Do you play Second Life or engage in any virtual chat rooms?

Do you play Second Life or engage in any virtual chat rooms?

Attached: yes_001.jpg (1600x1200, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OtQ4tSweimo
youtube.com/watch?v=dXqnOS1UANM
youtube.com/watch?v=zMj2IvJu6jA
youtube.com/watch?v=lj5r33Ayb6M
youtube.com/watch?v=prj-x4GJ2Vs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no because I'm trying to leave the house more not less

literally the fedora tipping of games

No, sorry, I'm straight

no one is $100 straight

Attached: yes_002.jpg (1600x1200, 193K)

I wish I could commit to making the outfits and stuff but I don't see myself socializing any better on a game like Second Life than on any other MMO. I also would be the only single person on the game that wouldn't be playing for cybersex so what else is there really to do?

i'd go gay for $1000

You could make games, design clothes, design houses/buildings, make cars, go on road trips, make haunted houses,

Attached: yes_003.jpg (1600x1200, 185K)

Whoa, that all sounds awesome, but I have one last question - can you shapeshift, into *any* animal? And do you need to grind for money for all of these things?

Everything is user generated. You could buy avatars, clothes, and animation overrides or you can make your own with 3rd party software. There's tons of free stuff if you don't feel like buying anything.

>play second life from 2004 to 2008
>never have any real friends
>just buy avatar upgrades
>tried to fit in the furries once
>had a fake furry bf
>tfw he dropped me when we exchanged pics
i still cant believe they added titty physics.

Was it ever possible to shit up second life weddings?

might be too dumb to play for free and make all my own stuff, I have never dabbled in 3D animation before and would have to learn it all from scratch

Attached: 1494771778786.jpg (244x206, 9K)

vrchat is pretty fun

Attached: VRChat_1920x1080_2018-07-18_01-14-39.518.png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

Yea, I like to fuck around as a mute knight in vrchat
It's fun to boop anime girls on the nose and pantomime all my reactions to things
While I have made friends, it's never been someone I can chill with whenever

youtube.com/watch?v=OtQ4tSweimo

youtube.com/watch?v=dXqnOS1UANM

youtube.com/watch?v=zMj2IvJu6jA

I only know about Second Life through trolling videos. But I thought about giving it a try. Seems like its glory days are over though.

i'm fucking dying I need to get in on this shit!

Yeah I don't know the specifics but I guess there's griefing tools

you should watch Story Lavenderdel and The Bad Guys if you like Second Life trolling.

youtube.com/watch?v=lj5r33Ayb6M

youtube.com/watch?v=prj-x4GJ2Vs

>griefing tools
>tfw one of my first SL memories was of someone using tubgirl as a particle effect.

griefing? these aren't staged?

Yeah I know about Lavender because that guy has teamed up with her in one of his videos

>slamming on your keyboard
>he's talking in mic
lllooll

yeah, i play vrchat sometimes.
its nice to actually interact with people without any risk.

its also nice to play my guitar for someone else.

Attached: gita.jpg (725x508, 76K)

what is the main difference between VRchat and SL?

I liked playing vrchat until it was overrun with beta orbiters and people whiteknighting over CGI avatars.

idk, ive never played sl.
but vrchat is in vr which is really cool. also its full of anime and memes. im not sure sl has that

I remember playing SL for a little bit with a girl I met on Runescape, we talked on MSN and she got me to play it, it was pretty fun from what I remember. I might give VRchat a little spin and see if I can relive some of those memories.

Attached: 1363281627430.jpg (774x1032, 135K)

VRChat :
-you need an account to view other avatars upclose (avatars disappear if you get too close to them)
-only way to chat is with a microphone. There's no text chat or private messages
-you can't save multiple avatars
-you need a headset to be able to interact with others and objects in a meaningful way
-better physics engine so it's more optimized for user generated games such as Death Race, paintball matches, etc

Second Life:
-you need multimedia and communication skills to unlock the game's full potential. There's a steep skill learning curve. You need to learn how to build , learn how to model, etc.
-you can text chat if you don't feel like using mic
-you can add friends, landmark places
-game isn't really designed with gameplay in mind so the only good games are tabletop games and simple puzzle games
-environments are more massive and can have multiple levels (basements, top floors, etc)

I go on vr chat because I have a vive. You see some funny stuff but I always leave it feeling a bit sad, everyone always seems to be friends with each other and they all have fun while I jump world to world listening to their conversations. Its online yet I still feel a bit anxious trying to socialize on it.

I feel like SL is full of older wizard tier people that I can relate to more than the loli gang/frog community or w/e the kids are doing

Don't bother with VRchat unless you have a mic or headset. You are forever in a static position unless you have a headset.

>There's a steep skill learning curve.
this is why I said I thought I might not be able to play the way I really want to, I'm not computer illiterate but this looks like it might be a little more involved than the sims. I don't mind using a mic once I established myself but I'd be running around like an idiot noob trying to figure things out on my own and take forever getting things together because I don't want to ask for help or spend real life money.
>game isn't really designed with gameplay in mind so the only good games are tabletop games and simple puzzle games
no that's good because MMOs are always dominated by competition and sometimes you just want to alternate reality without all the pvp food chain bullshit.
>environments are more massive and can have multiple levels (basements, top floors, etc)
I do like building houses but again the extent of my experience is playing the sims so I'd have to learn everything from scratch. otherwise it seems pretty neat desu.

You can do some pretty artsy stuff in Second Life

Attached: ArtButt.png (1920x1005, 1.73M)

yeah it is fun to mess around in i guess

i suck at it compared to a lot of folks but hey

Attached: morn_001.png (1600x1137, 1.9M)

second life is still a thing? Its been around for like 20 years.

meet-up when
and don't just post the /vg/ parcel, retards

>VRChat
>you can't save multiple avatars
Can you not? I swear I watched some of Jameskii's VRChat videos and he would open up some menu in-game and jusy change his avatar

>Its online yet I still feel a bit anxious trying to socialize on it.
this is me but not just about vrc

>this thread got me to reinstall after not playing for 6 years
I logged out the moment a pajeet said hi to me.
am i racist? sorry pajeet