Teetotal

How did your life change when you stopped drinking alcohol?

Attached: 51+kndKmJ-L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 17K)

Am I the only one who never started drinking? Tried drinking beer once, didn't like it. I can't stand drinkers. I don't understand why young people drink alcohol? Can't they just have a good time without drinking? I feel like I'm the last non degenerate person amongst young people.

>I found my virtue after deciding I didn't like the taste
Does your father know you're a faggot?

*snap*

Attached: 1535784052194.jpg (470x470, 70K)

Kept my diet in check.

Didn't do any stupid shit.

Saved money.

More consistency in the gym.

Less fun times with mates as I go home early as drunk people are fuckin idiots.

Less work gains from work-social activities.

Attached: 1520630083536.jpg (442x296, 12K)

No hangovers. Mental health improved. Greatly improved sleep schedule. Belly shrank. More energy.

It's hard to quit when most of your friends are drinkers and you enjoy getting drunk.
But I just can't stand another hangover.

you absolute virgin

Attached: 1494353094977.jpg (130x179, 7K)

I can't bring myself to say "I'll never drink again." for the reason mentioned about less fun with friends but I'm considering treating it as an experiment and giving up for 90d-1yr.

Gonna see if my life is better or worse than it is now and take it from there. Worse case scenario I miss a few nights out and save a bit of money.

im a similar way. all my friends talk about getting wasted every weekend but i've never wanted to join them. when i turned 21, i didnt even try a beer until a few months after. i like red wine, occasionally, but i dont think i'll ever get into hard liquor or cocktails

yeah I got up earlier, went to work, felt more productive in general but alas the weekend came again and I got shitfaced again

>get wrecked friday and saturday
>feel like shit till wednesday
>feel normal again thursday
>get wrecked friday saturday

and so on and so on

zero drinks per day is just as bad as 3-4 drinks per day. optimum health is 1.5 drinks per day.

If you don't want to be a teetotalling faggot or an obnoxious alcoholic just limit yourself to 4 drinks when you go out.

LEARN MODERATION.

"I don't like the taste of the 1 Budweiser I had" no shit beer is like soda in terms of flavor variety

luckily I'm only 21 and hardly get any hangovers so I get fucked out pubbing/clubbing and still get up and go gym the next day no problem

I did it for a year, now I just rarely drink. Like 4 times a year. I think you need to say to yourself that you won't do it for a long period of time to really experience it. Then I found I drank less, but not teetotal, after.

Attached: 1527794226407.jpg (240x240, 9K)

Saved money and started hooking up with fat chicks more on nights out

>zero drinks per day is just as bad as 3-4 drinks per day. optimum health is 1.5 drinks per day.

get in the fucking sea you mongo.

You are right about learning moderation though .

Attached: 1527508681100.jpg (563x503, 21K)

More fat chicks after stopping drinking? Degenerate.

Attached: w0m81s7tq8711.jpg (818x503, 32K)

after i drink and wank it, i feel like my urethra is burning and i have to pee but i dont. is there any way to avoid this or should i just be weary?

t. 16 year old

Don't drink anything except water and maybe milk.

That's a UTI. Make sure you wash yourself you dirty motherfucker.

Attached: 1496164073691.jpg (693x663, 60K)

MD turns me into a chubby chaser no apologies way more fun way less effort

i pretty much exclusively drink water. i tried a beer yesterday and it happened so i figured the beer caused it
i have it happen like maybe once or twice a year and it hurts like a mother. i saw some other things saying it might be a yeast infection, due to the beer, but im not too sure. i think it's pretty common

I realised I don't actually like going out all that much, friends stopped getting wasted as well. Now we just sit in the pub, drink water/tea/whatever, talk and have laughs. I started working out more, have more energy and I'm less likely to get lethargic or outbursts of "no one actually likes you". I was not a fun drunk, more annoying really. People thought it was weird, but then again I think they're weird people too. I feel more in control and the fog has gone away. I have to face my problems more often as I don't numb myself anymore. I started to dislike women that drink a lot too. So in a sense I'm pickier than I was. That's the end of my rambling, could go on but it's getting too long.

Attached: 1535887575632.jpg (400x363, 69K)

Yeah. I've had it randomly before. Painful as fuck, but it is a urinary tract thing. Something gets in there and makes it hell.

