Hey robots

Hey robots.
Have any of you tried seeing a psychiatrist/therapist or taking meds? Has it work?

I've tried to but it didn't go well and was just a waste of time.
(pic unrelated)

Attached: FB_IMG_15301356202303320.jpg (1068x756, 506K)

You have to work on yourself. Seeing therapist alone won't help.

Yeah I was on SSRI's for a while but stopped cause nothing made me feel better and now I've been taking HRT for the last 7 months.
It really has helped me imo.

It helped me alot personally but it took quite a while and you have to work on yourself

How do you work on yourself? Like force you to do stuff and that?

You have to objectively think about past experiences, your behavior and emotions, and what you want from life. It's much, much more difficult than it sounds.

It won't work if you go right back to jacking off and browsing Jow Forums in your nuthut in complete darkness instead of trying to make small, regular changes.

what kind of small changes?

Yeah I did that with one of them but after a while it wouldn't work

Hasn't done shit yet

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 11.44.37 pm.png (287x617, 75K)

Taking meds only provide you the foundation to work on your issues. Therapy is the tool for you to resolve your issues, cognitive or social. Nevertheless, for existential and practical issues, nobody can really help with that completely other than yourself. So for someone who suffers from existential and practical crisis, you're on your own.

Also, the Psychiatrists hasn't done shit either

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 11.46.06 pm.png (286x616, 77K)

>go to therapist
>see therapist for a few months
>they up and leave for a different job, get recommended to different therapist
>rinse and repeat 5 different times

Done with that shit. Seeing a shrink helps because he prescribes me medication that helps with the panic attacks and general anxiety and shit that helps me get out of the house to function at base operating levels, but that's about it. It's really the best I could hope for besides a shotgun slug to my forehead I guess, but it doesn't feel like living, either.

If you have serious personal disorder then I can't help. Most robots are fine though, they're just depressed and prefer to be so. Instead of finding a job and a gf they talk about lack of those. To overcome the typical problems typical robot has to realize he doesn't have to be depressed, then he has to think about things which made him feel bitter and get over them. It's like being addicted to suffering, to fight your addiction you have to suffer even more but eventually you'll feel so much unbelievably better.

Making yourself socialize more often, doing things that are uncomfortable but necessary (not even big stuff but things like buying your groceries yourself instead of online etc), doing necessary things so you can truly relax without the guilt nagging deep inside you because you didn't do them

I also have anxiety but the meds he gave didn't do shit one of them made me sleep all the time but when I was awake I still felt the same way

What were you dealing with?

Damn, how long have been doing it and do you think it'll work later on?

Meds can be good. I actually sleep nowadays instead of rolling around in a mania for six hours every night.

I was on low dose olanzapine for a long time. I put on 30 lbs and was half asleep 24/7.
I switched to low dose Aripiprazole recently. I've lost ~10 lbs and am more alert; however, the trade of is Abilify's onset is more unpleasant than my old drug and mild insomnia has started to creep back in.

I works for me. I'm almost normal now, though I remain alienated from most people still.

I used to take that shit too olanzapine, it made me feel calm and like I was actually myself but it only worked for a week idk why, the doctor couldn't tell me either

That's only for women, right?
How come that stuff has so many "effects"?

>It's like being addicted to suffering

I think it's less this but more more that they've been depressed so long that they accept it as part of their personality rather than something that you can fix and that hasn't to be this way?

It's the problem you often have with mental illness in general, getting the sufferers to realize that they've got a fucking problem but also that they can work in it

Attached: 1534128068439.jpg (469x495, 37K)

What strength were you on? I myself started on 10 mg and tappered down to 2.5 mg. The lower dose was still effective for me though it didn't reverse the weight gain. I was tired of having a disgusting pot belly so I decided to take a risk and try some other meds even though I was stable on olanzapine.

My theory on why it lost effectiveness was that some people's brains actually adapt to the drug by altering the receptor balance on the neuronal cell surface. This adaptation can neutralize or reduce the drugs effect.
But I'm not doctor, I'm just a biology 101 student so this is all conjecture.

I don't quite remember it was like 3 years ago (damn I hadn't thought about that in quite a time seems like a few weeks )

All girls I have met abused me. I had sex but it made me feel suicidal, I wished I remained virgin for life back then. My parents were abusive, too, and after fucking with my mind for 20 years they kicked me out. As I'm a giant sperg and had no friends, I had to dwell the streets until lady luck smiled onto my poor soul and I found a place to live in. After that I was finally able to see that my parents treated me like shit all the time. That eventually led me to conclusion that I don't owe anyone anything and I don't have to suffer unless I actually want to. Now I'm being optimistic about my future, despite being a social reject.

I remember being mildly disappointed when I lost my virginity. I was expecting it to change my perception of the world: some kind of epiphany moment. Instead it was just two animals rutting in the mud.

Would you say seing a therapist was an important part of your recovery or could have you done it alone?

Was it just for the sex or did you feel something for that person?

Sex is actually great when done right.
I had no money to visit one. A good therapist would really help me I guess

It did have an emotional component. I went on to build a life with her, but I had built up the idea of sex so much in my head that the actual act in reality could never measure up.
I have heard of people describing sex as reaching heaven or nirvana. And for me that is simple not the case.