Tfw you’re the new guy at the rock climbing gym and CONSTANTLY getting unsolicited advice on “use your legs more...

tfw you’re the new guy at the rock climbing gym and CONSTANTLY getting unsolicited advice on “use your legs more use your legs more use legs more” when the reason I suck is because I literally started like a week ago

Attached: D5D4EC09-FA7C-447D-9EFD-61BEAC78C5B8.jpg (1369x1054, 530K)

So use your legs more.

Attached: 1337957612079.jpg (365x500, 33K)

Rock climbers are dirty hipster/nerd hybrids and they can all suck my balls

>muh functional strength
>well, uh .... not that function
BTFO, squatfag

How about i give u a good suck

You should take the advice. It doesn't matter if you have been climbing a week or a year, you should always be open for advice. If you are told to use your legs more, stop for a second and think what you are doing. Could it be that you are just trying to brute force the problem, building bad habits and adding unnecessary joint stress, skin wear and giving up all your energy in the first half an hour?

Instead you could take th advice and "climb like a girl". Smooth, precious foot movements and good body control.

>tfw bouldering
>working on V2s and V3s
>tfw holds are beginning to have no space to actually hold on to
>feet slipping
>fingers slipping
what do?

Just be yourself.

>what do?
Climb more. Literally.

But honestly technique matters the most. Spesific strength will come with time, but you don't actually have to be "strong" until you get to +v6.

Most often the mistakes that cause you to fail are:
1) Losing body tension
2) Hips getting too far away from the wall (center of gravity)
3) Arms are too bent to have a good hold
4) Your footwork is lacking (you're not stepping right on the holds and managing friction with the right body positions)

Also use chalk

but he's right
t. been climbing since i was 12 or someshit

>got to college a week ago
>walk into kitchen to microwave muh ramen
>been growing hair out for a year and a half
>keep it up in a bun so I don't get hair in my noodle
>two girls in kitchen eating noodles
>lightconversation.autism
>"are you a rock climber user?"
>"no but I like climbing on things hehe"
>"oh because every rock climber I've met has a man bun"

stayed up late contemplating a buzzcut

Attached: zizek.jpg (601x508, 28K)

Or it’s called “being a novice”

Seriously, if somebody is obviously new to the gym then you should probably hold your tongue and fuck off because “using your legs more” isn’t very helpful when the person isn’t even used to the movement in the first place

I'm more functional than you could dream of you hemp shirt wearing dirt monkey.

Manbuns are fucking gay

It’s usually called being a social human being and using it as an opener to talk. Just because you have rampant insecurities anytime someone point out you’re doing something wrong, doesn’t mean they can’t chat sperg.

>turning down friendly advice on a heavily technique based sport

fucking fag get a real haircut
preferably one that looks like you're in hitler youth

Geez, did that advice seriously hurt your ego that much? You could get so much better in a faster way by simply saying: "hey, i'm quite new so my tech sucks. Can you elaborate?"

And you could instantly unlock a move or two, which make a difference between sending or not.

stopped reading at "man bun".
have a little dignity for crying out loud

Attached: CXL-l-pUwAAoqaZ.jpg (1024x1024, 93K)

>implying being able to deadlift a stable and perfectly balanced barbell is more functional than real world climbing in changing conditions.

Climbing is for small people who don’t lift

and pool is for literal dyels but i still like doing it because it's fun you fucking troglodyte

Have you ever thought what things you could do, if you'd get rid of that insecurity about feeling small?

I train martial arts and work on a farm, I do "functional" shit every day. Stop being a presumptuous "muh functional strength" fag acting like a superior being just because you climb up a wall.
I bet I outlift you too.

>I go to a McDojo and my dad sells kale at the farmers market
You’re making it worse. Just stop. Next you’re going to tell me that you have a beard and drive a pick up.

You can do better next time.
We all will

>stops arguing the point and switches to cheap insults

You have lost.

There’s nothing functional about working on a modern day farm. It’s all mechanized. That’s why all farmers are fat now.
>Inb4 “this one time I had to lift some hay and it was really heavy!”

>getting this assmad over someone trying to help you
Are you retarded

yeah man, seems like you have to use your legs more

How do I get better at V2?
I’m climbing most V1 in my gym but I’m lackingthe finger strength to start/move in the v2, grip is so small my fingertips can’t hold it

Try using your legs

Oh nice you know my job works, great. Tell me, what's on my itinerary tomorrow?

This is just embarrassing for you, just admit you're a wallcuck with an unfounded superiority complex and trash tier arguments.

if i were him id use my legs more

Attached: rippplemilkcop.jpg (720x960, 155K)

Look, I’ll level with you. I took a craigslist job from some dude with an Eastern European accent. I get paid to just troll “conservative/liberal”, “city/country” shit on various message boards.

>”oh no people have different interests/priorities than I do reeeee”
Can you two fags swap emails and argue privately instead of shitting up the thread with your autism

Maybe use your legs more.
Rock climbing is a full body experience unless you're above moderate.

Look at this

I’m insecure about a lot of things but being small isn’t one of them

What are you trying to say? That rock climbing gets less varied the harder it gets?

God I hate rock climbing culture and also lifting culture and this thread is just proof that I'm justified in my hatred

I really like bouldering, and if I ever get rich im building my own place, I tried going to 3 different places but I cant stand the people there. Why does it attract the most annoying people ever?

What about them did you find annoying?

