Why are anime so FUCKING CRINGY ? Trying so HARD to force feelings. It's like the media is telling you how to react...

why are anime so FUCKING CRINGY ? Trying so HARD to force feelings. It's like the media is telling you how to react, pathetic seriously.

And it's a shame because the musics, plots and animation are usually pretty good.

Attached: crying_girl_asian_cartoon.jpg (1280x720, 41K)

Anime is definetely an acquired taste, especially the more over-the-top moe/fanservice type shows. I've noticed that if you haven't watched anime in a long while, like several months or a year, that taste wears off and watching anime becomes cringe. But if you watch it all the time that stops.

Stop watching gay shit like SnK

I have watched also death note, OPM, AssClass, re zero and it's always here. (Less in the "serious anime")

and snk is above all those

They're cringy because you're the kind of cringeworthy retard that watches them. Watch shit anime win shitty prizes.

k give me some non shitty weebmaster

Anime is for children. Why are you watching children's cartoons?

I personally like that the characters and situations are so expressive. Please don't be mean, they're not telling you "how to react", they're showing you how the characters feel, you can react however you want about it.
Don't listen to this user

Attached: Mikasa_Ackerman_character_image.png (585x585, 362K)

Because it's designed either for autists or young kids/teenagers. All of whom struggle with grasping subtle emotions so most anime is very in your face about it.

everytime mikasa/armin/historia speak I want to shutdown my computer

Legend of the galactic heroes

Blox

Japs are honor-bound to suppress their emotions, so over the years have forgotten how to genuinely feel.

That's like every other media: tv, films, books, music, ...

The whole point of anime is overly expressive fucking faces. It's kind of difficult to have subtle emotions when you characters often doesn't even have a nose.

I don't. Western shows are boring, you never know how the characters feel and there's barely any breathing room for them to express their emotions. Just go watch those,

Attached: c836b349931289a74b8d7fb9aae1f603.jpg (736x635, 69K)

>watch shit anime
>WOW why is all anime shit?

But none of them are any good

The best part about all this is that you won't accomplish anything and the world will stay the same.

because it's mainly aimed at turbo autists who both lack the experience and and mental faciulties to properly understand social cues and interaction, so anime has to drive the hoint home with a sledge hammer.

Actually good anime won't send normies into cringe induced convulsions and is enjoyable without previous anime experience.

Attached: 3445353.jpg (600x338, 61K)

That's really deep user.

blahblahblah it's all the same

Attached: yes.jpg (246x205, 7K)

This
The show progressively gets worse to the point where I didn't even bother finishing the Marley arc where eren blows up the gov
>oh look Gab is just like eren
>lmao roles r reversed now guys
>look Levi is fighting zeke, isn't that sugoi???
The only good thing SnK did for me was get me into anime

That's not true. There's plenty of genuinely good anime.

Toradora is by one of the worst offenders of this. I never want to see that pool scene ever again.

The 'cringy' emotional scenes are pretty well executed in re zero imo.

everything is cringey and tries hard to force feelings. every interaction with a person is them reining in a plea for you to like them and shaping it into some face noise. every piece of media is an attempt by the creator to glean validation from you. doubly so in this era of solipsism. from nothing for no reason just let me take the love for nothing and to no purpose. let me take what I can get and die. life is worthless. It's insurmountable and everyone wants to beat it.

right, because capeshit and western dramas don't do that at all

There is plenty of anime that doesn't try to force feelings and those are hit or miss. I get what you're saying, its the one part of evangelion I don't like.

I feel megalo box also did it and I would put it at a 10/10 if it wasn't so artificial with the family relations and such.

Golgo 13, ghost in the shell, afro samurai, and often other """adult""" anime tends to do it less though.

Unfortunately for me I unironically believe this.

>Anime is definetely an acquired taste, especially the more over-the-top moe/fanservice type shows. I've noticed that if you haven't watched anime in a long while, like several months or a year, that taste wears off and watching anime becomes cringe. But if you watch it all the time that stops.

So it's basically like immunizing yourself to a poison by constantly ingesting small doeses over time until you are able to withstand bigger doses of the poison?

Watch Ghost in the shell or Monster. Very mellow in terms of nip hysteria in my opinion.

Torodora made me cringe the whole way through.
I don't watch anime anymore but looking back I realise I spent so much time watching shit anime just because they were well known and were good time wasters. Even a lot of the "good ones" already require an openness to anime.
I think in total I've watched 100-200 anime, and really if I were now asked which ones I'd watch again I would only pick maybe 10-15 of them.
The problem is that really good anime is fairly rare, people will argue there are plenty of good anime but it's not really true.
>inb4 autists asking me for the list I've scene

yes but it's poison that give you warm fuzzy feeling and dopamine.

Attached: 54333.jpg (800x450, 61K)

>yes but it's poison that give you warm fuzzy feeling and dopamine.

so it's more like drugs?

>The problem is that really good anime is fairly rare
While I'm probably a bit more generous to it then you are, I do agree with you.
People who feel the need to binge watch every possible fucking anime and treat it as a diehard hobby are borderline retarded.

>CRINGY
Why do you obviously parrot other people's "opinions"?

Watch MD Geist. It is a masterpiece, perhaps the most important animated film of all time. It doesn't have any of that cringy stuff that is typical in anime.

Most anime isn't for children, and anime and cartoons aren't the same thing.

Autism and anime have nothing to do with each other, and teenagers are an American bogeyman.

It depends on the anime. More subtle character acting also exists.

Autism and anime have nothing to do with each other.

There is nothing more repetitive in the world than an anime thread. Always the same posts.

