Ywn move to a log cabin in a coniferous forest on a secluded mountain

>ywn move to a log cabin in a coniferous forest on a secluded mountain
>ywn spend hours a day on calisthenics and meditation, conditioning your body and mind to perfection and all while surrounded by nature's beauty
>ywn sustain yourself only on game you hunt, and on plants you pick from your small garden and the surrounding woods
>ywn live like this way into your 100s
>ywn truly leave humanity behind
>ywn be the Mountain Man

Anyone else know this feel?

Attached: 1535648525495.png (412x407, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YsIhqaw2aWM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Live in Denver Colorado
Go to the national parks every week
I know this feel so well

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 10K)

That's exactly how I feel right now. Yes.

Take the tedpill mate

Have you read Walden yet?
I'm going to soon, I think it's related to this post.

YES

I

WILL

FUCKER

>you will never...
Why won't you? If that's really what you want, go do it. There are so many wooded areas in North America that you could find a job within commuting distance of a forest somewhere. They sell DIY pre-built log cabins for under $100,000, too. Or you could build a small A-Frame house for even less.

Hi fellow CO user, you should really check out the abundant national forests and wilderness areas instead of just the national parks.
>just don't tell the normies

Attached: mountainman.jpg (4608x2592, 2.05M)

>quit the office life
>be living in a cabin inawoods atm
>found a trail where I go run that's like mystic
>two days ago ended up crossing a group of deers
>they stopped eating and watch me run by
>that feel
I don't know if I can ever come back to civilization senpai
I felt like true happiness for the first time

Nice fantasy but your internet addicted brain couldn’t handle it.

Sup CO bros, I’m living in the tech center area. Only been to RMNP so far but trying to get /out/ to the great sand dunes next month.

OP wants to be magically gifted the skills and knowledge to do that stuff. He’s too lazy to take the time to actually learn it.

Yes, you can, and so will I.
Catch me in 5 years when I'm up in northern united states fishing crystal clear streams on my property with my 13-year-old dogs who have been with me since I was 13, whom I will sadly bury under a great cedar tree.

Attached: 1535591747188.png (1440x720, 111K)

how do u earn money user

I saved up before I quit the office life. Life is cheap here but I will have to come down at some point and it will be soul crushing

did u read thoreau

>thoreau
Just googled him, he seems interesting
>not the guy you are replying to.

This shit makes me borderline suicidal.

>tfw can't do it because student debt

>I saved up
How old are you?

I lived in Estes park CO for two years, beautiful little mountain town in the Rockies at 7500' elevation by the entrance.of rmnp
There are

Attached: 10842224_10152835310457920_6903742334780595582_o.jpg (1199x761, 235K)

I haven't read him user but I'm going too.
Don't know much besides some basic things but what I read online I liked

Would it be comfy with a cabin qt to snuggle with user?
Also are the women in those areas typically fatter?

I'm out, I cant handle this. Its late I need some sleep. I will dream of this tonight and wake up crying. Thanks.

Attached: 1535467462093.png (769x440, 356K)

I'll add the summers were great, did a lot of hiking in the park and around town, met some fascinating people, partied hard, slept with most of waitresses and summer tourists etc etc but you have to be a VERY strong willed person to survive in that winter environment

Attached: FB_IMG_1463904097704.jpg (720x396, 40K)

You're like if chris mccandless survived alaska

I ended up getting a thicc mountain girlfriend halfway through the second winter and we did a lot of cuddling, I had a maximum comfy apartment right on the main drag and we were well liked among the locals, drank for free most of the time etc etc but even then, there are so many stressors, trying to make enough money to survive because there's no industry being the main one, that it strains every relationship up there

Kek. McCandless didn’t even make it to winter. I’ve looked it up before and the area he was in has average highs in the 70s and lows in the 40s in the summer which was the time of year he was there for.

im too addicted to this website to ever disconnect from the internet

CO user here, I lived in Laramie WY for a year and had pretty much the exact same experience as you without the thicc mountain gf. Not being able to make enough money really is a huge stressor. I was thinking about moving to Estes but what you described is exactly what I feared about living there.

Tell me the areas you go to.
I go to main different areas and some are busy while others are not

Let me know..

Don't get sad user, you have found a goal in life you want. That is more than some people can say.
Sleep well, work hard in the future and you will get it.
I believe in you user, I truly believe in you friend.

Yea I'm in DTC as well
You here for tech work?

What /out/ areas you been to?

Thanks y-you too.

Attached: 1535586625417.jpg (562x525, 44K)

Sounds breddy gomfy
youtu.be/YsIhqaw2aWM

Attached: med_1416243660_image.jpg (640x480, 85K)

Summer is tourist season because the park, if you can make enough and set yourself up you could probably do it smarter than I did but it's hard to make "real" friends and meet qts to stave off the loneliness because the only people in their twenties-thirties are the service industry people that do obnoxious amounts of drugs and are all there to run away from their problems.
It'd be worth it for a year or two tops if you had more than enough money, most people don't stay there longer than that

Nowhere I particular user, I go to several areas as well. I live in northern CO so I spend a lot of time all over Roosevelt NF (where I took that photo) and Routt NF, plus Rawah wilderness. That area (Highway 14) in general is far enough away from Denver that there are only a few other people around. Arapaho NF is also good when I meet up with friends who live farther south than me. I usually avoid the national parks and any well known trails or hikes in close proximity to Denver during the summer. I haven't been to southern CO very much, but I know from friends that there is just as much to do down there. I like national forests because there aren't nearly as many people as parks, and because I can camp dispersed pretty much anywhere at any time without worrying about huge fees and permits.

Given all the time you will need to spend hunting, gardening, etc., when will you have time for meditating? Just surviving should be exercise enough.

Literally my dream. But I also occasionally visit a small town to get some supplies, so I don't go insane from isolation.