Why is it so hard to maintain your friendships when you grow older...

Why is it so hard to maintain your friendships when you grow older? I'm moving away from my country for at least one year, so I invited a bunch of my high school "friends" on our chat group to a BBQ at my house so we can be together one last time before I go. I'm paying for everything: beer, steaks, sausages, snacks, you name it. The thing is I had to insist all day and only a few of them agreed to come after multiple messages. What the fuck is going on? I mean, maybe they dont like me that much, but then again who would reject a free BBQ? This shit really made me feel bad, I'm thinking about canceling the whole thing. I'm 32 by the way.

Attached: 1935614_933339450115433_1652763419312952620_n.jpg (899x899, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I’ll come to your BBQ user, I’m only 19 though.

how does this relate to fitness

Kys

Can I come? 22 btw

reddit.com/r/Fitness/

Here, this place should be more your speed.

i cri

work and kids.

In the last 2 years I got married and now have a baby.

I see my friends about 25% of the time that I used to.

The boomer who refuses to have a life...

That would be a valid excuse, but none of these guys have kids. I dont know if they have their own social circles or what, but it's really a bummer.

Thanks guys.

It's hard to maintain relationships. They likely aren't where they want to be in life

I'll go to ur BBQ op, you in northwest Indiana/Chicago?

What state are you in OP, I wanna come to a BBQ

Maybe you're not so cool and they don't consider you as a friend.
Maybe you're pushing people to do things they don't wanna do.
I know it hurts
Just embrace it

this, people are embarrassed by their current situation and don't want to be around others who have succeeded or in a better place. They are waiting to get their *shit together* before the next BBQ happens. and by the time they do get their shit together, they wont be invited to the BBQ anyway.

Don't feel too bad OP. It's a combo of what everyone here is saying.
1) Technology has fucked how we socialize up so much.
2) Short, shallow attention spans. Good luck talking about anything real with the majority of people these days
3) As you get older prirorities are diffrent. Family and work will take up at least five days of the week. The other two, you kind of just want to relax, pursue your hobbies and enjoy your family

This is why kids, especially sons are so important to have. Men that are deadbeat fathers or have no sons end up the saddest men. Also find a wife who you like.

>1) Technology has fucked how we socialize up so much.
bullshit it has. "normal" people have no issues socializing. normal people also use dating apps to easily get sex and find relationships. and its easier than ever to stay connected with people

just not for a worthless autist like me

>high school "friends"
Lmao

Normal people are more depressed than ever, more anxious than ever and their iqs are lower than ever. This is a fact at least in the U.S. The people you see on social media active are actually just a loud majority as well and a part of algorithms. Facebook will show you the person that got 100 likes and all their friends commentings vs the people getting 2 likes and having little interaction with others.

Why are you doing this?

Attached: DD3A894E-EAE9-488D-92C1-179FE82AE5BD.png (1242x2208, 2.87M)

This, full fucking stop
Especially if they're people you've known for a really long time

meant to say loud minority

Why is it so hard to maintain your friendships when you grow older? I'm moving away from my country for at least one year, so I invited a bunch of my high school "friends" on our chat group to a BBQ at my house so we can be together one last time before I go. I'm paying for everything: beer, steaks, sausages, snacks, you name it. The thing is I had to insist all day and only a few of them agreed to come after multiple messages. What the fuck is going on? I mean, maybe they dont like me that much, but then again who would reject a free BBQ? This shit really made me feel bad, I'm thinking about canceling the whole thing. I'm 32 by the way.

fuck off with "more people are depressed than ever". no way is that true. then again maybe i am biased because of what a loser i am, but form what i see people arent depressed or anxious.

why are you on /b/ loser?

? Explain.

If you look at news of who kill themselves, you would see that the vast majorities are normies.

Depression does not care if you are autist or normal.

Autists unironically cope with isolation far better than normal people. In the least euphoric way possible, if you subjcted a normie to the kind of extended social isolation that it seems half of posters do theyd probably off themselves.

This is true. Normies are less like to see the permanence in death and question what death is as well. More impulsive

You got a point there.
Autists are used to feeling 4/10, so when depression brings them to 1 or 2, it sucks but it's not a big deal.

Normies are used to feeling 7 or 8/10, so it's quite the experience for them.

Thanks for teaching me a bit of empathy.

>32yo
You were together in highschool for 4 years, it's been 14 years since then, maybe that's why? Highschool friends are just people you killed time with when you were young and you had time to kill, there's no reason to cling to those relationships.

Attached: XIFmAYf6EQwtyc3q7NMEROzwOW44lJrJFTQU-ykXQ7I.jpg (688x767, 102K)

Social gatherings become a chore as you get older. Most people only go to them out of courtesy.
It also gets easier to say "No" and not feel bad about it

are you in southern Alberta? if so, i will attend your bbq. srs

Attached: 1518536284147.gif (245x180, 891K)

bingo

My group of friends from high school (graduated in 08) are also having a reunion type party at the end of the year. We were really close and fell out of contact after 2 years out of high school.

I wasn't the one who organized it but once I got the invite I immediately did my RSVP. I feel bad for you user, I would just continue the party and don't beg people to come. People who really treasure your friendship will move mountains to send you off right.

People change. Some turn into assholes, some get fat, some turn into NEETs. Tons of reasons why people would decline. But I doubt you are the reason why they arent going.

Attached: wojakedge.jpg (720x460, 35K)