Does Jow Forums use dextrose post-workout?

Does Jow Forums use dextrose post-workout?

Attached: NOW-06924-2.jpg (1600x1600, 275K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21985671
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not worth it. Tried a few times and always crashed hard mid-workout due to dropping blood sugar.

You are supposed to take it post-worokout. Dextrose is the fastest-digesting carb so it goes straight to your muscles to repair them. The insulin spike helps boost test as well.

Get malotdextrin instead (higher glycemic index anyway, and doesn't promote tooth decay), and sip it during your workout instead of afterwards. Lifting is an anaerobic activity, you're burning glycogen and using up blood glucose, so it's fuel for your workout. Try it and see if you feel a little more energetic and/or recover faster/better between sets.

Forgot to mention: then eat normal food after your workout.

just eat potatoes

or you just can eat 100g of gummy bears

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 20K)

This is a joke right? It’s sugar guys. We all know it’s just sugar right? fuckme.srt

Yes, it's sugar. What's your point?

jesus dude eat an orange wtf

My protein powder already has maltodextrin so no

a literal unironic boomer tripfag is posting on Jow Forums now
it's no surprise that the board is going to shit my man

Dextrose is faster digesting and causes a larger insulin spike than fructose.

Is Jow Forums retarded?

>posting some bro science retardation
>is Jow Forums retarded
go back to plebbit

whoa dude, I guess it is bro science. Thanks for the great post!

This isn't /b/ faggot, niggers like you ruin this board

>sugar repairs your muscle

Attached: IMG_2774.jpg (657x527, 42K)

TKD fag that uses it preworkout

>making this retarded post
>not ruining Jow Forums
pick one you retarded newfag
also never post on this site again

Why the fuck would you ingest pure sugar post workout

Hey guys I found the next big thing in supplements. Lets put this shit in fancy bottles and post some no shit bro sci about it. Gymtards will make us all rich!
>idiot

Attached: 19DF23FF-15A0-4698-B6B4-5A0D8B36B752.jpg (939x1500, 260K)

All I did was ask if anybody uses it, I'm not advocating for or against it. Yeah I'm ruining Jow Forums, not the legion of 12-year-old /b/ faggots and frogposters who just want to shitpost about things they don't understand instead of discussing fitness. Fuck this board.

no i found the next zenith of fitness products
it's a product with an extremely high glycemix index that goes even more into your muscles than dextrose
truly a miracle powder

Attached: 000143797.jpg (1300x1300, 223K)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21985671

>discussing fitness
>talking about ingesting glucose after a workout
pick one

ask me how i know that you didn't read your source

this is all hilarious and well meme'd and everything, but sugar post-workout is literally done by olympians.

Attached: chocomilk.png (879x793, 259K)

>just want to shitpost about things
wtf did you do by posting a thread you didnt even care about? Just wanted to know who uses sugar? But btw you’re not for or against it?? You sound like a shitposting mental faggot.
>hey anons, just wondering who likes to breath oxygen? I’m not for it or anything. Just kind of dumb and need to know if others like to breath air too. Givemeattention.kys

olympians literally put suction cups on their skin and pierce a whole through the skin so they can bleed

Your didn't-read detector is broken?

you're literally brainless if you think that a study about glycolysis in cancer cells has any carryover for a retard eating sugar after working out

No! Not the secret of the melanine lifters. Ancient hoodrat secrets!! Delete this!

Used their Maltodextrin powder a lot in college. Great for the bulk. Anyone citing defunct articles more than likely vicariously lifts though jeff nippard. Sometimes you've just got to experiment brahs and do whats right for your gains.

wait what?
niggers unironically eat corn starch?
that shit must be disgusting

Ah hell. You need to go to youtube right now. That shit is funny as hell.

It's not about cancer cells, it's about metabolism in rapidly proliferating cells in general, which certainly applies to satellite cell activation and subsequent fusion to injured myofibers for repair. Way to show that your previous post and insults in this one are just desperate projections.

Table sugar is sucrose, dextrose is not you morons.

It literally does.

