24 years old

>24 years old
>dad started balding before 20
>I still have my head full of hair and the hairline hasn't moved a mm

H-have I defeated genetics? Am I f-free from this curse?

Attached: giphy[1].gif (245x194, 808K)

The gene for baldness is X linked, and comes from your mother's side of your family, not your father's. If your mother's father, or your grandmother's father were bald and your mother has a full head of hair you have a 50/50 chance of going bald.

>The gene for baldness is X linked
[citation needed]

this isn't the entire story for baldness but probably true for OP

>tfw not balding but naturally huge forehead

Attached: 1527874154222.jpg (680x684, 37K)

just look it up faggot

How common is for women to get bald? Maybe it's extremely common but all of them wear wigs.

> never gunna make it

>Previous studies have shown baldness to have a complex genetic architecture, with particularly strong signals on the X chromosome. However, these studies have been limited by small sample sizes.

You literally fell for the headline meme. Go back to reading and stop posting for a few months

Its a cliche but true that hair shit comes from your mums side. My dad was a cue ball at 30. Im in my 40s now with a full head of hair.

My mom was the product of a one night stand during the whole Los Angeles "free love" hippie bullshit, her dad is some anonymous surfer dude, guess I'll never know

>tfw all men of the family have full head of hair in their 70's and 80's
Though for some it just gets that white-silver color in their 50-60's

Attached: 7cbfb184.jpg (464x346, 27K)

>mum has thick, dark hair
>dad has a solid hairline at 56
>all male relatives on both sides of the family have perfect harlines
>great uncle died at 67 with a full head of thick black hair without a single grey hair ever appearing
i am lucky in this regard. of course my hair is beautiful

>with particularly strong signals on the X chromosome.
>strong signals
>X chromosome
all you're hiding behind is 'small sample sizes'.

Bullshit. The only way a genetic trait can be passed down through only one parent is if it is the father. Colorblindness is vastly more common in males because the gene is contained in Y chromosomes.

And its about all you're standing on.

who /goinggreyin20s/

My mother's father was a man with his head full of silver hair.

Is my hair gonna be ok?

Attached: Ian-McKellen-Net-Worth.jpg (1010x1574, 489K)

It hurts

Attached: motorola.png (590x644, 408K)

You don’t know shit. If colorblindness were on the Y chromosome then it would never appear in women, it’s on the X. Because a man has only one X if he possesses the gene it is manifested irregardless. A woman needs both her X chromosomes to have the recessive allele.

Kek
In most cases, even if they Carry the baldness gene It wont translate to actual baldness because they lack the high dht levels

I'm 23 and have more or less lost 70% of hair, and have started considering saving up for a hair transplant. Though I'm not sure if it's worth it or not.

What do you guys think?

Approved
10/10

Attached: IMG_1603.jpg (960x720, 130K)

you can change this if you lift long enough. high test literally shortens your forehead

I'm a grill and as long as you have a beard you're good to go

buzzcut+beard is maximum attractiveness

>entire family on dad and mom side all have good hair, no hair loss until they are 70+
>I'm balding at 21
JUST