What are your experiences with psychologists and therapists like?

What are your experiences with psychologists and therapists like?

Attached: 1533835139935.jpg (800x533, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YxK6pmkpSa8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not trying to lose thousands of dollars on therapy

People go intp that field almost always because they have more questions than answers. They are very rarely wise. Went through the system for a year and met 1 therapist who I respected. He was a crack addict for 25 years, turned his life around, and wanted to reach people before they made the same mistakes he did. The ones who come fresh out of college as young adults with a degree are actually useless sophists.

its all a meme.
if you have serious issues dont bother they dont fucking help.

if you have meme depression they will help, just like reading a self help book.

They cannot help real robots, I repeat they cannot help.
so do not pay them.

>therapists
>the
>rapists

Originigger

Attached: scaredpepe.png (604x613, 257K)

Therapists: fine if you're suffering from depression or anxiety but they do not understand more complicated mental health disorders.
Psychologists: hit or miss. It doesn't take much more education to be a psychologist than it does to be a therapist.
Psychiatrists: Probably your best odds since they are actual doctors who have actually completed medical school and residency. They're also the only ones that can prescribe medication, and unlike the others they most likely understand it well enough to know whether it's a good idea or not.

The bottom line is that you're very likely going to have to try a number of mental health professionals before you find one you can work with.

I've seen two therapists and a psychiatrist.
First therapist was useless but didn't do any harm.
My psych is very helpful and medication has alleviated a lot of my distress.
New therapist is much better and more high-energy. She's older and has kids so that might be why. It helps to be called out on my shit when I'm having loops of depressive thoughts.

My ex is a psychologist, we had some amazing sparring matches

>"muh chemical imbalance" meme

no thanks doc. i am a based and redpilled man i do not need your poison.

Attached: 1524627993241.jpg (281x211, 9K)

>psychologists
>psycho
>log
>is
>TS

Attached: vGTe5TqmYLCjOgmX5QGC7w9CIlQ.gif (400x399, 191K)

You are mentally ill and are in no position to judge anyone.

This is only because real robots are lazy. Therapy requires effort, so of course robots are against it.

Most mental illnesses do not compromise one's judgment of character.

Psychoanalysis is the cure, not this shit

Waste of money and time, wagakakakaka

Oh yes they do. You're just unable to grasp it due to mental illness.

He's right though. Lots of people have anxiety and depression as teens and decide to major in psychology at college because of it. Then all those psych majors become therapists or clinical psychologists without resolving their own mental issues.

Don't be that way. I can have opinions on things like anyone else. I'm more qualified than anyone because I interacted with the ones that I couldn't fire or stop seeing.

Attached: 1526276353406.jpg (599x569, 73K)

I'm able to understand the symptoms of the mental illness with which I've been diagnosed and none of them impact judgment.
Following your line of reasoning, you could mentally ill yourself and have no idea because you're too mentally ill to know.

done ok with therapists but am currently getting fucked by psychiatrist. He basically refused to listen to my concerns that I did not want to take fucking xanax 3 times a day everyday forever. we literally danced around in circles about the issue until we both just let it drop. Anyway I got pissed off and decided to stop seeing him so I went and told the mental health place I wanted to switch psychiatrists. They made a big fucking deal out of it and said there would have to be an "investigation" before I could switch.

So I get the call about 3 weeks later and they basically tell me I have to keep seeing him even though I don't trust him at all and will probably trash his office and hit him if I go back. The worst part is I live in a small isolated town and the next available psychiatrist I could find is 150 miles away. Hell this town isn't even that small it has close to a 100k people but most of the psychiatrists got pulled into this one clinic and the rest are not taking new patients. I paid 420USD to these fuckers for my first visit and medicaid picked up the second which should of been less since it was 30 minutes and not 90 minutes.

At this point I am just thinking about tapering down my meds and giving up entirely. The problem here is one of my meds could have serious effects while tapering down like multiple seizures that could result in death or brain/nerv damage. It also completely fucks my disability claim big time.

I wont go quietly though I intend to inform the county and state health boards as well as medicaid because its tax payer money paying for this trash doctor. media will be notified as well and I will likely look into legal action. Do not fuck with a pissed off suicidal neet who has all day to write every single news media outlet in the country as well as social media.

tldr mental health doctors can help or make shit ten times worse. its all fucking RNG

Yeah you just told your drug dealer you were trying to get off the sauce, of course he acted like that.

Wait can you really be forced to take drugs? Now I'm starting to regret making a doctor's appointment.

This is true. Im usually vague in my responses to see if they're paying attention enough to look deeper into what I'm saying they just respond with mhm or with another question.

no they cant force me to but it looks bad for the disability that you don't. So I just filled the xanax once a month and it didn't take it.I did it try it for a good month and a half and it was not good.

