/fat/ - tfw too smart to be skinny edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/ asses who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

If you ask for help, remember to include your
>height
>weight
>screenshot of MyFitnessPal/Cronometer/fatsecret food log
>confirmation you've read the OP and the sticky

Last thread

Attached: 1512696467916.gif (1162x890, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xqUO4P9ADI0
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>smart

Attached: wrong.jpg (250x250, 12K)

any of you fatties had constipation on your cut? since i got back on the wagon a few weeks ago i've been all fucked up. i'm starting to get bloated and can't eat normal portions. never taken a laxative before and have no fucking clue what to do there.

Attached: 1532818258374.png (600x600, 441K)

I don't want to be fat anymore.

Attached: 1524063368513.jpg (900x900, 82K)

drink a lot more water

i already drink at least 3 liters a day, how much is enough?

until it makes you shit
it really does help despite how monotonous it gets

Im not /fat/ but I have fat, specifically on my stomach. Is keto for a couple of weeks the best option?

no
3 liters is more than enough unless you do tons of cardio, sounds like you need more greens in your diet

>start week at 196.8lbs
>resign myself to probably not hitting 194.8lbs (my next goal for 25bmi)
>wake up friday
>196.4lbs
>wake up saturday
>weigh-in day
>194.4lbs (holy shit, bmi under 25 for the first time since I was a kid)
>went to gym but only did a half hour of cardio and then some pullups because it closes early as shit on weekends
>wake up today
>take a shit for the first time in a week
>193.4lbs
why couldn't I have taken that shit yesterday ;_;

Attached: file.png (1056x768, 177K)

well i'll try anything at this point

worth noting it's around 30c where i live so i do have to drink more water generally
though it's true i'm eating very little veg

eat less fibre. Excessive fibre from "healthy" foods causes constipation and bloating.

Attached: progress-full.jpg (4050x1160, 800K)

what does your current diet consist of? how many calories per day?

keto is just a crutch to get to calorie restriction

Thats neat ! Keep it up bruv

Attached: 1289234669067.png (566x557, 33K)

Yesterday after one week of keto diet, I went to a steakhouse and I threw up in the bathroom and today I can't smell food without feeling sick. I guess it's time to starting fasting.

Attached: fasting.jpg (640x559, 52K)

Track your fiber intake. Supplement with psyllium husk capsules if needed. If you're already constipated, maybe just start on them.

fibre increases constipation.
youtube.com/watch?v=xqUO4P9ADI0

getting some mixed messages here
probably gunna say fuck it and get a bunch of laxatives

Before you go for laxatives try prunes

simply put, fibre makes your shit harder and reduces the frequency of shits. If you are not pooping, eat less.

Bullshit. His claims contradict the standard consensus of doctors, and his degree is in sports medicine, so he has no deep knowledge of the different, and his entire field notorious for unscientific claims. Also his medical degree is from Australia which has notoriously low medical standards and enforcement.

He's a quack

No deep knowledge of the subject. Sorry. Autocorrect error.

This is not even his claim. Actually look at the study he references if you don't like him: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/

Hey Jow Forums, I've lost around 100lbs (was almost 300), but im still 20-30lbs overweight.If I fast and workout would my body burn the fat more?
(5'11", 194lbs)

do something about it then nerd

Attached: 1534094923079.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Why don't fat people just eat less?

we do retard

Then why are you fat? Eat more less

where did the fibre meme come from
is it (((them))) trying to sell us cereal?

Attached: 1516477345686.jpg (1342x664, 98K)

Not (((them))), but actually the Seventh Day Adventists. They basically took over dietary research and have had it under their control since the early 1900s.

I’m 6’2, 190 and active. I eat around 3000 calories a day usually, my last diet had me losing a couple of pounds but not really where I wanted to lose them

I should have fasted today but I ate dinner. I might miss my goal for tomorrow, fuck.

if you're on 3000 and consistently not gaining weight, simply cut to 2500 and keep careful track of your bf%. at 6'2, 170lbs is right in the middle of the healthy bmi range

You are eating too much.

Your sedentary TDEE is 2300. Eat 1800 and you should lose 1lb/week. Don't factor in activity level/exercise to what you eat.

Do you believe in the cheat day jew anons?
if so confess.

Attached: 28608096-fast-food-diät-konzept-auf-einem-teller-serviert-wie-ein-berg-von-fettigen-gebratene-resta (1300x1281, 209K)

no. cheat days are there to replenish nutrients you may not be getting otherwise. they're not there to pig out

that said, i get all my nutrients from my normal food so I don't need a "cheat" day

occasional pre-planned cheat days (i.e. eating at maintenance) can help reduce your body's metabolic adaptation to calorie restriction

ate nothing yesterday.
ate 3 apples today.
feel normal

How do you stop the cravings

Attached: 1495802221852.gif (729x758, 111K)

water
sleep
vidya
movies

I just do it because it makes sticking to a diet otherwise significantly easier.