>Workout
>Glycogen stores in muscles deplete
>Carbs increase plasma glucose and insulin and resynthesizes glycogen. Sugar accomplishes this faster than complex carbs and dextrose accomplishes this the fastest of any sugar.
>Muscles recover faster and come back stronger

Just had an orange after my lifts. Am I doing it right sci bro or do I need to buy them magic beans at GNC like a good goy?

Attached: 57B17662-4C73-4E42-8E87-DBD60A41FAA6.jpg (605x612, 82K)

and what about that study has any bearing of dextrose over any other carbohydrate with a high glycemic index
or anything about the window of time
or any of the bro science attributed to muh dextrose
you're a literal nigger using 20 dollar words to cope for being retarded
never post again

you need to buy every product in the supp store or you'll never get muscles
t. science man

what do i search lad
please teach me
i love seeing nigger antics

Woh.... we gots us a sci bro here. Come on chem fag back that weak shit up.

>Dextrose is the name of a simple sugar that is made from corn and is chemically identical to glucose, or blood sugar. Dextrose is often used in baking products as a sweetener, and can be commonly found in items such as processed foods and corn syrup.

Dextrose is preferred because of how quickly it is processed and how strong the insulin response is. It isn't a "supplement," it is a naturally occurring sugar that is in honey, apricots, tangerines, grapefruit and honeydew melons. Oranges contain fructose which wouldn't be ideal as it isn't processed as fast, although it will still be beneficial.

I said table sugar you shit head. table sugar is sucrose that includes fructose and glucose you fucking moron. Dextrose doesnt have fructose in it.

so you're admitting that there is no reason to buy your stupid jewish scam and that literal corn starch would achieve the same result
this is what a formal education to a 90IQ retard will do to you
big words and shit for brains

This.
/Mic drop

I'm not interested in shitposing. Do you have anything of worth to say?

>every rebuttal i don't like is shitposting
what the fuck is wrong with you newfags
lurk before posting so you don't get caught acting like disgusting newfags

People in this thread are literally shilling sugar.

I think that's more than adequate unless your a top-level athlete whose workout lasted several hours and you're gonna do another one in a few minutes.

Cool goalpost shifting. None of those were relevant to my point. You're the only retard here if babby's first high school biology is "20 dollar words" for you.

>he doesn't already add wheat flour to his post-workout shake
Why bother with maltodextrin "mass gainer" bullshit, when flour is possibly the cheapest source of calories you can find?

*you're

>goalpost shifting

He's a shitposter from /b/, ignore him

there was literally zero goal post shifting
my initial point was that you are a retard that links things that aren't even vaguely related
>None of those were relevant to my point
your point being what exactly?
to buy every single powder on the market so your jewish friends can make money
>You're the only retard here if babby's first high school biology is "20 dollar words" for you
nice being retarded m8
the point of my comment was you using 20 dollar words to try to defend a point that a literal child can see is wrong

I wonder what keywords you'd need to enter if you want to see people eating corn starch.
Do you get to sit in the high chair when your mommy feeds you mush?

>implying anyone goes to /b/
also
>anyone that doesn't agree with me is shitposting
good 90 IQ point there retard

Harsh bro... gonna make a dude cry ffs. Not cool.

i thought you had a specific one in mind lad
no need to get assblasted over nothing

Sorry fren. It’s the tren talking. Just been so moody lately.

>says they are not shitposting
>calls someone a retard in the very same post

Attached: 1509164561417.png (211x239, 6K)

I replied to a poster that mocked that sugar has a role in muscle repair and scientifically corrected them. You being too underaged or developmentally stunted to understand it is not my problem.

>you can't insult someone while having a real argument

Attached: 897214897214.jpg (717x880, 197K)

>thread about eating dextrose for gains
>nuh uh i didn't shill for dextrose i just said that sugar in general has a role in muscle repair, thus fooling people into buying more jewish scams while technically being right

No please keep posting, you are proving your point very well. Fucking /b/ faggot.

Attached: ohimlaffin.jpg (640x480, 56K)

Don't post anything actually fitness related and expect a good response. These people don't lift.

