Does keto really work?

Does keto really work?

Attached: 6C7CDDF3-0A35-47A4-AADA-A36ECD04C37E.jpg (716x960, 194K)

It works but it isn't fundamentally better than other diets. It's about being in a caloric deficit, getting enough protein, and how much of a caloric deficit you are at (you will lose muscle at a 1.5k calorie deficit but build a little at a 500 calorie deficit).

For some people it does. Some people react adversely to a high fat diet.
Anyone trying to push a specific diet to every single person without taking into consideration that humans process different foods differently is a dumb fuck .

For what? Causing heart attacks and strokes? You bet.

Eat just enough carbs to stay out of ketosis.

Your body will still burn fat for energy but you won’t fuck your joints in the process by turning your blood into acid

why would you add sugar and bread to a keto diet user?

I did keto
Worked REALLY well
Then I realized that the cook book I was making all my meals out of was vastly over reporting the kcals in the dishes
I was doing what must have been about a 1000 kcal deficit without realizing, and that's why it worked, not because I cut out carbs
That being said I was rarely hungry, so there is something to say for keto keeping you fuller for longer
Also should say, I lost about 2 months of lifting progress in 1 month on keto

To make it healthier along with removing all the fat

Short term weight loss: yes.

Long term health: no. It's actually detrimental.

this
IF+keto for cutting, 1 month max
reintroduce oats and other complex carbs after that

Is this guy’s diet plan good?

Attached: F6B7176D-E5A8-45D8-BB6E-F0178A363A7B.jpg (800x800, 142K)

Is this an old pic of the Snake Diet man

"""works""" if you don't care about lifting
but it does nothing that a normal diet won't do

So, is it any good?

Dont think it does. Quit keto after a few years strict low carb. Gained back exact amount of weight I “lost” in a matter of weeks due to water weight. Seems like it’s a meme. It does curb cravings and makes fasting easier. Cured acid reflux too. Probably just good for lack of sugar and wheat crap desu.

Is IF a meme?

>strict low carb for a few years
>gained back exact amount of weight in a matter of weeks
are you this pathetic?

Short answer no. Long answer it depends on what you want from it. It'll help you restrict calories, but it doesn't really help beyond that. It's mostly a reddit meme diet

I've been doing keto for over a year and lost 100lb. It might be a meme since I had a lot of backsliding. Even did a "cheat week" where I regained 30+lb.

I just like the diet though. It helped me quit sugar and my fast food trips are generally healthier. It gives me 0 excuse to indulge into candy and dense carbs like muffins. Makes OMAD a lot easier too. I'm sure people could get similar results on CICO, and arguably I didn't lose as much weight when I wasn't following keto+CICO. But damn I look way better. I've never been so thin in my adult life. I was so happy to buy a couple medium shirts. Actually want to go out in public now.

wuht? he never said he was fat did he? what are you on about? you can be cut as fuck and still lose water weight you brainlet. read a book.

It does but generally its really not worth it it's so restrictive and unless youre a fucking whale I wouldn't recommend it just eat fewer calories and increase your protien intake while still having carbs

Most people on Jow Forums should be eating less fat not more.

Less bad fat like seed oil and nuts perhaps. They need more good test raising fat like butter and eggs.

No, less fat in general. No more than 15% of their calories should be from fat.

Keto is good for weight loss. Thats about it.
Well the tests done on rats says it works. Personally it helps me avoid overeating and i feel pretty good on it.
When i'm not working out in general i'll do it and it feels like it helps me from getting fat

Guys I found the virgin

Attached: IMG_3528.jpg (612x612, 49K)

Gucci mane did keto while he was locked up

Attached: IMG_3793.jpg (320x189, 28K)

Yes, If you want your body to wear out faster, turn yourself into weelchair confined potato and die in your 40s

Keto is a meme for people too pussy to actually /fast/ and get full benefits.

So is veganism.
What's your point.

Momscience

They work 100% but they're STILL memes. Then again so is fasting.

My real point is that keto people are in ketosis but are mainly burning exogenous fat and not bodyfat and they're all so fucking scared of accidentally eating a grain of rice that'll kick them out of ketosis where fasting people can refeed on carbs all they want and land right back into ketosis in a day. I think it's easier to plan out my carbs and reefeeds than to worry about them.

But it works. Still a huge meme though.