Okay thank god. I do not want to take drugs unless it would really help and have minimal/no side effects.

She told me that I wasn't emotional enough to help me.

youtube.com/watch?v=YxK6pmkpSa8

well let me warn you benzos and SSRI's are fucking poison I got erectile dysfunction from SSRI's and apparently benzos can cause it too. Benzos in general area really hard to get off of if you take them regularly and can permanently alter your brain which will usually numb you and make you into a fucking zombie. I guess this is what they mean by being "cured" you feel nothing and have very little ambition so you work some dead end wage slave job at Taco bell until you die. Society benefits having middle aged and old people working in those jobs because of all the turn over. Its basically the lobotomy of the 21st century.

still some people like regularly taking benzos usually abusing it and taking to much or adding it to alcohol and shit. they typically just lay around all day in a stupor and have trouble even lifting their heads up to get out of bed.My old psychiatrist in the city was very anti benzo and showed me shit from all the patients he was helping to get off of them. On benzos these people could not do basic things like drawing a square.

Fuck that. I just want therapy honestly. If that doesn't work I will just kill myself. Should I avoid mentioning suicide so I don't get forced on drugs? I don't really know what to even expect with this.

They ruined me
Its a long story but basically doctor patient confidentiality isnt real. They told my parents, cops, extended family and others personal information about me and it really fucked me over bad.
Aditionally PSA, if you see a therapist for basically anything, even minor stuff you cant join the US military anymore as they have access to all your records without your consent. If you have ever taken prescribed add or depressant meds you p much cant join the military.

did you tell em you were a pedo? ofc theyre gonna rat on you

No because im not a fuckin pedo.
A np "inferred" that i might be suicidal so they thought it was a good idea to calll the cops on me to take away my guns without warning. This was after just meeting her, a 15 minute conversation at most. I didnt tell her anything that i hadnt already told my therapist and gp.
So the cops told slews of people including my family. The redneck dumbshit cops here had the latest school shooting on their minds and thought i was some kind of threat. Idiots. Thats not even what the np told them. np has since left the practice and my guns were returned because nobody else was that alarmist and dumb but now everyone in town thinks im the next elliot uncluding my father.
Basically, dont seek help, they only fuck you over more and try to put you on uneeded expensive meds for their own profit. And if you own guns (not even a Jow Forums fag, i just like old milsurp rifles) you should never ever tell them that. Its really counterproductive on their part imo. It just encourages the real potential elliots out there to either not seek mental help or to be dishonest about gun ownership and suicidal ideation.

I went to some therapists in high school because my parents realized I was weird as fuck. The whole time I felt like a normal social situation where I had to lie pretending I had friends and social experiences because I didn't have the guts to say I was just an outcast with no friends that played competitive pokemon all day. Eventually I just pretended to be better around my parents so I could stop going. Total waste of time because did not feel I could be honest with therapist.

Honestly in my experience it seemed like a bullshit way to make me feel okay with mediocrity and failure. Therapists help you externalize failures on others so you never have to take responsibility for your actions.

How can one of these people possibly be expected to understand your mind better than you can understand it yourself? Don't tell me that they lack bias, because that's probably not even true and it still wouldn't trump the fact that you have decades of experience with your own mind, while they've only gotten a brief description.

>It also completely fucks my disability claim big time
explain pls

First off please don't kill yourself, if you need help get it. Second off it depends how you approach the issue. Ask your therapist or shrink or whoever you're going to see about what they have to report (usually it's only if you're a clear and present danger to yourself or others). Most of the time contemplating suicide but no material plans (ie suicidal thoughts) will not trigger reports. You're at therapy after all to address these. Saying however you plan to do xyz on such and such date will do so.

That being said honesty is helpful, and the more open you are the better they can help. Hope that's helpful.

>has the money to get professional help

yes very relatable user

Attached: 1533979169334s.jpg (124x125, 2K)

> Gives you benzo addiction
> Damages your kidney for trying out 100 fucking pills to replace the benzo.

> end up worse than before

"Heh nothin personnel kid"

Attached: aid68317-v4-728px-Get-Over-an-Anime-Addiction-Step-5-Version-3.jpg (728x546, 41K)

I've had some therapy that was really life changing, some that was a frustrating pain in the ass, and some that was just a waste of time.
It's truly an art rather than a science. Psychotherapy has fads. When I was first in therapy, lots of therapists believed in Satanic ritual molestation, and kept trying to recover people's "suppressed memories" of being molested as kids. I've seen therapists who were in recovery from addiction and tended to see virtually everyone as some kind of addict or another.

The ideal is to be referred to a therapist by someone with issues similar to yours who has found them useful.