I can be as strict as I want as long as I know there's one day I can treat myself to whatever I want. But if I were to just have to keep up with it the diet forever with no treats? I'd never stick to it.

That's been my mentality so far and I've lost 120lbs.

I never have "cheat days" in the sense of carelessly pigging out on food. The worst I ever do is eating 500 kcal more than what I normally would (basically at maintenance, maybe a little below depending on how much I did that day).

I lose weight a little more slowly doing it, but it makes it easier to stick to the plan and not fall off the wagon.

Drink water until you aren't hungry anymore, and then drink some more on top of it.

Find something to distract your mind so you aren't constantly thinking about food (vidya works good for me, but there's plenty of other things)

i have cheat days, wherein i follow IIFYM, and still eat at a deficit, but i dont pig out like I used to. pic related, pretty much every single cut day, about once every 2 weeks

Attached: FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK.png (548x251, 14K)

watar, ice, gum, doing something with my hands to not think about it. After about 3 weeks after starting my diet, I didn't really get cravings unless my family was cooking one of my favorite meals that I couldn't eat because I didn't plan my macros around that day

Im finally 60ibs down and I want to start going to the gym but PPL looks so fucking hectic and I know ill be dead after my first workout and not be able to do the second day. Is it fine to maybe work compounds for a couple weeks to get my body into the whole working out process before starting a PPL routine?

do SS, its more effective and only 3 days so its good if you are't used to working out

I was thinking that but a gym friend said that would kill me aswell as im an absolute beginner. Also what could I replace power cleans with if I were to do it as the gym is my uni gym and they don't allow power cleans.

making porridge laced with 100g of dried prunes, wish me luck lads

>that would kill me aswell as im an absolute beginner

SS is literally made for people like you. It's called STARTING Strength, not "Intermediate Strength". Your friend is retarded.

Could you shake it up every now and then?

For eg
>"asses"
>Pic related Trump giving thumbs up

>watar

Attached: 1520653779818.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

your friend is a brainlet. SS is for beginners, its been tried and succeeded for thousands of people new to lifting. The only reason newfags on Jow Forums don't like it is because it doesn't make them look like Brad Pitt in 6 months

W-what does it make you look like then?

Im a skinny fat guy right now, 5'7'' started at 212 now 150 and didnt lift during that time like a retard. I really need to get my upper body increased because good god im bottom heavy right now.

Shit.
It makes you look like shit.
If you want to look good then do a basic calisthenics routine and a curlbro routine.

If you want to

ig gives you the foundations of strength so after 6 months you can choose an aesthetics program catered to your desires. The only reason people don't like SS is because it doesn't have you doing 50 sets of 2000 curls, so people think their arms won't get worked (if you're a noob, the compound movements will). You won't look like a model, but you'll look stronger than the average pencil neck beta

kinda similar stats.
5'9 and 152 lbs

3 days - dumbbell workout. two muscle group everyday
the other 3 days - cardio, abs and neck workout

Well I already look like shit and I looked worse when I was obese so I guess 6 more months looking like shit to eventually look good isnt too bad.

Are you seeing results? Also neck workout? You do those curls and stuff? I thought that was a meme but does it work?

sorry for reposting

how do i get rid of my belly

Attached: progress-ish.jpg (2577x1633, 580K)

well, it's only been 2 weeks, but i feel guud. and i can see SOME progressions. neck too.

lower your bf%, that is keep cutting and lifting

Put down the cheeseburgers Randy.

Why not find foods that fit your calorie needs and that you enjoy, then eat those?

A diet shouldn't be something you hop on and then hop off when you're "done"

What is your goal weight BMI? How skinny do you want to be, /fat/?

goal weight is 169 (1lb less than when I was 14yo)
that BMI is 21.7

goal weight 130lbs

i don't have money for gym but i really wanna lift though. what exercises can i do besides planks that'll make me really feel the burn? thx

yeah cut down on carbs and junk completely, pic on right was taken 3 days ago

There's a difference between having a treat day once every two weeks, and being on a diet that you plan don't plan to stick to forever.

I fully expect to stick my dietary changes after I reach my goal weight. But I still enjoy some trashy foods and I don't want to swap entire meals for them. So I don't. I just give myself a big treat every other week so that it

- Gives me something to look forward to
- Doesn't get stale, making it even more enjoyable
- Reminds me why I shouldn't have it all the time afterwards, without actually causing any lasting issues.

As a whole it just makes the whole thing much easier long term, while having negligible negative impact.

For the record, I rarely go 500 cals over TDEE at the absolute worst even on treat days. I don't go out and eat 4000 calories or some shit.

SW: 285lb (42 BMI)
CW: 166lb (24 BMI)
GW: Not sure but currently aiming somewhere around 145 to 150, a BMI of around 21.

About 73 or 74 kg. Gotta reduce BMI to reduce my bp. I'm too young to have high blood pressure lads ;_;

age and height?

6'2 165 is what I'm aiming for.