You're not supposed to do "diets"
You're supposed to change YOUR diet permanently

>Does keto really work?
Keto isn't sustainable over a long period of time, because it's not actually healthy. You're better off eating a normal, wide-ranging diet, and limiting carb intake if you want to lose weight, not completely eliminate carbs as in Keto.

Nice boomerscience. Post your body.

>our worst tripfag in a decade
>talks shit about keto
What a surprise.

>normal, wide-ranging diet
>normal

You might not like it, but this is what peak momscience looks like

>work

It does provide nutrients to your body

Yes, but only if you want to maintain, you need to alternate it with fasting for cleansing and milk-bulking/GOMAD for bf increase

No but this does

Attached: IMG_20180902_174217_hdr.jpg (1600x912, 495K)

fake news

Yes. Even eating the same calories, it triggers fat burn over muscle. It's basic science that CICO teenagers can't process.
>keto for 2 years
>don't lift outside of my same physical labor job
>have less fat and am stronger than before keto
>muscles are bigger too

i'm going on a trip at the end of the month and have been on keto + 8/16 fasting for 10 days so far and went from 147 lbs to 141, so far i'd say it works and hoping this downward trend continues

but i'm a grill so not sure if it would work the same for men

>147lbs
>grill
EWWWW

the average us&a woman is 168 :

two dubs confirms you're gay

yes finally

Yep this pretty much don't think it's worth it unless you're morbidly fucking obese tried it for about 2-3 months noticed it was affecting my lifts despite having adequate protien/kcal intakes about 2 weeks into carbs and everything felt fine during workouts again. Lost a decent amount of bodyfat but it really isn't worth it trust me. And that's without mentioning the two weeks after you begin where you just feel like shit and your heart starts randomly racing sometimes, you can't sleep due to it racing while lying in bed because of your body releasing ketones (didn't happen after the two weeks) also the awful shits, tension headaches etc.

Others might react differently and it might be really good for them but for me I know from first hand experience it's just not worth it

Yes. It gives a very basic guideline that usually ends in people eating less and therefore losing weight.

don't ping me again for that faggot

Just fucking CICO with 100g/protein,carbs 50g/fats easy peasy

I've lost close to 43 lbs in a few months from Keto.

A lot of people say it's retarded and for delusional fatties and it's actually pretty understandable, you've got a diet that may seem like it's full of fat and butter and steaks, etc. Truth is if you actually do Keto and aim for less than 15g carbs a day you will literally get sick and tired of eating lean meat. Diarrhea all the time. Forget about ever tasting anything sweet at all and every single vegetable you get to try will actually taste like heaven.

Yeah it works and yeah it's cool but if you forget about at least staying in your fucking caloric limit don't even waste your time.

Any diet will work and discipline will bring the best rewards. You'll make it if you're serious bro.

LITERALLY JUST CALORIES IN, CALORIES OUT, you fat fuck

Attached: le-calorie-wojak.jpg (178x250, 6K)

I disagree

>less bad fat like the healthy kind
>more good fat like the heart disease kind
This is why you always do the opposite of what Jow Forums says.

>the heart disease kind

Outstanding meme

If Keto only 'works' because you're in a caloric deficit, then keto doesn't work, only CICO works.

Apparently drinking salt water and not eating makes you shrink and go bald and get ugly.

>land right back into ketosis in a day.
I've done a 25 hour fast and a 23 hour fast back to back and I'm not in ketosis. I peed on the stick and the ketones came back as "small."

wtf

I limited my carbs too

You realize keto was popularized by neurosurgeons for to prevent exactly that right?

It all depends on the blood sugar level if it's to high you don't lose fat, but instead get hungry for sugar. So people who have blood sugar level problems need to do Keto or even prolonged Fasting to get there levels down enough to even loose fat.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (246x138, 14K)

You have to be regularly fasting.

>caloric deficit
Literally how does that have to do with keto

Ketosis != ketoacidosis

Did two months of keto and it was pretty good, but recently I've gone 2 weeks carnivore on a 500cal defect and I feel great. Have lost 7 pounds in that time and don't feel particularly hungry. I would recommend it to anyone.

>diet = caloric deficit
retard

the amount of protein I need to not go catabolic on a cut is too much to prevent ketosis from occuring.

oh please, you know damn well that the majority of people doing keto diet are trying to lose weight using it. Nobody is fucking bulking on keto

nobody gives a shit about what fat subhumans do and why. Diet is what people eat, caloric deficit is how people lose weight. You can do both keto+IF at the same time but it's completely different things, and you'll never lose weight on keto diet if you consume more than you burn.