Attached: 1528517729767.png (500x374, 220K)

I'm kinda the same way. I don't mind the taste so much, but last night I got totally trashed and I hated every second of it. I'll never stoop so low again

pros
-spend a lot less money
-less calories in my diet, more room for better nutrients
-don't feel like shit afterwards
-less sweaty, beter skin

cons
-talking to girls sober
-explaining to everybody you don't drink

It happens. Drinking excessively is a bad trait. It seems you are the better for it.

Attached: Seal_2012.jpg (454x574, 305K)

>He doesnt drink

Attached: 1532180451458.jpg (749x800, 166K)

If you still drink after age 25 you have a problem, and are most likely emotionally stunted.

Who is holding that monster

My life changed after I started drinking my sophomore year of uni.
>19 at the time
>kind of buzzed at frat party
>see girl
>dance, get number
>go out later
>first kiss
>meet another girl at another party that same week
>first blowjob that night
>lose virginity next day
>first serious relationship

Just don't be a retard and be smart about drinking, lifting, and academics; it's not hard.

>$0.02 has been deposited in your account
>this message brought you by Anheuser Busch

self controll brother, if you're drunk don't drink for a good while, move and drink water, you'll be good in the morning and won't feel like shit in the night

The funny thing is that alcohol has been shilled as hard as cigarettes using the same tactics. You have to drink to have fun, you have to drink to be cool, you have to drink to get girls who drink. It's all fun/cool/sexy and you'll have amazing experiences! Look, there's even exclusive ones for the more refined people. Because PASTA or MEAT calls for RED WINE and FISH calls for WHITE WINE, a BARBECUE needs a good BEER!

Except it doesn't and you end up becoming a drone.

Then they shill that people who don't drink don't want to "give up control" or some bs like that.

You've all been played by the alcohol industry.

Attached: 1535641046462.jpg (610x611, 147K)

I quit a year ago after being a hardcore drunk for years. Since then I’ve gotten a job, I have more money than ever before and I’m not waking up every morning feeling like my brain is gonna melt from the withdrawals. Shit’s great.

>not enjoying a beer with your fit bros occasionally
moderation is best

Attached: 1535207095075.jpg (1280x1280, 220K)

>I don't like something
>Therefore everyone who does like it is "degenerate" and I can't understand why they like it

I know "Autism" is thrown about as an insult a lot on here, but if you weren't aware already, you're definitely on the spectrum mate...

In the UK we have a very strong drinking culture (not quite slavic levels but getting close at times) and our advertising rules are some of the strictest in the world outside of Muslim states.

You're not even allowed to show someone "enjoying" a drink in advertising, to the point most alcohol advertising in the UK doesn't even show the product.

So your theory falls apart.

Life got good, now when I drink my liver flairs up in pain for a good two weeks. At this moment I'm just waiting for it to kill me, although my bloodwork showed nonsign of liver damage.

Before you say yes or no to drinking, look at th e people on both sides
I am in Medicine and everyone here is smarter and more accomplished than you will ever be and they drink, are normal and usually are in relationships.

The no-drinkie group, like the anons in here, however, is mostly composed of emotionally stunted manchildren who have nor will ever achieve anything worthwhile, are pretty dumb and have no relationship as we can see by their posts in this r9k-lite board.

It`s all about the people, not the alcohol.

I still drink but maybe once or twice a month. Hoping to stop completely this year. I used to drink heavily multiple times a week. Since I cut down my "depression" has completely disappeared. It only comes back when I drink. I need to find new, sober friends.

I quite for just about two weeks but then I had 7 tall cans last night. Wasn't very satisfying and I was generally feeling better without booze. Will stay clear of it now and as far as anyone knows, I'm still booze free. Back to the question though, I also noticed I slept a lot better.

The more you like it the more you enjoy it, it‘s a mindset thing.

Also occasionally getting wasted on beer is fucking great. Except for the aftermath

based and redpilled

25 and up until this point I drank heavily most weekends.My hangovers are 10/10 in severity though so i It's becoming more and more a few whiskys at a BBQ sort of thing for me.

bump

Attached: 1535148311987.jpg (1200x800, 139K)

No you're just another type of faggot. Get off your high horse. Enjoying alcohol doesnt mean you have to get drunk.

red pasta actually tastes good with red wine though. ive tried it and can confirm

>never started drinking? Tried drinking beer once, didn't like it. I can't stand drinkers. I don't understand why young people drink alcohol? Can't they just have a good time without drinking? I feel like I'm the last non degenerate person amongst young

Attached: 1516588831666.jpg (900x900, 81K)

>there are people posting ITT that haven't gotten fucked up with a group of m8s drinking all night and getting into an adventure

gb2 >>Jow Forums