Terminator 2 pales in comparison to The Terminator. The Terminator is an incredible film...

Terminator 2 pales in comparison to The Terminator. The Terminator is an incredible film, the atmosphere is thick and there is no comedy relief to appeal to children. T2 was an action movie for families to enjoy, while The Terminator was horror. If you prefer T2 to the original you have terrible taste, it was a summer action film. The Bayformers of it's time, it shat all over everything that made The Terminator great. It replaced gritty 80's atmosphere with an annoying child actor and joke catchphrases galore.

Attached: The_Terminator.jpg (782x440, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yz9OKVuSgxw
youtu.be/uLasBsoZBi0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=Yz9OKVuSgxw
Arnold plays a better villain than protagonist, particularly when he doesn't have to say much. The T-800 in The Terminator is one of the most menacing antagonists of all time.

The original was way better. They made a mistake making a sequel to begin with.

Hasta la vista, user

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

The only reason why anyone ever thought T2 was the better film is because the effects were mind blowing at the time, and to some extent they still hold up. Cameron had to work with a small budget on the first film, so he put a lot more effort into the atmosphere. They made more with less.

thats great and all but real men choose T4 with le finger man playing as john connor

Attached: checkem.jpg (224x225, 10K)

That's one of the reasons why I hate T2. Fucking catchphrases, the T-800 isn't supposed to be comedy relief. It's supposed to be an emotionless killing machine, that's literally it's job. T2 was a mistake.

T2 wouldn't have been quite as bad had they cast someone at least 16 years old or so as John Connor. The kid who played him in T2 is almost as bad as Jake Lloyd.

I love how he pushes open the door at 0:32, the scenes where he was arming himself and killing Sarah Connors were great.

The whole point though of T2 was to show the machine becoming human, the catch phrase adds to that idea so it fits

The exact thing applies to Alien and Aliens too.

Aliens is better though

>machines send back a single Terminator to get rid kill a woman
>it fails
>in the next film they don't send back an army of Terminators, instead some shitty superterminator that fails again

Fuck the hell off he was cute

This. Alien had a far better atmosphere. It wasn't all pew pew pew pew and one-liners, like it's unfortunate sequel.

I don't even remember a single thing from that movie aside from the scene where that terminator realizes he is actually a terminator.

>he was cute
But that's not what I want in a Terminator movie. They shouldn't have made any sequels, none of them come even close in quality to the original.
Okay, the T-1000 was pretty cool. I'll admit that.

Attached: Uzi Nine Milimeter.jpg (678x493, 156K)

Hows Genysis?

Attached: 1534415368074.gif (250x251, 998K)

thank god im not the only one who likes T1 over T2. the original film had a genuinely dark atmosphere that made the action all the more intense.
the plot itself puts you over the edge of your seat because of the stakes. the fate of the world was literally determined by the victor of the race between the terminator and kyle. it's genius and even the into feels realistic too. it's what the terminator would actually do if he was sent to find sarah connor in los angeles. the realism and suspense make it better than T2.

Attached: 1507317119815.jpg (720x960, 70K)

>mfw the terminator is the most relatable character in that movie.

Attached: download.jpg (168x299, 9K)

An interesting concept.

The Harvester and the moto-terminators were so bad ass in the movie

youtu.be/uLasBsoZBi0

No bigger complaint with T2 is that it sets up a logical paradox. The first movie makes no sense given the events of the sequel.

The "victory" in T1 was a victory for the future. It's not a victory for us, because we still inevitably have to die when SkyNet wakes up.

But the "victory" in T2 erases the entire timeline, including T1. But that creates a paradox.

Honestly I thought rise of machines was the best

I find T1 interesting because, you don't know what part of the loop youre on (when its taken as an individual film)
Is Reece John's father originally? Cause if hes not
>Base timeline is dude knocks up Sara
>Sara has John
>Skynet (or some iteration of it) is developed and kills everyone
>John becomes leader
>Sends kyle back (alone) to be save his mother instead of multiple people against a death machine
I find it more likely that John sent back multiple people to protect her in this first part and it just so happens Kyle knocks her up
>Kyle replaces dude as john's father
>Skynet is built using the chip from Terminator
>John learns that kyle is his father
>Sends Kyle back alone out of fear of someone else being his dad
>Movie takes place
>Skynet is built
>John becomes leader
>Cycle repeats
>Loop runs infinitley
Kinda odd to think about. Good scifi does that

Attached: 1534977866451.jpg (250x250, 7K)

First one sets up an endless loop so its not that big of a gripe

Its not a bad movie
I enjoyed it last time I watched it

Both are great for different reasons

Anyone who disagrees is a faggot of epic proportions

Attached: most-interesting-man-240.jpg (225x300, 15K)

I just had a break through.
This answers the question of why John would send Reese back

Attached: term.png (781x160, 13K)

Great discussions, I love me some Terminator.
But I agree with thhis guy

Issues still remain though
>Kyle is born late enough that he grows up after bombs fall, which is forty years after 1984. This would make him to young to do Sarah likely
Guess my old theory makes more sense. Still, its not bad

Still have T2 on VHS tape, special effects have aged brilliantly.

It really dropped the ball, the concept was interesting but the plot interactions were a tangled mess

Entertaining, but not what I'd call "good".