>Most anime isn't for children
Ok. Manchildren

>Autism and anime have nothing to do with each other
Then how come it attracts so many autists?

Standard retort. Always the same shit. There is nothing more repetitive in the world than an anime thread.

Manchildren are a bogeyman that you people use in situations like this. If you can't claim anime is for children, then you switch to non-existent "manchildren." You are just that desperate to attack anime.

There is probably not a single person on Jow Forums who even knows what autism is.

Most anime shows in Japan air late at night when all the kiddies are asleep. Associating anime with children is a western thing.

>why are anime so FUCKING CRINGY ? Trying so HARD to force feelings. It's like the media is telling you how to react, pathetic seriously.
>And it's a shame because the musics, plots and animation are usually pretty good.
Watch made in abyss

Attached: F3FBFE5AF6694142B570F16190553E31.png (1306x1571, 223K)

>There is probably not a single person on Jow Forums who even knows what autism is
Okay, aspies then. I'm diagnosed myself so eat my tiny wiener.

Because the bug eyed borg fucks who made it are soulless husks of people. Mindless drones that poorly imitate anglo emotions and it ends up artificial and cheesy. They are robotic and everything they do is artificial. Every anime is cringe, shit, and embarrassing to watch.

>Okay, aspies then. I'm diagnosed myself so eat my tiny wiener.
What the hell are you talking about?

it's the same rationale that puts all the cast into specific boxes according to their current behavior, good and bad... the majority of anime protagonists are so selfless it makes me physically ill, and the majority of villains are evil simply because they delight in the suffering of their victims, but reality's a lot greyer than that... this is actually why watching anime depresses the fuck out of me since fiction is the only medium where moral paradigms have long term significance... I can understand why they're used, but I still don't enjoy the black and white mentality that persists in anime

the west hasn't produced decent culture since fucking schooners stopped being a thing
>why isn't everyone as shitty as we are

Again, just nothing but repetition. Something like this is always posted. And it's all gibberish as usual.

You've clearly seen very little anime. Moral ambiguity is very common.

>Most anime shows in Japan air late at night when all the kiddies are asleep. Associating anime with children is a western thing.

It is however aimed at otaku which have the understanding and ability for social interaction of children

Attached: Big_Dog.jpg (264x320, 14K)

you're trying too hard
try less hard

You have no idea what otaku are.

give me some examples of genuine moral ambiguity that don't operate in blue and orange territory like Kyuubei

yes and fapping to loli doesn't mean you are pedophile

Even Sailor Moon and Precure have villains who eventually turn out to be good.

>who eventually turn out to be good
you're still on the dichotomy

fapping to loli makes you a pedophile if and only if you are circumcised

Here we fucking go again. These pedophiles are EVERYWHERE now, pushing their propaganda 24/7.

You'll need to watch MD Geist. Right now, on youtube.

No. The villains are obviously not absolute evil if some of them get second thoughts and change sides.

consider it done friend

is that the meme anime that one-eyed /a/ mod tried to force

Watch Bubblegum Crisis for the soundtrack if you haven't already

Try MHA, it's not forcing ther imo, you feel by yourself when you see what's happening.

also it was terrible, the whole joke was that it was incoherent and retarded. congratulations on getting suckered by yet another dumb ironic maymay

>meme anime
No, it's not. Some people have tried to make a meme out of it, yeah, but the anime itself is serious.
It's also very distinct from ordinary productions in that there is no idealism in it. It is very much a Nietzschian anime.

It's very much coherent though. The story is extremely simple. As for it being retarded? Well these are people who like works of such "depth" as Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Moral ambiguity or stuff liek that isn't even the problem, there's plenty anime that have interesting themes but are still complete garbage because the characterisation or other aspects are simply retarded.

Attached: 1533823811368.jpg (510x826, 42K)

Nigger SnK is a masterpiece like Hajimete no Gal.

Attached: [Mushin] Hajimete no Gal - 11 [OVA] My first school festival (BD 1280x720 x264 AAC).mkv_snapshot_07. (502x676, 479K)

Agreed, OP. Most of the anime I've seen had all the subtlety of an elephant playing a trombone. The emotional scenes are hamfisted as fuck and way over the top. Everything is overdramatic, it almost seems like satire it's so over the top. That said there's good anime out there, and also a lot of western media is guilty of the same thing, a lot of shows and movies rely entirely on the musical score and playing loud sad music to envoke emotions rather than good writing and character development.

is the remake any good of LOTGH?
I haven't watched it but I heard it's a great sci fi military show but 75 episodes is a bit of a commitment

>Try MHA
Yikes.......

>No, it's not
and MLP is a deep and important show, a welcome anecdote to the darkness and cynicism of whatever
nice work fucking yourself in the ass with your own irony, tryhard

Easy.
Don't watch fotm shonen/moe/whatever trash.
Watch shows like LOTGH or Texnolyze instead you dumb nigger.

The words I used were a little too complex for a guy who spends 10 hours a day watching little girl shows?

Pretty much a bad cliche going as far back as Disney

They have no creativity so they use the love story as filler

Also thanks for the qt Mikasa pics

it's overhyped cliquecore bullshit
it's fine to have memes, but you're trying to force your memes to be other people's memes, and that's gay
I'm not going to tell you what I actually watch, because I know you: you're upset that I disrespected your crappy show, so you'll develop a grudge against whatever I say I like

You don't get it. You are this guy, soft, inoffensive with the depth of a disc. Something like MD Geist is abhorrent to you, because Geist is everything that you are not.
He is high on the mountain peak while you are slime stuck to the ground.

Attached: tumblr_njwfqzY7hw1roqtzko3_500.gif (500x281, 1.18M)

what the hell is this thread
i hate every single one of you