Stahp asshat. This isn’t plebbit. No need to try and get that last edgy word in. No one cares. You sound like an asshole irl. Now go impress some first years if that’s your game. pleb.
An no. Not the guy you replied to cause I know you care way more than is socially acceptable.

Attached: 7CDA01A0-D12F-4994-AAEE-62F51D4B8B61.gif (500x281, 2.12M)

There is nothing to shill faggot. It's is a naturally-occuring food. That's like saying someone is shilling potatoes or protein. Is your entire vocabulary /b/ buzzords?

This thread turned into a fucking shitshow. I did legitimately start this thread because I was considering using dextrose and I just wanted people to give their (informed) opinions. Pretty much every response but a handful is /b/-tier faggotry.

So you admit you're dumb enough to form loose associations and confuse the two? Would you like to show us more symptoms of your delayed development? Are you still wearing diapers?

>actually thinking that anyone goes to /b/ after the current year -10
also
>bag full of white dust
>naturally occurring food
pick one
>protein
implying you can't shill for a type of protein that's more expensive ie literally what people do with whey and every other example of the supplement jew

>a thread about heart disease and how eggs cause it, well i'll be sure to provide some obtuse sources that hint that they do and by doing so definitely not being intellectually dishonest

>bag full of white dust
>naturally occurring food

Attached: gappymakesmehappy.jpg (177x285, 15K)

Today's special: word salad

literally zero arguments

Yes. We all use simple sugars in our lives. Happy now? Feel free to go buy extra simple sugars by another name if it makes you happy and you think it works. No one will, or does, care.

Fucking vegan! Get’em bois!

I'm merely making an observation. Don't gratify yourself by implying I would argue with a retard like you. Please do continue shitposting and embarrassing yourself though. Today's sides day.

literally will make no significant difference on your gains

Yes! Use it all the time!! Your body needs this. This and electrolytes!

Attached: D770BF31-028E-46C2-8E0E-96A6C63CDC0F.jpg (664x872, 92K)

Happy now? What the fuck are you talking about? Your post has nothing to do with answering the question in the OP. Even if I had hoped to use the information to make an informed decision, that is irrelevant. This thread isn't about me, it's about whether it is worth it to use sugar post-workout. That's it. How hard is it to discuss one simple thing without a flood of shitposters, people crying about Jews and legitimate retards who don't know the difference between the different types of sugars?

as did i make an observation
don't indulge yourself by implicatively insinuating I would quarrel with a feebleminded simpleton such as yourself
withhold further replies until the sun freezes over my obtuse injudicious brainless mongoloid friend

tfw my muscles cant wait for the 30 extra seconds it takes to digest nutritious fruit over pure dextrose after my 60-90 minute workout that was mostly rest between sets and is my only exercise all day so I go buy some overbriced bright colored plastic tub of probably tainted powder at GNC, The Thread

b-b-but the science man with a strange large nose told me that it would make me really big?
why would he bamboozle me like that?

Is this all the same person?

every post
uses lowercase and reddit spacing
like this

Attached: every-single-nicolas-cage-laugh-supercut.jpg (1000x545, 49K)

>echolalic stilted speech
like a broken record

wow you pointed out that i did something that i intended to do
could you also tell me that the sky is blue for good measure

no that's not all me
inb4 close enough
it's not close enough because you just clicked every other reply of one argument chain
it's not the same thing as samefagging
but you're an obvious newfag that doesn't know what reddit spacing is so i don't even know why i'm replying to you

Attached: Capture.png (604x633, 48K)

>a whole
A whole what?

lel
sinimasen for my yuropoor spelling skills

>lowercase and reddit spacing
Are there rules for grammer on here? Or are you just the sperg everyone is aftaid of irl??

Who knew carbs and sugar brought out the autists. Fuck.

Maybe it's time to stop posting retard

>The insulin spike helps boost test as well

protein alone is enough to spike insulin, plus lifting doesn't deplete your glycogen stores so there's absolutely no need to even eat carbs post-workout.
carbs are better consumed pre-workout