

I should have followed up with pointing out that genetic and environmental circumstances in light of this body of evidence suggests that people will find different patterns of sleeping or 'time to awake' more or less beneficial - not an outright dismissal of early risers in general.

Do what works for you, many people are inclined to later phase work day being more productive .e.g night owls, and so much the better for them if it works for them.

Unfortunately your own personal circumstances e.g. 9 - 5 day job may work against you achieving a better life-control over your sleep habits.

Yeah.
Children should sleep longer
Teens should go to sleep later and get up later.
Adults can sleep the full 8 hours
Oldsters can sleep less then 5.

>normal = fat
>5:30 = ripped

>Teens should go to sleep later and get up later.
Stop making excuses for your laziness. Teens need more sleep than adults and tend to stay up later so they sleep late, but no they "should" not be staying up later.

3:30am master race here. meal prep and plan out the day then go for a run and watch the sunrise. go for a walk in the evening and watch the sunset in bed at 7:00pm.

This is pretty much everyone in the military and I doubt you think they're superhumans or whatever

I worked at a morning stocker at a hardware store in grad school. Shift was 4-9 and I miss getting up that early. The only time I get up that early now is to fish or hunt, but waking up at 3:30 is better than people would initially think.

>In bed at 7pm
Let me guess. You are single and have no social life.

pist noon degen here. I uaually pass put around 3 a.m. Tell me how to get up early when I have no reason to get out of bed or feel worthless

Just progressively sleep earlier by setting a strict bedtime. Tonight sleep at 2:45. Then 2:30. Then just keep going.

This sounds stupid, but you just have to fucking do it. If you need strangers on the internet to give you some kind of life hack to wake up early you're never going to do it. It's all about discipline.

Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy but socially dead.

You're too exhausted to stay up late watching tv/fapping/eating junk food

How can I wake up at 5 am when that is my usual bedtime?

Animaniacs?

Attached: 5.png (949x1300, 167K)

I think like some people say here, everyones different. Your schedule is uniquely yours so whatever works best for you. Its important to get rest and i think a good thing with waking up is to just make sure youre well rested and a routine wake up time is always helpful, just because once it becomes routine you see how easy it is to implement a good habit. So the waking up at 4am everyday is probly more like just wake up routinely around the same time if your schedule permits to start Your day off on the right foot. A small victory.

Getting up in the morning and getting plenty of sunlight exposure is one of the best things you can do to fight depression.

But it's a lot easier said than done. Been struggling for years.

I live on the border between the Eastern and Central time zones. I can drive 10 minutes away and the time will go back an hour.

In addition to this we are in Daylight Savings Time right now. I usually get up around noon, but if I were just a few miles down the road and if the idiotic DST were abolished I would be getting up at 10 am, which is socially a huge difference. As soon as I am able I plan on moving to the CST zone.

waking up early (before sunrise) boosts testosterone and increases growth hormone distribution

As long as you do your workout and accomplish something in your day, waking up early is a meme.

Just do what works for you, otherwise you'll just be a tired "I woke up at 5am what's your excuse" type of faggot.

this, I am waking up usually at 5:45 to go to gym at 6, but in order to do that I need to go to sleep around 22:00, sometimes I am not even home at that time

How does life work for you when the time zone is so quickly separated from one end to the next? This is rather fascinating to me.

Teens get tired later, by a couple hours, than adults. That doesn't mean 1 am obviously, but it means 11pm to midnight is probably optimal with an 8am ish wakeup time

It's bullshit. There's evidence that high iq people stay up later/wake later. Brainlets that think waking up earlier makes them better are just coping. Also reminder that brainlets do the most coping of any group.

There may be some research but as its been posted in this thread it varies. The 1 min facebook videos that claim 'OMG if you (insert somewhat lazy or self indulgent behaviour) it means you're (more likely to be intelligent /succesful/attractive). That is just making plebs feel better about themselves and to numb any moment of self reflection and improvement they may have.

i really wish people would stop posting like this

dont just post links

do a tldr explaining why the study is good and controlled, then the tldr results...

the amount of times ive clicked on a link and it is either not conclusive etc is annoying

>what are weekends?

tried watching that 5:30 video and apparently the premise is you have to sleep less too. cant really see the benefits in that.

if I could choose I would get up at sunrise

Just do your workout and sleep a good number of hours to relax your body, what's so complicated.

I havent seen any real statistics

I am a machine operator and work in mining/construction and wake up at 3am on days when i lift and 4am on rest days, on days off i feel far better getting up at a reasonable time, training is better, i feel leaner, im in a better overall mood

The only benefit to the whole early rise is that you have a couple more hours in the day, you might feel a little more organised depending on what your day entails

>wake up at 7:00
>get breakfast
>digest while mediating
>go to gym at 7:30
>workout and shower, leave the gym at 8:45
>be the first to arrive at work since its 5 minutes away from my gym
>still manages to get enough sleep and social life
Having your home, office and gym 5 minutes away from each other by foot is living the dream, I still don't know how I managed to do that but I'd never trade it for anything.

Attached: me on the right.jpg (2048x1360, 295K)