What does Jow Forums think about skateboarding?

What does Jow Forums think about skateboarding?

Attached: Screenshot_20180901-124120.jpg (720x921, 377K)

For faggots

For kids, like hoola hoops.

skated for a couple years, honestly exremely fun and i think quite good for cardio but really dangerous looking back on it.

worst I ever did was fall down staircases, fall on rails, and eat shit at 40MPH on asphalt

Bi polar activity. Many types of people will skate but the exact type of people will also mock it. Mainly just malnourished people skate

skaters are badass. takes a lot of courage to do th tricks, so they're either courageous or dumbasses

Id like to read that Greg Weaver interview

Attached: velhil.jpg (1200x1600, 445K)

i love bombing hills still dont do much tricking any more. Decent for the quads if you go a long distance and switch stances to keep it balanced

Good workout and super fun with friends

I never got good at it but skated a lot in college. Skating is not a Jow Forums hobby. It's fun if you devote a lot of time to it (usually adults good at it started at a really young age when they had tons of spare time) but it will wreak havoc on your body and you're very likely to break your arms and legs, tear tendons (ACL, MCL), and herniate/distort your spine

Pick up a different sport. I know it looks cool but after you land your first ollie after months of rigorous practice you'll probably wish you used that time to do something less childish and self-destructive

Attached: 1533929677911.jpg (1472x1047, 131K)

>months to land an ollie
It should take a week

Fun and awesome as fuck

Not if you're a fully grown adult with shit to do

You dont have one hour a day to spare? I'm working full time and going to school part time and can still find free time pretty easy

go out like tas pappas

Dont be like this little bitch right here, treat skateboarding like you do your training and you will do just fine.

Keeps people happy and active.

So.
You're still behind the curve.
Don't bitch at something you fucking suck at because you don't like watching others have fun with it.

t. guy who’s never skated a day in his life
found the rolller derby faggot

the boxxing threads are bad enough

get the fuck off Jow Forums and go back to /sp/ you infiltrator cunt

What? What about my post makes you think i dont skate?

I don't mean to stir the pot, I'm just speaking from experience faggot. I loved skating and still do it now and then, but have risked some serious injuries and ended up with a herniated disc from constant repetitions of simple flatground tricks

I wouldn't recommend it OP but if you want to try it then by all means, just be safe about it and listen to your body. A traumatic brain injury won't make you feel like chad

If you really believe just any 25-30 year old boomer can go from not standing on a board in their life to landing a decent ollie in no more than 7 hours, I don't know what to tell you

Gotta agree with this guy. After a certain age you really have to weigh the risks of skating with your work and other hobbies. It's a dangerous hobby with potential for serious lower body issues later on in life from all the impact and whatnot

Skateboarders are all shitty people.

i used a longboard for transportation at a bike-heavy college since it was much more maneuverable and portable, can easily switch from skating to walking, and didnt have to lock up a bike

bit of an asymmetric workout though, one leg is pedalling and the other is stabilizing

>switch stances to keep it balanced
Fuck that.

Attached: 620850F5-3205-4531-8B8E-DD3BD33F1527.jpg (372x750, 136K)

sk8boarding is gay and mainstream. Rollerblading is where it's at.

Attached: backslide.jpg (537x720, 32K)

It's nice before 22yo.

Skated when I was about 13-19. Just started again this 10 years later this year.

It's really fun and I think it's a shame to waste time and effort you put into something in the past.

Attached: NKAns.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

One week to find your balance maybe. Another to hit an ollie. Next would be a shove it. Should be able to learn it all in roughly a month. Two at the max. Everything after that takes some time and is usually the make or break point for everyone

>not longboarding from class to class during university

legit made uni so much more fun, saved so much time and energy, and tons of chads on my campus had longboards so you can't shit talk them

>mfw I see a longboardie stop to go over a curb

Attached: 1457364544774.jpg (720x480, 32K)

shit tier for lifters due to high rate of injury plus when you get injured you get fucked for real(broken bones and stuff)

I just ordered a 27" pennyboard to cruise around our small town with my gf

Good way to fuck yourself up

Oh trust me, everyone shit talks long boarders

You don't quit skateboarding because you get old, you get old because you quit skateboarding

yeah, but in the same way people shit talk chads by calling them fuccbois.

When you're really good like me you can skate a park for hours and get a killer leg workout and cardio without getting hurt much cause I know how to fall after 25years of skating. I'm 35 btw. Ex pro, not currently sponsored, still get flowed some product tho

No we just call you faggots

Jokes on you. I longboard for transportation and fully respect normal skateboarders.

how on god's green earth can you "fully respect" a skateboarder? Generally they are high horse riding degenerates. They have a chip on their shoulder and are lower IQ than most of the population. What's going on big guy?