You really need to get your head out of your ass. Your fucking ego isn't gonna make you climb that wall but maybe using your legs more will faggot.

Attached: 1535667055414.jpg (1080x1080, 165K)

>There’s nothing functional about working on a modern day farm. It’s all mechanized.
what the fuck. maybe if you have one of those really big farm which is run almost entirely by robots, but for the vast majority of farmers no.

t. farmboy

Uhh, thats simple enough. just take the advice.

Just You put your hips to the wall and climb like its a ladder do you use your arms to climb up ladders? No, Your arms are there just to hangon while shifting your footholds.

I have to say that I hate the ladder argument. It applies to only v0 -tier boulders

How many walls do you have to climb in your daily routine outside of the gym?

>tfw go to climbing gym with GF
>just keep cheating and using my insane (compared to skinny climbers) upper strength to skip most of the wall and basically pull myself up with one/two hands
>"Use your legs more, but wow you're strong"

DEVILISH

Attached: 1529591386802.jpg (720x569, 78K)

same famalam
but fucking christ do the grip strength gains not scale with upper body gains
i remember being a 135 pound twink and climbing for 2 hours straight
now i'm 185 pounds and can climb like 2 times before my grip fucking dies
at least i'm really good the first 2 times though i guess

There’s one I climb every day on my way to work, smart guy.

Any niche sport like that usually comes with a bunch of fucking know-it-all douches who love to pontificate and hear themselves speak.

Attached: drop-a-Fag.jpg (550x309, 41K)

What about weightlifting?

If you're going to have long hair, just wear it pulled back when you need to. Buns are for women.

>show up at a marathon
>sprint the beginning
>be in first place by a long shot
>800m later get gassed
>everyone passes me
Heh, I’m totally the fastest person there, I just don’t have the endurance.

Based on the context of the OP's post for the thread, it is a perfectly good line of logic for a novice. In order to gain the muscle strength to do the higher tier climbs. You will need to learn to climb first. Also the most important part is your hips are as close and parallel to the wall as possible. you push with your legs to lift your body and use your arms to hold onto or just hang from to get better footholds. The Arms shouldn't be pulling your body weight.

I dont really consider it a sport.

OP, you're a legit tard

>SS+GOMAD

>Creatine is a waste of money

>High weight low reps
>Low eight high reps

>Hypertrophy will come with strength
>If you train for hypertrophy strength will be a side effect as well

>Isolate your abs
>compounds is enough for abs

>my chest exploded when I started doing incline bench
>my chest exploded when I started doing decline bench

This entire fucking board is a bunch of know it alls pontificating, I thought that was obvious.

>SS+GOMAD
If you're vastly underweight this is a good way to quickly gain a lot of calories.
>Creatine is a waste of money
I have literally never heard anyone say this ever.
>High weight low reps
For building muscle
>Low eight high reps
For increasing muscle volume
>Hypertrophy will come with strength
>If you train for hypertrophy strength will be a side effect as well
These two don't contradict.

>Isolate your abs
Isolation exercises are useful for specific areas that are slacking for specific people
>compounds is enough for abs
Again depends on the person

>my chest exploded when I started doing incline bench
>my chest exploded when I started doing decline bench
Both of these can help specific people improve their form when they have bad form using the flat benchpress.

All of these can be useful tips for a novice. Also, basic weightlifting is a not a sport.

How will EVER recover?

keke

If weightlifting isn’t a sport, why do people list it as a hobby on their resume?

This honestly. I swear half the people that go are zelda basedboys or live in a cardboard box.

Because it's a hobby..

>"climb like a girl"
so Ive been wondering about this, girls obviously climb using much less strength, which often involves much more dynamic movements
but then people are always saying to move steady and statically
which is it

holy shit since when was unsolicited advice so acceptable

>see group of people working on a route together
>push through and campus it
DEVILISH

OP was doing it wrong. People were trying to help him. Only the most cringeworthy of autists would get mad at people telling him and continue doing it wrongly.

This
I quit climbing because they're all freaks
Never saw so many trannies in one place

>this perfectly good analogy makes my sport sound too easy
you're an idiot

>he posts pictures of a fucking loser who needed to be internationally humiliated multiple times to realise he sucked at something

>thinks weightlifting = lifting weights
ok this is epic

Since forever?
>I can’t do X
>someone who can do X gives a tip about how to do it
It’s basic human interaction, you’d have to be a raging autist for this not to be intuitive.

and if you've lifted more than a year, you'll see that 90% of everyone in the gym is lifting wrong, but obviously you dont walk around correcting all of them

This is a good thread guys. I'm proud of you

>equating the the technical skill of lifting to that of climbing
Can you just admit that you’re upset that your ego got bruised and drop it already

Not really most people know the basics of bench, and how to curl something. Their routines are shit and they might not have the best form, but they usually get how to pick up heavy objects.

>tfw you join a rock climbing club
>tfw some guy on an autistic """"fitness"""" board disapproves

Attached: 1513142014078.png (633x758, 262K)

Are you saying building muscle doesn't increase muscle volume?

Retarded faggot stfu

nigga u dum

>tfw love climbing
>tfw fucking terrified of heights
>tfw fear makes my hands sweat like crazy

What do brehs?

Attached: 1531703569882.jpg (630x627, 45K)

Chalk up and climb harder.

Real talk the most trannies I ever saw was at a college young republican meeting.

>or live in a cardboard box
user, what do the homeless have to do with any of this

Every climbing dude at my school absolutely slays pussy.