What would likely happen if they detonated a nuclear bomb in the Mariana Trench?

What would likely happen if they detonated a nuclear bomb in the Mariana Trench?

Attached: 31CDAAF800000578-3474497-The_trench_s_deepest_point_Challenger_Deep_which_lies_about_200_-a-18_14570 (634x426, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y53vDnNPiA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It would wake up Godzilla.

It would bring forth the Balrogs from the First Age

Probably a series of tsunamis and earthquakes

not a whole lot actually

That depends on the magnitude of the nuke. A 100K kilo-ton would definitely wake up Godzilla.

The Deep starring Samuel L Jackson

nothing
Even at that depth it's still considered the surface when tectonic plates are concerned

How would you get it down there? Doesnt the weight of the water crush everything after a certain depth?

Riddle did one on this, but basically jack shit because of the pressure down there.

damn, poland, you made me smile aloud

Attached: 1337.jpg (363x324, 35K)

a big splash

Nothing. Because there is no Mariana Trench
But if we're talking about the Marianas Trench probably still nothing.

Cthulhu will awake

the biggest braap in history

It's Gojira.

if you build the nuke JUST right, you might cause an earthquake.

Similar to detonating a nuke underground, except at the bottom of the trench you have about 1,000 bar of pressure, of 14,500 burgers per square inch of liquid. So the nuke would go off, maybe displace a few cubic kilometres of water briefly (upwards, since that's where the least pressure is), creating a very large geyser of water, similar to the nuke in Operation Crossroads, but less intense due to aforementioned depth and pressure.

Any ships floating above it would probably sink from loss of buoyancy due to the sudden gases (steam) rising from the depths, unless they cool in time.

>you have about 1,000 bar of pressure, of 14,500 burgers per square inch of liquid
what

trench warfare

American education, everyone!

Checked 'n keked

Attached: 1492025190116.jpg (1280x670, 317K)

nothing good

youtu.be/Y53vDnNPiA4

Got a bad feeling in my bones

Not a whole lot

very weak earthquake, and then nothing.

The pressure alone wouldn't allow you to take a nuke to that depth. The energy would displace a large volume of water upwards but wouldn't cause any noticeable aftermath beyond mild seismic activity. There are easier ways to turn Guam into a seawold splash zone.

Attached: 1520242636149.jpg (960x1280, 130K)

Attached: collect call of cthuhu.jpg (456x323, 28K)

We all die, unless you live in a submarine or some shit that's air-tight and has enough air for some days.
OR, costal regions get kekked and inland countries barely get affected.

Attached: 0577118866629478.jpg (902x902, 711K)

It's already been stated of you want to do the most damage you need to explode such a bomb in space no?

That sounds like a shitty title for a youtube clickbait video.
>woooow! mysteries, exciting, I'm different

Attached: Atlanta-Air-Conditioning-Sunglasses-Fun.jpg (900x677, 48K)

I don't know man

Attached: 1498003181210.png (709x1085, 271K)