Everytime i sparr on the gym i get headaches for days, im strenghtening my neck but it doesnt help at all

Everytime i sparr on the gym i get headaches for days, im strenghtening my neck but it doesnt help at all

How do i prevent headaches after getting hit

Attached: 9254719_web1_box-canelogggfightmain_091617ev_008.jpg (1050x700, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

msdmanuals.com/home/brain,-spinal-cord,-and-nerve-disorders/symptoms-of-brain,-spinal-cord,-and-nerve-disorders/weakness
academic.oup.com/ije/article/26/3/657/742184
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

get hit more

>headaches after getting hit
Do you follow the news at all? Have you heard about (American) football players and all their concussion problems from all the impacts they experience? You're sounding like you're having the same sort of problems, and if you are then you should consider not boxing anymore. Do you even wear any sort of head protection?

Hits to the head in boxing is known to grately reduce life expectancy.

Avoid strikes to the head completely during sparring, or enjoy brain damage at 60.

This is not good at all. Consult with a doc and if he says you should stop practicing this sport then fucking do it or not at 60 but in few years

Yes i wear head and mouth protection

Fuck i wasted like 6 months of boxing training before i ever got to sparr someome and it was not bad

My only problem is that the minimun contact to my head i get headache

Maybe i will have to quit but i dont want to...

That fight was a masterpiece.

Go see a doc, especially one that specializes in sports medicine (a normal doctor will 99% likely tell you to stop without even examining you), see what they think. Sorry for your trouble, bro.

Its just weakness leaving your body

Dont listen to

You are going to be a monster just keep getting hit at some moment it will not hurt anymore, look at foreman, GGG or evander

Dont listen to so i larpers on /fit

Thats weird, I literally have never gotten a headache from hard sparring. I even got a literal concussion in a fight and didn't get a headache at any point.

Unfortunately there's no lift to get a harder chin you khan-esc bitch

Thats because you have never been hit by someone with good punching power

>just keep getting hit at some moment it will not hurt anymore
That's very short-sighted an unwise. There are well-documented long-term effects from taking hits like that, all backed up by very solid science, and no one should ignore it.

boxing training without any sparring is already very taxing on the cns, you want to avoid taxing the cns too much because the never requiere a lot more time to heal than your muscle, one of the reasons why some people seem to have a more delicate cns, is because the lack of strength msdmanuals.com/home/brain,-spinal-cord,-and-nerve-disorders/symptoms-of-brain,-spinal-cord,-and-nerve-disorders/weakness , if before starting boxing you never exercised a day of your life, then your problem is that your muscles are too weak to stand such an impact, if you did lift, then you probably never developed a solid strength foundation, training your neck alone is not enough to fix this, you have to train your whole body, you should go to an expert and get a brain scan to determine how much damage there is and know how much time you need to take off boxing and use that time off to train your strength, this might not be enough to completly erase weakness to punches if you weren't active and healty since childhood, but it might help, also especially you who can't take a punch, you need to train your defence, make sure that you get hit as little as possible with head movement, footwork, blocking, parrying, counters, be on the offensive more, things like that.

It's because you are concussed, retard. The brain can take a trauma. It can't take repeat traumas back to back, before experiencing full recovery.

Stop sparring immediately. Read about concussion recovery. Consider visiting a concussion/sports clinic. Don't return to sparring until you are 100%. This is a process that will likely take a few weeks at minimum. Seriously. If you continuously sustain repeat injuries without full recovery, you are fucking yourself for life.

>t. MD

I am an amatueur boxer in competition. You have a concussion.

After hard sparings, I had a terrible headache, with brain trauma aggravated by desidratation. I just came back home, took a paracetamol and went to sleep.
I stopped boxing, I am glad I know how to punch hard and fight, but it is a too taxing sport.
Keep safe.

Combat sports :
> Grappling : no head trauma but hard on joints (so more injuries).
> Boxing : can be hard on brain but there is less joints injuries that grappling (they occure however).
Chose wisely.

Lol, I seriously hope OP reads this

Bob and weave.

No head trauma in grappling? Clearly you're a boxer. You're an idiot if you think that.

Go see a doctor OP, if he says you're Good. Go back. If not, you're fucked

I grappled too idiot. Did both. And yes, there is much much much less head trauma than in boxing. It is barely comparable. That's why I simplified it.
You are neither a grapppler, neither a boxer.

You said there is no head trauma.

Clearly the point of the story is, if he can't get cleared by a doctor, he shouldn't continue. As for any bullshit you got on me, please. I've been grappling half my life

Wow, So cool.
Did both. Yet, consider that grappling head trauma to be RIDICULOUSLY low compared to an activity were head trauma is a hudge problem ... boxing beeing the worst.
Grappling : had to have a knee surgery, ACL and meniscus. Few blows to the head.
Boxing: back pain and shoulders ... but worst are headache that it gave.

I agree on the result for OP : See a doctor. Stop boxing. Do bjj/judo/wrestling if the doctor says that you are unfit. They are nice sports.

Get hit everywhere else more. Either stop giving a fuck about your brain, or protect your head.

Head protection just stops your face from getting cut the fuck up you dunce. Your head is still experiencing the impact force.

Stop sparring dumbass. At least for several months.

Also do Muay Thai. Less white/brown trash and less head hits.

Attached: 1440628310875.jpg (700x333, 22K)

>Judo/wrestling
>Especially Judo

Lol, dude if he's getting headaches that will just make it worse. Fuck, I know people who couldn't even job/jump rope without making it worse. Getting thrown is far worse.

Being a faggot greatly reduced life expectancy but you dont hear people freaking out about that.
>If the same pattern of mortality were to continue, we estimate that nearly half of gay and bisexual men currently aged 20 years will not reach their 65th birthday. Under even the most liberal assumptions, gay and bisexual men in this urban centre are now experiencing a life expectancy similar to that experienced by all men in Canada in the year 1871.
academic.oup.com/ije/article/26/3/657/742184

You'd better stop sparring for a while to see if it gets better... Good luck though.

>Grappling
>Boxing
>Buy a gun
Choose wisely

>gun
>Not using a well placed pipebomb. Nothing beats a pipebomb

Suffered my first concussion from thaiboxing last week, had the worst headache of my life followed by puking.

If anything,head protection makes it worse,at least in terms of brain damage.
Head protection is actually meant to protect your limbs when you're hitting the guy and face from getting cut

Seriously stop sparring. If you are only training as a sport and arent competing you have no reason to. Also reevaluate the gym you train at. After I started traveling for work and couldn't train at my local gym anymore it took finding a gym on the road to realize how unprofessional the first gym was.

>How do i prevent headaches after getting hit

You might not be able to. Everyone is different in terms of their ability to take shots to the head. Some people can't handle it. As others in this thread have said, take at least a month off and then try again. If you find yourself in the same situation it's time to quit.

Unfortunately it's a sport where the objective is to give your opponent brain damage. I did it for a while and then decided to give it up. It's not worth putting your long term mental health at risk, unless you've got nothing else going on in your life or think you've got what it takes to be an elite pro.

Are you suffering from advanced CTE? Or were you born stupid?