Guys. I need advice. My 21 year old brother is in a rough patch now...

Guys. I need advice. My 21 year old brother is in a rough patch now. His only living options are at my parents small home sharing a small room with our 14 year old brother or at my place. But I live in a basic and small single wide trailer...
He works 2 part time jobs so he wouldn't be home all day. And his gf wouldn't stay the night ever. I am wondering if I should charge him like $200 rent or something.
Idk if I wanna give up my personal space but I wanna help family out. What do...

Attached: 20180830_203601-1280x866.jpg (1280x866, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cuCqn07EOKk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here is the spare room id be losing.

Attached: 20180806_204631-1280x960.jpg (1280x960, 332K)

I just don't know if I wanna share my space am I being selfish

Attached: 20180806_204536-1280x960.jpg (1280x960, 225K)

If i was in your position and we had a chill relationship id let the bro stay with you. Establish some ground rules like rent and make it clear that this is a stepping stone for him to get the fuck out on his own again. For a 21 yo failing and moving back in with his parents and sharing a room with a 14 yo is rather pathetic and he may just slip further into failure due to depression or something

yes you should charge him rent if you feel obligated to take him in

I would say we have a decent but not very close relationship. I wish my place was bigger and had 2 bathrooms though. It's perfect for just me.
You got a point. I mean he is my brother. I just don't want his gf over too often and him to clutter my place up. I'm going to have to set some serious ground rules. Plus I go to bed early. Like 9:30pm. So he's going to have to change his routine.
Man I'm so unsure about this but I wanna help. What if he says he can't pay rent?

Attached: 20180806_204431-1280x960.jpg (1280x960, 233K)

I think that's I'm going to have to do. It's not fair he'd get a free ride while I pay $695 rent plus $105 electric monthly.... Fuuuuck lol.
I just don't know how much to ask for. He works 2 part time min wage jobs...

holy shit you have huge feet. is your penis big too?

Make him pay the electricity bill since that's the #1 thing he's going to consume by living there.

YOU establish the rules. Its YOUR place and YOU are offering to HELP him. If he refuses to adhere to your rules theres nothing you should do for him. Obviously, avoid being a petty tyrant but its your terms or sharing a roo. with a 14 yo at mom and dads. I get the worries about personal space and selfishness, and i dont think you are. The fact that youre even considering this shows good will on your part.

You can tell by looking at my Vans? They are size 11.5 US
Weirdo.
Maybe it wouldn't be much asking him to pay electric and internet a month. That's only $150. Good idea user.

Attached: 20180806_204558-1280x960.jpg (1280x960, 315K)

So he gets to bond with his brother is he doesn't move in with you, big whoop. I would be wondering what the length of stay is projected to be. If he had two part time jobs, which equals full time pretty much, I'd be wondering why he can't rent a place himself? Why doesn't his gf take him in? Does he not like living with strangers?

You don't need to pressure yourself, you earned your own space.

so you're saying you do have a big dick?

maybe it's just an illusion, but they look bigger than 11.5.

I'd let him stay, but be forewarned, it may strain your relationship if he's a dick

I'm going to also add that once he's moved in just think how hard it's going to be if you have to start reminding him and eventually telling him he has to go. Why is he in a rough patch?

I wasn't expecting such good advice on r9k. The length of stay is "temporary until he can move on his own". But idk how that's going to happen with 2 minimum wage jobs and a gf who is jobless and lives with her parents. That worries me.
And you're absolutely right I shouldn't stress about this. I did earn this and idk if I wanna give up having this all to myself. I've only been out on my own for 7 months and I don't ever want to look back.
And that's a good question. Idk why he doesn't live with his girlfriends parents. They are in their 20s so not sure why the parents would mind.

Attached: 20180625_164547-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 215K)

if you do let him move in, make sure he signs a lease or some other legal document so you can evict him if necessary

Absolutely true. My word would be law since it's all under my name and I could kick him out and he'd have to share a cramped room with our 14 year old brother.
This is a tough decision. On one hand we could bond ourselves since we don't talk much anymore. On the other it might make us argue like when we were kids... I got a week or 2 to decide all of this but I found out today about it so it's on my mind a lot about how should go about this.

I thought about that
I don't wanna have to deal with trying to get him out was he's overstayed his welcome.
Well, neither of us went to college. I only make 19/hr so I'm not doing very well either but I can be independent at least.
He had lived in my grandmother's attic for the past 2 years barely working, smoking weed and his gf basically lived with him up there. Now my gma is fed up with it. He wouldnt be doing that shit at my place though

Oh I will definitely be doing this. I wouldn't charge him rent if he'd share his gf sometimes.

I'm trying to put myself in your position. I'm thinking about getting my own trailer as well. I figure I would let my sister live with me if she fell on hard times. But a brother? I'm not so sure. My sister did the same for me and I lived with for a year. She's clean and respectful, we often bond over what TV shows we have been binge watching. We never got into arguments and basic shit like laundry times, we cleaned up our own messes, I would sometimes step up and do dishes even if they weren't mine.

That's because I feel like I prefer living with women though, my experience is better with them. Men start to feel entitled. Once had a roommate that had hearing problems due to being a mechanic so he would blast his TV or music and it was annoying as hell. Asking him to turn it down turned into some kind of game, because muh dominance bullshit. That and he smoked weed, which unless he doesn't feel like cracking a window one day everyone else had to live with it.

I'm blogging and I'm not very helpful I realize.

It's not selfish. If he has no bathroom that is rough.
Hard for us to answer. it depends on how annoying he is. He could be a nice lil mouse who plays by the rules. Or he could be alcoholic, bang his gf loud af, eat all your food, slam doors, wake you up, and piss next to your ears every hour

OP here. I'm leaning more towards no to moving in with me. Seems too risky. Plus if he probably wouldn't give me a turn with his gf which would be shitty if I let him live with me.
Oh well. Maybe if I get a bigger rental home. I'm kinda over this single wide trailer anyways.

Only one dumbbell.
What a fucking faggot.

this is very nice for a trailer wtf

I haven't lifted that dumbell in over 3 years.
Thank you. I don't have pics of my bedroom. I wish i could share it was a cute girl.

The trailer is from 2015 and only one old couple used it before me. Still feel it's too small and I want a house with a garage and fenced in backyard

Attached: 20180806_204840-1280x960.jpg (1280x960, 225K)

I would absolutely love a place like this but Im I poor min wageslave myself and live in an area where these are not in abundance renting a room for 500$ instead. Having a yard just means you have to maintain it and it costs bigly over time which is money down the drain for some plants. Grow some things inside to give yourself some nature

Would he be paying rent at your parents place? If not, thats probably the best option. Sure it would be tough to share a room, however he'll need to tough it out to get through his situation. He'd probably be saving a lot of money especially if your parents cook for him as well.

That depends, what's the minimum wage there?
2 minimum wage jobs at say, 20 hours each a week, would net me exactly $1437 after taxes here, and that's more than enough
Rent - $360 a month (2 bed apartment, rent split)
Utilities ($250 a month)
Car payment/Insurance/Gas ($175)
Food ($150)
Saving ($200)
Which leaves me with $300 for weed and video games.

>For a 21 yo failing and moving back in with his parents and sharing a room with a 14 yo is rather pathetic
Is it really user? It's not like i chose to fail.

Attached: 1535310849795.jpg (799x874, 71K)

is this what you are listening too?
youtube.com/watch?v=cuCqn07EOKk

the image looks so bright in your picture

I just wanna say you have a really comfy trailer user

Always help those you love user. They would do the same for you!