I can actually use a pull up bar and lift myself up and down now

Bros

Attached: 1532669516579.gif (275x310, 878K)

I have cheat meals where i save up my calories. I dont binge an entire day tho.

fasted for 46 hours
ate 1800 calories.
feel like i over ate.

I'm so fucking impatient.
I've been loosing weight since the start of 2016, thought slowly, but I want to be free of the last X on my XL clothing. FUCK.
I bought a set of dumbells, so I do some random excersises whenever I get impatient or angry. The doms are reals bois.

Attached: 1535067934654.jpg (340x320, 14K)

doms go away.
after this stage, pumping iron feeels fUCKING GUUUD

Just had a pretty big fight with someone close and was feeling like shit. Before I knew it my mind had already planned to get alone asap, buy a tub of icecream and spend the evening eating it and masturbating to pr0n. I needed the dopamine shot that bad.

I was rationalizing that it would be a break and good for making stronger progress tomorrow. Then I remembered I had promised myself to always act right.

I came home and had some pork and fruit. I'm watching a documentary and keeping my dick in my pants.

Pride has kicked in and it's better than any cheap dopamine shot.

Keep grinding bros.

what docu

22, 183cm, cw 82kg

I can't tell if im retaining water, or messing up somewhere on my counting. Haven't lost anything in over a week, but I track and weigh everything down to the gram.

What's a good rule of thumb for this? Do I need to reevaluate my counting methods?

Attached: IMG_2966.jpg (500x525, 48K)

Absolute lad, stuck thru the tough times and came out on top

Something I caught by chance on tv. "Japan from the air" or something like that. Originally french I think.

Bretty good, mostly drone and heli footage of places and interviews of the locals.

Caffeine, ephedrine, will power

Fat shitebag here. How do I stop feeling like my heart is going to explode? One of the reasons I am a fat shit is because I developed anxiety about having a heart attack, which in turn increases my heart rate and feeds the fear. I bought one of those Samsung Fitgear2 things to monitor my heart rate and activity. When I am sitting down watching tv it reads between 80 and 90 BPM. When I was cooking my dinner standing up and moving around the house it was between 90 and 100 BPM.

I know from googling it that those numbers aren't great but I am about 100lbs heavier than I should be, very very inactive as in I probably move about 1000 to 1500 steps per day. I need to get my act together. Any tips or even something to reassure me that I won't die trying to sort myself out?

i sympathize with that anxiety user. was prescribed a few different benzos in my teen years for it. used to stop me sleeping and all kinds of shit, and doctors don't know what to do when it's focused on heart health - it's not really like social anxiety or something where there's something you can work on directly and practice. i ended up having a couple ECGs that all came back clear, too. i wish i could actually offer some useful advice, but really you just need to be introspective and understand where your fears come from. maybe it helps knowing you're not alone on this.
anyway your BPMs are within normal resting ranges, seems fine. i'd ditch the fitgear thing so you don't think about it so much.

based and redpilled

For peace of mind subtract your age from 220 and that is the max your heart-rate should be before negative implications.

Meant to be replying to

Cheers user, that does help reassure me. Yeah it sucks with the anxiety but its gotten better for me over the last year or two, so hopefully the final hurdle will be getting over it in regards to exercise. I've had ECGs and all sorts of test done multiple times. Other than slightly elevated blood pressure I am in surprisingly good health, even my doctor was surprised with my results.

What have I got to lose anyway? Continue living as a fat shit til I die or at least try get out of the hole I am in. I'll keep at it anyway.

I started carnivore on Aug. 1st at 284 lbs. On Aug. 28th I weigh 256 lbs. I'm 6"'4" and turned 22 five days prior to starting carnivore. Plenty of positive results in all areas of bodily functions. I'll never go back to the old eating habits. Next are cigarettes. Wish me luck.

medium sized underpants finally fit me again, altough they do feel tight on my nuts, small victories small steps

Attached: good nut 2.jpg (311x327, 27K)

I'm only carrying the legacy of the original poster. Keeping it simple in his honor.

ATTENTION FATS

My mother and I have been doing the snake juice fast, for less than a month. She lost around 20lbs, and I went from 235lbs to 195lbs. Get over to /fast/, get your salts and water, and delete your fat like it's fucking magic. Excess bodyfat exists for one purpose, getting through extended periods with no food. Why not put that bloated gut to work?

>eat more less

Attached: 85e954af598d190c72ada0bec2d7531d6df345bae037773a815894b7475883cf_1.jpg (400x527, 24K)

I’m at 251 rn but a lot more body fat than you. Good work

Are those gang sings or are you asking for 2 cheeseburgers?

Awesome user keep it up!

>buy a tub of icecream and spend the evening eating it and masturbating

damn bro
cold showers and meditation are scientificly proven to help for lots fo shit and might help you
not memeing

Attached: 1526162893802.jpg (631x528, 46K)

21.7 apparently (160lbs 6ft) but right now I'm 29.3BMI

Attached: lk l k.png (600x600, 70K)